PDA

View Full Version : tippmann tank

Cow hunter
12-27-2005, 09:37 PM
dont know how many people know but a few years back tippmann had a go-cart type thing they called the "tippmann tank" or somthing of that sort, it had a mounted paintball minigun and a 5000rd feed tube and an enourmous c02 thing on back
i was just wondering what happened to this and if anyone has any pics
i remember it bieng pretty sweet looking with the minigun and black netting on the sides.... now its gone from their site.....then again i havent checked around for it for about 2 years

68magOwner
12-27-2005, 09:48 PM
it was called the hell hound, or something similar i believe. ANd last i heard, the guns on it worked, but, they could never get the barrels to spin right, so, they were just stationary

The Action Figure
12-27-2005, 09:56 PM
http://www.pukindogspaintball.com/scenario/con003.jpg

Cow hunter
12-27-2005, 10:22 PM
why disnt the barrels spin? it was a minigun powered by a power drill.....

68magOwner
12-27-2005, 10:24 PM
why disnt the barrels spin? it was a minigun powered by a power drill.....
they did spin, however, they could never get the timing right for the marker to fire as the barrel lined up (it was 1 marker, 5 barrels) so, they just resorted to not spinning the barrels when actually in use

pachytriton
12-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Ya the minigun looked cool but what a useless design. It's not like they need to worry about the barrels overheating.
http://www.paintballtourneypics.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/HellHound.jpg

SpitFire1299
12-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Ya the minigun looked cool but what a useless design. It's not like they need to worry about the barrels overheating.
Its a scenario thing i guess. :D

Dark Side
12-27-2005, 11:51 PM
would be an easy fix to get it to work. Could use a timing gear like the german planes in WW1 to fire their machine guns through the prop. Just have the breech stationary so the bolt action location never changes, tune some eyes to work with the barrels rotaion speed and you're good.

Cow hunter
12-27-2005, 11:54 PM
would be an easy fix to get it to work. Could use a timing gear like the german planes in WW1 to fire their machine guns through the prop. Just have the breech stationary so the bolt action location never changes, tune some eyes to work with the barrels rotaion speed and you're good.
thats a great idea..... patent it and sell it to tippmann

Dark Side
12-27-2005, 11:57 PM
the problem is, that everything I patent the Air Force then owns as their own intellectual property. Have a few designs sitting around because of the same problem.