PDA

View Full Version : Project for class

PRO_Ski101
12-11-2001, 05:21 PM
HEY,me and my friends are doing a project for our school,and our teacher said it wold be find to do it for paintball.We were going to call but we couldn't find your number.AND i'm the only one with the internet SO that means i'm asking.We have been trying to get a good answer for many years.Which gun the Automag or the Autococker has better accuracy,consistency,and range.the only problem is we dont have the guns to try it out,SO my frined wanted me to ask AGD if ya'll could send us a sample automag or one of your guns.If u dont want to thats fine,we can figure something out.We figured it couldn't hurt to ask.thank you for your consideratin.

Jonneh
12-11-2001, 05:58 PM
Bwahahahah, nice try

No single paintball gun will outrange another, the only things that will affect range is a higher velocity (illegal over 300 at most sites) or something that applies backspin to the paintball, such as Tippmanns Flatline barrel, or the Z body.

Accuracy has very little to do with the gun iteslf, accuracy is defined by your paint diameter to barrel match although it is arguable that guns like the Matrix, Impulse and Shocker which use lower pressures are a little more gentle on the paintball.

I would say that the cocker is the more consistent of the two as it has lots more technical gubbinry and moving parts and the like. Tee hee

I want a cocker! /me hides

X-Plosive
12-11-2001, 06:07 PM
good luck

if this project is a stock autocker vs. a stock automag

I think the mag will most likely do better, accuracy is dependent on consistency. The stock automag can be pretty consistent, I hear the stock WGP regulator is horrible. I wouldn't know firsthand though. The range is going to be the exact same between the two.

ArthurDent
12-11-2001, 06:11 PM
Lol project right, lol nice try

I get that distance has to do with speed out of barrel and all and i dont see a difference between cockers and mags and such for distance, but i know my old syper gets out shot every time i play with it....i crono and i am at 280-285 and i get out there and i have to call a guy over with a cocker to hit the guy standing out in the field out of my range.

PRO_Ski101
12-11-2001, 06:21 PM
hey thanks for the responses,maybe my local feild will let me test one to check out the actual facts of what happens.BUT seriously,we do have to do something like this,i aint lying.

X-Plosive
I'm not even going to get involved with that one

nutz
pro ski my friend did this same thing with baseball bats. what u really need to do is write a letter adressed to AGD and ask in the letter. since these are 300 dollar guns i doubt agd will give them to u buy maybe they could loan u them, suggest that in the letter too. but other wise a letter is the best way to do this. not a forum

PRO_Ski101
12-11-2001, 08:58 PM
Alright,thanks for that.We'll do it.

Paintchucker
12-11-2001, 09:11 PM
I was raised in Colonial Heights, just a little north of Johnson City. My father now lives in Kingsport. I have been pondering bringing my paintball gun/guns home for XMAS. Where is a place to play there?

You could approach your project from another angle. Try and Prove the theory that there really is no difference between guns. Then what you would really need is a couple different guns that all have the same barrel, shooting the same paint, at the same velocity.

It might be easier to get someone to give you (ot let you borrow) two barrels for the test than two guns. Heck, I bet if you asked right, the local field might give you a couple free or at a reduced rate, especially if you publish your findings in APG or one of the other pb mags, as I am sure you would mention him fondly in the article/class project.