PDA

View Full Version : Reball:

Pha|anx
12-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Recently I have been practicing at a new Reball facility that opened in my area. The facility itself is rather nice, having a NPPL field, PSP field, 1st/2nd floor obeservation decks, excellent lighting, and none of the usual filth of indoor paintball. Overall it has been great to be able to practice without having to worry about going through case after case of paint.

The one big problem I have with Reballs would be jamming, specifically in my Halo. Maybe a new drivecone or longer breach spring would help? Apparently most everyone has the same problem-- Halos acting like Christmas trees. Any ideas?

Just curious to get other peoples input on reball.

onedude36
12-29-2005, 02:31 PM
revy.

Pha|anx
12-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Granted Revys and Evos do work more consistantly with Reballs but they still jam.

Carbon
12-29-2005, 02:52 PM
thats a downside to reballs i suppose.

68magOwner
12-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Granted Revys and Evos do work more consistantly with Reballs but they still jam.

how in the world can you jam a revvy?

behemoth
12-29-2005, 04:07 PM
how in the world can you jam a revvy?

LOL!

Lohman446
12-29-2005, 04:15 PM
I know this about reballs.. we had a party at my house one night and somehow a pod of those appeared. Them hurt at close range, especially without turning down velocities...

Lord_Whoopass
12-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah when I reball I have problems with my halo... but actually the best hopper for reball is the Reloader B... It didnt get jammed nearly as much as my halo... And the few revvys that I have seen shoot it have had worse problems than the halo's... the balls seem to get stuck under the impellers quite often...

Lohman - they really hurt when your doing a run through and get a string to the nuts at close range... lol I doubled over the snake...

Pha|anx
12-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah when I reball I have problems with my halo... but actually the best hopper for reball is the Reloader B... It didnt get jammed nearly as much as my halo...Do Reloaders have a better anti-jam code? It has to be the code because the internals are identical. (Correct me if I am wrong. I probably am. :D )

As to FPS, we have been playing at 240 on a full size NPPLS7 field. :rolleyes: Thing do get interesting.

OmniM
12-30-2005, 12:47 AM
Halo: take out the anti-jam spring and you can also spray some silicon-spray in thre to reduce the friction.
But the best is to switch to Reloader B, the eyes on a Halo gets very dirty quickly if they dont clean the reballs well.

Pha|anx
01-06-2006, 11:13 AM
The reballs are clean and I checked my eyes. Since I removed the anti-jam spring it seems to run with fewer jams. Next thing I am trying is removing one of the anti jam beeds.

Arstron
01-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Are the reballs a diffrent size then a normal paintball or is it the weight that is causing them to jam in hoppers?

cioeboy
01-06-2006, 05:10 PM
when i played reball i used a ricocet appache and i had no problems with jaming

AGDlover
01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
reballs have jamed my revy i've had it happen more than once where a paintball got under the empeller and stoped it spinning!

Troen
01-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Are the reballs a diffrent size then a normal paintball or is it the weight that is causing them to jam in hoppers?
same size, a bit lighter, but the strength of the ball, i assume it might kinda squish instead of holding shape and moving with the propeller

Cow hunter
01-06-2006, 06:41 PM
so wait, what are reballs?
and ive had a total covering of slime paint in the eye of my revy, but she kept on goin

cioeboy
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
so wait, what are reballs?
and ive had a total covering of slime paint in the eye of my revy, but she kept on goin
reballs are rubber paintballs
they are softer than regular paintballs so they jam hoppers easier

BD_Paintball
01-06-2006, 10:06 PM
if you have a halo stype loader then it will jam. im going to the place in IL with reball in a week and i hope my reloader does not jam, and if it does i have the rip drive. i also have an ANS drive cone so i will see if that helps.

Pha|anx
01-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Unfortunatly the Reloader will have the same problems. The only thing that differs is the method of activation, eyes or sound, not actual operation procedure. Ripping does nothing for jams, you have to physically unjam the balls stuck due to the spring or beads.

NukeGoose
01-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I've been practicing at a Reball field about 7 or 8 days since Christmas. My Reloader B (Shocktech drive cone) hasn't had a jam yet going through 20ish pods per day, but most of the people that I know with Halos seem to have almost constant jams. Maybe my heavier drivecone moves the reballs around a bit easier than the stock plastic cone?

BD_Paintball
01-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Unfortunatly the Reloader will have the same problems. The only thing that differs is the method of activation, eyes or sound, not actual operation procedure. Ripping does nothing for jams, you have to physically unjam the balls stuck due to the spring or beads.
you can use the rip drive to make the drive cone go backwards to unjam the reloaderB