PDA

View Full Version : *** Stock V.S AfterMarket --- Please volt.

Hop Hop
12-11-2001, 02:53 PM
Hey AO, why do you think aftermarket parts are better than Stock? like the ANS V.S. Stock bolt and Valve... isn't the Stock are build better? stock are sure more expansive than the ANS ones...

Thanks !!!

Muzikman
12-11-2001, 03:06 PM
What if I want to Vote not Volt?:)

Hop Hop
12-11-2001, 03:16 PM
Ha... my bad, thankz Muzikman ~_~

Dave
12-11-2001, 04:19 PM
When it comes to internal parts, no aftermarket stuff is gonna be better than down home AGD stuff. Aftermarket stuff like drop fowards or foregrips are cool, though.

-Dave

mag59459
12-11-2001, 05:27 PM
I agree w/ keeping my internals stock, but maybe this is why mags aren't as popular as some other guns. A lot of more popular (especially cockers) have a wide variety of after market internals that accaully make them better.

Puddleglum
12-11-2001, 05:33 PM
Well what about AGD aftermarket parts? Like the superbolt, are you gonna tell me that the stock bolt is better??

mag59459
12-11-2001, 05:38 PM
i was refering to aftermarket parts made by other companies such as a.n.s.

Russ
12-11-2001, 06:00 PM
Is the "SuperBolt" better? What makes it better?

Better efficiency?
Less ball breaks?
Less chops?
Faster ROF?
Longer life?
Cheaper?

NO!

It weighs less, rendering less recoil, that's all. Does that constitute a performance increase? You decide. It costs more, and wears more. You can buy more replacable sleeves, again raising the cost.

(I still bought one, though ;) )

Jonneh
12-11-2001, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Puddleglum
Well what about AGD aftermarket parts? Like the superbolt, are you gonna tell me that the stock bolt is better??

It could be argued that the stock bolt will last the guns entire life, whereas a superbolt (well, the sleeve thing) won't.

I like aftermarket parts, because they are pretty. DYE!!""~£21

Cha0tic
12-11-2001, 06:42 PM
stick to AGD made parts as far as internals are concerned. for external upgrades like foregrips, cradles, look for other companies.

kinda o.t. about superbolt.....

the superbolt is lighter. this gives less recoil and helps your accuracy out, because your hand isn't jerking at all from recoil. the bolt will cycle faster because it is easier for the spring to return the bolt when 1/2 the weight is trimmed off. you never have to buy a new bolt when your bolt wears out. just replace a little sleeve, i'm not sure how much sleeves cost, but i'm sure they're cheap.

Butterfingers
12-11-2001, 08:02 PM
not NEVER...

You can wear that stainless steel rim off like any other standard stainless steel bolt.

Paintchucker
12-11-2001, 08:35 PM
or was that lite beer commercial "tastes great less filling" ??? Anywho, if the bolt weighs less, it should take less gas to cycle it too, so your air efficency should go up a little. I just got mine in the mail, and will have to test the theory.

BTW, the main reason I decided to try the superbolt is because a p-nubbin on my barrel ate up the edge of my Aftermarket bolt... I did the best I could with the dremel, but still...

Russ
12-11-2001, 09:07 PM
Paintchucker wrote:

Anywho, if the bolt weighs less, it should take less gas to cycle it too, so your air efficency should go up a little.

Mags function with a fixed volume of air, held in the chamber, and released when the sear lets go of the bolt. The same amount of air is released, no matter which bolt you have installed.

Hop Hop
12-12-2001, 11:04 AM
What about the ANS 8-HOLE HURRICANE VALVE? I have both the stock and ANS... the ANS is a lot lighter than the stock, but how's the performance? Which one you think is better?

bofh
12-12-2001, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Russ
Paintchucker wrote:
Mags function with a fixed volume of air, held in the chamber, and released when the sear lets go of the bolt. The same amount of air is released, no matter which bolt you have installed.

Yes, the blow forward design is uses the spring as its return force, and the weight of the bolt has nothing to do with the efficiency.

skipdogg
12-12-2001, 11:39 AM
paintguns recoil??? in the 10+ years ive played, i have yet to notice any "kick" from a paintgun.
I am also under the assumtion i am holding my gun steady when i shoot and not losing accuracy to recoil.
then again i dont have an electro.....is that when there's recoil?

Panzerr
12-12-2001, 02:35 PM
Sure, they don't recoil like a twelve gauge, but they all have recoil. Blame it on physics. Any action has an equal and opposite reaction. In the 10+ years you've played, have you not noticed the difference in the recoil of an old tippmann and a mag? Even if you hold it steady you are going to lose accuracy from recoil when you rapid fire.

skipdogg
12-12-2001, 03:14 PM
i know the physics exist to say it happens. but no...i personally have not noticed.

TheTramp
12-12-2001, 03:18 PM
The only paint gun I've ever shot with no real recoil was a shocker.