PDA

View Full Version : Quick Noob question

AnyTym
01-01-2006, 04:37 PM
First off I would like to say hey to everyone (this is my first post/thread) and HAPPY NEW YEARS :headbang:

I just bought a used 68 mag from someone, and haven't gotten much of a chance to use it. I used to have a spyder compact back in high school. I noticed when I removing the tank from the mag that a lot of air seemed to be lost. I remember it being the same with the sypder but not nearly as much. Is there anything to do about that, or is there a specific way to take the tank off? (I'm using co2 right now) Oh i did search to no avail for the answer. (I'm on other forums so I know better than that) :p

etjoyride
01-01-2006, 05:21 PM
There shouldn't be to much air released when you take the tank off. It could be that you runscrewing it to fast, or it might just sound like a lot, but it's not actually. don't know if that was much help, maybe someone else can help a bit more.

FinchMan
01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
about all i do, is i make sure the breach is empty and a barrelsock is on, and then as i unscrew the tank i dry fire to relieve the pressure left when the tank is unscrewwing. It helps preserve my orings.

where i play, they don't mind dryfireing in the staging area as long as you point it in a safe direction and have a barrel sock on (barrel plugs may still pop out) and you have a purpose to be dryfiring (removing a tank, testing/tuning a gun, etc...)

jaybird2
01-01-2006, 06:17 PM
yes do a slight turn till the tank wont feed any more air to the gun (not to much where it leaks out)then fire the gun till it wont fire anymore, then just uscrew it the rest of the way . it wont leak after you have cleared all the pressure by fireing.

not only is it better for the orings you dont waste much co2 that way

there are tanks that have a shut off valve that you just shut off and unscrew so that doesnt happen

captian pinky
01-01-2006, 06:29 PM
dude smartparts on/off valve for co2 tanks turns the tank off and shoot the restof the air in the lines out and no more problems if not check out a on/off with a bleed port thingwhen turned off it will bleed the air in the lines itself

AnyTym
01-01-2006, 06:36 PM
thanks guys, I think I'll play around with it a little and see what works. I was unscrewing it fast (thinking that I needed to in order to take pressure off the pin so it wouldn't leak)

one other qucik thing.. is there a way to know what year your gun is?

AnyTym
01-01-2006, 06:51 PM
being someone with common sense deep down I was thinking about my theory of unscrewing the tank fast in order to let the pin be released quickly ....

if that was the case it would leak while screwing the tank on also. I think i now realize also why it seems to have more air than the spyder. My mags got the gas through grip (or whatever you call it) and all the lines that go with it. My compact just had the tank connect vertically to it.

thanks for helping me come to my conclusion :rofl: