PDA

View Full Version : AGD really did make an 8 hole mod

Puddleglum
12-11-2001, 05:50 PM
It is the PMI Perfect Charger. I'm looking at one right now. Let me see if I can get a pic. It says:
Perfect
CHARGER
manufactured by Airgun Designs
for PMI Pursuit Marketing Inc.

So I guess this in one aftermarket part that might work well. Since its manufactured by AGD. Does anyone have any idea of the MSRP?

Xzion
12-11-2001, 05:57 PM
The 8 hole mods do nothing, espcially for current valves, the idea behind the 8 hole mod was with the older valves, the holes in the regulator and the power tube portions of the valve didnt always line up and caused some restricted air flow, the 8 hole mod was done to ensure at least ONE of the 8 holes lined up, but now, theyve fixed that problem, and the holes now always line up, leaving 8 hole mods a waste of time and money.

BlackVCG
12-11-2001, 06:05 PM
AGD has them machined for PMI so at least they're built to spec. It still doesn't do a damn thing for the gun, but at least when they get the gun sent in for repairs, they know that even though it has an 8-hole mod, it isn't something that can be causing a problem since it was built to their specs.

People generally don't listen and will continue to buy 8 hole mods, so AGD has them machined for PMI so at least there's less crap aftermarket parts out on the market. Especially when it comes to reg. bodies. Most people lose the original reg. body so all they have is that aftermarket 8 hole mod. When AGD finds out it's a problem with an improperly machined 8 hole reg. body, they can't do much about it. At least there's one out on the market that AGD doesn't have to worry about if the gun comes in for repairs and has one.

Doobie
12-11-2001, 06:06 PM
So, this would be a good part for someone with an older mag, right? I think all the mags after #30000 ,or close to that, line up. Anyone know the right Ser#?

Tunaman
12-11-2001, 06:43 PM
I think you have to go alot lower than that...I say 8000 and down. Maybe lower...like 3000. Probably talking level 6 here.

Cha0tic
12-11-2001, 06:46 PM
all automags past serial number cf3456 are level 7, and all minimags are level 7. this is taken straight from the handbook. this means that they do not need an 8 hole mod.

Doobie
12-11-2001, 07:15 PM
oops, extra zero, thanks guys!:D

Puddleglum
12-11-2001, 07:19 PM
Man, I was hoping to have something good. But I do know that the 8 hole does nothing.