PDA

View Full Version : ReTro Valve or RT Pro?

WickeDKlowN
12-11-2001, 04:13 PM
I know this question gets asked alot, but after christmas, i am planning to trick my gun out, and wanted to know the pros and cons of each. Thanx.

Xzion
12-11-2001, 04:27 PM
The ReTro Valve and the RT PRO valve are the exact same, the only difference is one says "ReTro Valve" and the other says "RT PRO" on the side, aside from that, theres no difference... so if you currently have a 'mag the ReTro Valve would turn your gun into an RT PRO in a 68AutomaG/MinimaG's body, the next question you would have to ask yourself is how much do you want to spend, do you want to spend the more money for an entire new gun (ie getting the RT PRO) or turning your current 'mag into an RT (getting the ReTro Valve) so, if you already have a 'Mag, id suggest the ReTro Valve, if your looking to upgrade a current non-AGD marker, and run compressed air, the RT PRO may be your better choice, its more of a matter of what you have and what your trying to accomplish. From the sounds if it, you do have a mag, so my votes with the ReTro Valve.

The only minor down side is with the ReTro Valve, as its designed for use with ALL minimags and 68automags, the tolerences are sometimes a little off and may require some fine tuning, where as the RT PRO will have everything fine tuned at the factory, but fine tuning the ReTro Valve isnt really a big deal.

mag59459
12-11-2001, 05:18 PM
what exactly do you fine tune on a retro valve?

FaSSt
12-11-2001, 05:41 PM
Go with the Retro Valve. All of the performance of the RT without the bulk and extra weight. (Unless you like the way it looks.)

You don't tune the Retro Valve itself, but the way the sear trips it. But any problems are a lot less common than some people would have you believe.

Xzion
12-11-2001, 05:51 PM
The only thing you may really need to adjust, is the power tube spacers, and on a rare occasion, you may have to call AGD and get some different length RT On/Off pins, though the fact that they dont even ship the pins with the kit shows you how often its needed that the pins need to be adjusted.

Paintchucker
12-11-2001, 07:43 PM
I have an old MM (SN#1596), which I have upgraded to a Retro and I also have an RT Pro (SN#172). I guess because I have had the minimag for 7-8 years, I am kinda partial to it, but they mostly shoot the same. I have very few breaks in either one (1-2 breaks per day of play, sometimes none), and get very good consitency out of both of them. I bought the RT Pro used, and I am putting a new parts kit in it this weekend, so it may be a hair better after that. :)

nutz
12-11-2001, 10:03 PM
yea besides looks i think they are the same