PDA

View Full Version : actual force to trip the sear

benzy2
12-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Ok so I have seen what everyone says the weight of the trigger pulls are for the different valves. My question is what does it take to move the sear, at the sear. The trigger is a bit of a lever and because of this I was wondering what it actually took to trip the sear. I was looking at doing an esp framed gun and was hoping I could find what amount of force I need to run. I have an older rt that wont take ults and because of that if there was a cheap noid I could use to replace needing the ult I would do that.

SpitFire1299
12-28-2005, 08:36 PM
I think its 15oz for a ult. :)

benzy2
12-28-2005, 08:50 PM
but is that depending on the pivot of the trigger or is that number measured at the sear?

SpitFire1299
12-28-2005, 09:01 PM
but is that depending on the pivot of the trigger or is that number measured at the sear?
The trigger.. the sear has to be heavier. :(

benzy2
12-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Thats what Im afraid of. Solenoid city has some clapper solenoids that look about the same size wise as the stock one but they seem to have any where from 6-12 pounds of force, depending on the wattage sent to them. I dont know how much of a difference this is from stock but it would seem like it should, and thats a huge should, run even the heaviest of mag pulls. I just dont know how much of a difference the weight of the pull changes at the sear itself.

ThePixelGuru
12-28-2005, 10:21 PM
I think a stock trigger pull is 3lbs, and a ULT is 15oz. Those are measured at the top of the trigger, so that should be the actual force on the trigger rod, and that should be the same as the force on the sear. That answer it, or am I totally wrong/missing the point?

benzy2
12-28-2005, 10:46 PM
That would answer it, as long as what you say is correct. I wasnt sure how they measuer pull and where it was measured at. My next question would be then why do we need a ult at all for this to work? As far as I can tell solenoidcity.com has the same noid as in a stock esp frame and it pushes much more than the 3 pound pull.

SpitFire1299
12-28-2005, 10:53 PM
That would answer it, as long as what you say is correct. I wasnt sure how they measuer pull and where it was measured at. My next question would be then why do we need a ult at all for this to work? As far as I can tell solenoidcity.com has the same noid as in a stock esp frame and it pushes much more than the 3 pound pull.
Thats a good idea.. but could it run on 9volts? Can you link me to the solenoid they use? i need a new one for my esp already.

Also.. i think you should get ult anyway because it would use less battery power.

benzy2
12-28-2005, 11:08 PM
I dont think the stock boards output 9volts to the noid. Im not sure what they do run but the noids seems to run on a range fine and should be able to handle the voltage. The site was http://solenoidcity.com/electromagnet/electromagnetcatalog.htm I remember a while ago someone on pbn (I believe it was either a mod or someone who was developing a board) stated that solenoid city carried the replacement noid. Its either the .75 inch one or the .82 inch diameter one. I still am not sure which and just took the ratings from the weeker one. If I had a noid in front of me I could tell you specifically which one it was.

athomas
12-29-2005, 12:03 AM
The AIR valve takes ~8lbs of force to pull the sear at the trigger pin. The retro valve takes ~4 lbs. This value is accurate while the input pressure is ~850psi and using a stock level 7 bolt. I never measured at a different pressure or with a level 10 bolt.

benzy2
12-29-2005, 01:33 AM
thank you very much. I measuered my noid in my spyder frame and it came out to be 1 inch in diameter and was around that of the .66 inch noid. If I use one of their noids that puts me right around 15-20 pounds of force. That should be more than enough to work a rt valve.