PDA

View Full Version : remember......

mr.mag218
12-29-2005, 06:19 PM
the ramrod??? it was a barrel that was open all around. it was like a bunch of prongs held together with circular connectors. you could stick your finger anywhere in the barrel. it didn't last very long, but im looking to buy one and wonder if anyone even remembers what these little buggers are.

Lohman446
12-29-2005, 06:22 PM
the ramrod??? it was a barrel that was open all around. it was like a bunch of prongs held together with circular connectors. you could stick your finger anywhere in the barrel. it didn't last very long, but im looking to buy one and wonder if anyone even remembers what these little buggers are.

I think Crossfire made them. I recall them, never caught on at all

VC8228
12-29-2005, 06:24 PM
I remember them but haven't seen them in a long time and have no idea where to look for one. Good luck findin' one.

punkncat
12-29-2005, 06:27 PM
I remember seeing an ad. Never saw one in person.

p8ntball72
12-29-2005, 07:00 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187631&highlight=ramrod :rolleyes:

http://www.paintballkingdom.com/Barrels.htm

Coralis
12-29-2005, 07:38 PM
The local field here has a couple in the display case, not sure of the price or what gun they fit.

NinjaoftheNight79
12-29-2005, 08:39 PM
It looks really nice, but couldn't you do it yourself with a metal barrel and a drill press? I would personally get a barrel with a nice bore and only cut out the front parts. It probably wouldn't look as neat though...

Chris_automag_07
12-30-2005, 12:00 AM
yeaha..i remember.."you can jam....the ramrod WON'T"

its awesome....oddly enough, never had a barrel "jam"

whistl3r
12-30-2005, 12:12 AM
i remember seeing a pic of one of those and being like WTF?!

haha it would take sooo much air to get a ball out of that barrel

ThePixelGuru
12-30-2005, 12:22 AM
Well, with all the crazy excessive porting these days, maybe these'll make a comeback. Heh.

hobbesTZ
12-30-2005, 01:21 AM
This guy did a review...

http://jchoefer.com/paintball/

paint magnet
12-30-2005, 07:37 PM
I remember seeing a review on Warpig...they shoved branches and stuff in the barrel and shot paint thorugh it to get a barrel break, then tried shooting through the barrel with the stuff removed. I don't recall anyone praising them for their accuracy or efficiency, but it was an interesting concept.

Rudz
12-30-2005, 08:50 PM
i remember seeing these way back when and i thought they looked cool, , does crossfire still sell them maybe ill pick one up, ant one else actually have one??

mr.mag218
12-30-2005, 11:56 PM
i don't want it for the "performance" it gives, but its a sweet looking barrel.

Cow hunter
01-02-2006, 11:36 PM
yeaha..i remember.."you can jam....the ramrod WON'T"

its awesome....oddly enough, never had a barrel "jam"

obviously you've never seen a low end gun shoot more than a hopper full, you are bound to get jams, and snce its not youre gun you tell them to stick a stick down there to get it out....... they get scratches....w/e
but it does happen quite offten with spyders

The local field here has a couple in the display case, not sure of the price or what gun they fit.
you,
website/phone number to me.......

paint magnet
01-03-2006, 12:56 AM
obviously you've never seen a low end gun shoot more than a hopper full, you are bound to get jams, and snce its not youre gun you tell them to stick a stick down there to get it out....... they get scratches....w/e

That's usually preventable through the use of the .721 bore stock barrels, which also come in handy if you want to shoot those swollen golf-ball sized rounds that have been lying in a puddle for three weeks.

And yet people still wonder why their gun won't shoot straight :rolleyes:

Pacifist_Farmer
01-03-2006, 03:35 PM
mmm those were kinda funny looking, wish I had bought one

Someone was making acrylic barrels around the same time if I remember correctly

skife
01-03-2006, 07:34 PM

you,
website/phone number to me.......

i've shot alot of paint through a piranha with a stock barrel and a revvy, but i've never gotten much barrel jams.

Cow hunter
01-03-2006, 08:17 PM
i've shot alot of paint through a piranha with a stock barrel and a revvy, but i've never gotten much barrel jams.
in my expireence the piranah EXP? i dont really know what model, but it would jam lots with anything but perfect paint, then spyders, oh the spyders........ jam worse than any ive seen..... then the bolt hits me in the face all the time.......

Pacifist_Farmer
01-03-2006, 08:39 PM
I've got a Shutter that has seen more paint than most of my mags, that never jams

If it jams so much and the bolt is hitting you in the face, perhaps you need to avoid blowbacks, it doesnt sound like you get along with them, or ask someone how to use them right

paint magnet
01-04-2006, 08:44 PM
mmm those were kinda funny looking, wish I had bought one

Someone was making acrylic barrels around the same time if I remember correctly

System X was making all sorts of crap out of acrylic at the time...triggers, Angel breeches, barrel fronts, volumizers, you name it. The funny thing is though, while everyone laughed at them at the time, they would probably sell like crazy now.