PDA

View Full Version : Finnicky Mag

ttink
12-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Hey, i got a ULE Classic mag(with ANS Phase 2 Reg), single trigger frame, SS line, Level 10, 14 inch progressive barrel, and is running HPA from a centerflag tank with about 3000 psi left in it. Now, my problem is, i air it up, and it works fine. for a few shots. Maybe 10 max. then, i can pull the trigger, here the sear click, but nothing happens. sometimes it starts leaking from the back of the reg/valve out of the little hole back there. But it is a minor leak. Now, After it will not fire, i unscrew the tank, and then put it back on. I get the same results. Can someone tell me wut is happening and how i can fix it?

Coralis
12-30-2005, 12:00 PM
sounds like your level 10 carrier might be too tight , though you could try putting a couple drops down the power tube and see if that helps.

ttink
01-07-2006, 01:20 PM
ok, this is kind of an old problem, but i have tryed every carrier, and they all either leak, or dont allow the bolt to go all the way forward. I will try them all again with a different o ring in them. Will this help? and what about the shims?

rb211
01-08-2006, 11:36 AM
When this happens, try unscrewing your tank 1/4 turn (or if you have an on/off asa, unscrew it 1/4 turn) and see if that helps. Some tanks are finnicky like that if the pin valve is pushed in too far (mine did the same thing). What velocity are you shooting? if the reg. vents below 300, you need a new reg piston. Try throwing it some oil, mags love it!

athomas
01-09-2006, 12:33 PM
When tuning the level 10, remove all the shims. Using shims can sometime cause you to use a carrier that is too tight to shut down a leak caused by the bolt vent hole being too close to the carrier oring.

The bolt should slide freely on the carrier and oring that you use. If it doesn't slide freely, then it is too tight. Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Once you find the correct carrier, try your setup. Start with a low velocity setting. The gun shouldn't fire. Turn up the velocity until the gun fires. Measure the velocity. The velocity where the gun starts to operate should be around 20fps below where you want it to operate. If the starting velocity is more than 20 fps below where you want to shoot, use the next longer bolt spring. If the starting velocity is less than 20 fps below your desired velocity setting, use the next shorter bolt spring. This should get your gun shooting consistently.

Once everything works, then you can add carrier shims, but it is not necessary in most cases. Carrier shims are only needed if you have a problem with the gun hitting an object in the breach and not resetting. Usually the bolt will move far enough no matter what it hits, to be able to vent its excess air and reset.

Cow hunter
01-09-2006, 05:20 PM
had this problem....... when nothing happens pull the trigger then get a rubber mallat and hit the back, it should fire...... do this till it stops... well that doenst really do anything but for me it seemed to go away after awhile and its fun do to, almost pump-ish