PDA

View Full Version : Your Mag Loves/Hates _____ brand of paint.

Resurection
01-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Like the title says, please post which brand (shell, fill, etc) that your mag just loves and which it hates...

I know that mags have notoriously hated real brittle paint in the past. Has LVL10 changed that? Since I am getting back into playing now, and there are about 100 more paint brands out there than I am used to - I am hoping for some insight.

Lohman446
01-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Like the title says, please post which brand (shell, fill, etc) that your mag just loves and which it hates...

I know that mags have notoriously hated real brittle paint in the past. Has LVL10 changed that? Since I am getting back into playing now, and there are about 100 more paint brands out there than I am used to - I am hoping for some insight.

Someone will probably hunt down the picture from IAO, but let me say this. Never, under an circumstance, try to shoot Hellfire through a mag. This mag has break beam eyes, and this was done under a light rate of fire. Basically every other, or more, of the balls I tried to fire exploded in the breach. After shooting less than a hopperful, there was a liquid line in my Reloader.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2007_rs.JPG

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2008_rs.JPG

pachytriton
01-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Mags do fine with any kind of paint, the level 10 really works wonders if you tune it right. It just depends on the bore of your paint/barrel match. As much as I dislike pbnation this (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=916326) is useful. It's a big list of every paint and barrel size. That being said I really like diablo formula 13, it's quality and it's cheap.

pachytriton
01-01-2006, 10:07 PM
That's really weird, I've never shot hellfire.

ramennoodles
01-01-2006, 10:11 PM
That's really weird, I've never shot hellfire.
And from the looks of it, I don't think I want to.

-Isaac.

magman007
01-01-2006, 10:14 PM
eh, you gotta realize, paint at iao, was crap. i took bounces off my mask from blaze, yet hellfire was breaking by the slightest drop. it was rediculous.

Lohman446
01-01-2006, 10:17 PM
eh, you gotta realize, paint at iao, was crap. i took bounces off my mask from blaze, yet hellfire was breaking by the slightest drop. it was rediculous.

I was throwing Blaze over the power lines with some friends who were there, and it was bouncing off the pavement on the other side. I took a bounce from a super bunker move off my forehead, though the other one broke. Those using Blaze or Hellfire were forced into an entirely different game. Paint storage left something to be desired, so that may be part of it.

/I love OGD
//Just not so much that I did not notice the problems either.
///Can't wait to play again this year, might need to buy a mag, or going to be stuck having magman as a captain on Matrix... acks no, I'll spend the money

AGDlover
01-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Lol i agree with Lohman BAHHH HELLFIRE!!! I've gotten good results with Diablo Heat and Xball
Oh and lohman if ya want I could maybe try and dibby up my friends devil mag and we'll install the lvl10 on it for ya ha...or since I'm getting a vert feed and if we can use angels for the team AO team I'll bust out my angel and you can rock my mag.

Resurection
01-01-2006, 11:47 PM
///Can't wait to play again this year, might need to buy a mag, or going to be stuck having magman as a captain on Matrix... acks no, I'll spend the money

I am hoping to make it this year, and you can always use the classic rt for that old school feel. :)

onedude36
01-01-2006, 11:53 PM
where does the OGD take place? something is telling me S. Carolina or something east coast. I want to play an OGD event.

I shoot bonus ball alot. cheap and works decently. havent had too many problems. Inferno one the other hand, does not keep very well, i ended up throwing away over a bag's worth because i couldnt shoot it.

angelpena
01-02-2006, 12:08 AM
I usually shoot the cheap stuff when I play semi, and If I'm worried about brittle paint I just go woth a slighly larger bore barrel and my mag doesn't seem to have any problems.

REDRT
01-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Severe "hurricain" paintballs. level 10, eyes, lvl10/w eyes were all in effective with with that crap. I like xball gold/silver. Bronze I sometimes have more than one or two. Nelson paint has been good to me. I just stay away from the Severe line of paint and have pretty good luck.

magman007
01-02-2006, 02:40 AM
I was throwing Blaze over the power lines with some friends who were there, and it was bouncing off the pavement on the other side. I took a bounce from a super bunker move off my forehead, though the other one broke. Those using Blaze or Hellfire were forced into an entirely different game. Paint storage left something to be desired, so that may be part of it.

/I love OGD
//Just not so much that I did not notice the problems either.

could that have been that bunker move i made on you? i recall puting 3 or 4 into you, and not being sure one actually broke... damn sidelines being so close

AutomagRT1483
01-02-2006, 02:57 AM
My mags love pretty much anything. But they have the best results with Blaze and Formula 13.

master_alexander
01-02-2006, 03:03 AM
my mag likes it hard. meaning, the hard paint. draxxus inferno, or nelson hotspot.

it is pretty good with all paint though :D

ThePixelGuru
01-02-2006, 04:21 AM
I tend to shoot XBall paint through my Minimag with a 12" J&J ceramic barrel. Bronze for recball, Gold when it matters. I don't really shoot the Silver, not enough of an advantage over the Bronze to justify paying more, and if I want good paint I just go for the Gold anyway.

Lohman446
01-02-2006, 07:04 AM
could that have been that bunker move i made on you? i recall puting 3 or 4 into you, and not being sure one actually broke... damn sidelines being so close

It was either you or the one Shockers OG made. It was yours, I called myself, and then realized that the ones I figured broke didn't...

Scott Hudnall
01-02-2006, 09:07 AM
This past summer I had excellent results with Xball and with Nelson paint. The Xball was great and, believe it or not, case after case of Nelsplat and Nelson Hotspot were great also.

I shot some 32 degrees a few weeks back.....yuck.....not only would it break in my mag but also in my buddie's NME. The shell was horrible, nothing flew straight when it shot, and don't even try the bouce test. I ended up swiching to Xball bronze after a few games and had no breaks the rest of the day.

cioeboy
01-02-2006, 12:47 PM
my mag loves stinger but it dislikes RPS premium

Pacifist_Farmer
01-02-2006, 01:34 PM
For years I shot nothing but RPS premium, then recently I had several cases of warped shells, try firing those through a twistlock barrel...

I reverted back to Marbs...I don't shoot alot, and I usually have paint which sits around the house for months, I have never seen a marbalizer that was anythingbut spherical

knsmicromag
01-02-2006, 02:08 PM
I have been playing with my mag for about 7 years. Before i got my lvl 10, the only paint i could shoot without massive breaks was marbalizer. After lvl 10 i havnt had a break ever. While at a big game at low country paintball in GA. I was able to shoot the dreaded white box stuff??? No breaks after two casses :shooting: . Pre lvl ten forget it. I played at Skirmish a few years back and had to use 32 deg. Team colors, terrible! :nono: But I didnt have the lvl10 yet either. IMOP Marbalizer is an awsome paint for the mag, if your pockets are deep enough. :headbang:

Lee
01-02-2006, 04:22 PM
my mags shoot anything i ahve put through them. usually very cheap stuff....i'm not a label whore when it comes to paint.

wanna-b-ballin'
01-02-2006, 06:49 PM
my mag doesn't like large paint that nobody has heard of. such as firefox or riotball. my other guns do just fine with it, but then after a week or two, the paint is unusable.

i prefer to stick to popular paints like x-ball, draxxus, PMI, that sort of stuff.

GT
01-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Only time i ever had paint problems on a mag was when it was real cold and on LVL 7.

paint magnet
01-03-2006, 12:51 AM
I hate all Draxxus paint. And, come to think of it, every other product National makes (with the exception of the Autoresponse frame, even though I had pin break inside it).

I have never had good results with any brand of Draxxus paint, be it Hellfire, Inferno, Blaze, recball seconds, whatever. All brands were extremely small bore and usually had broken balls in the bag (the other paint brands purchased at the same location did not).

I'm not sure if you can really count this as a complaint or not, but even compared to other brands of broken paint it's still worse. I bought a bag of Inferno from the retarded field owner which contained a break (which he said was "oil in the bag") and not one of those balls made it out of my barrel. I tried it in three different bored barrels on my Angel LED (with the velocity near 260, no less), and couldn't even get an intact ball out of the barrel of my Nova! I tried dropping it on a piece of concrete, and every ball I dropped broke, with no bounces. I tried from three feet, two, and then finally from a height of about ten inches...still broke every time, and didn't even bounce. If I was using a hi-rise feedneck, it probably would have shattered falling into the breech. At least other bags of paint are still somewhat usable, if for nothing other than shooting bunkers.

I also didn't like their little ad (in PB2X?) a while ago where the guy said that he could "shoot another brand of paint...I could also play with a pump gun, but I like to win."

That, and the marketing hype, ruining of respectable companies (Bob Long comes to mind).

I've always liked R.P. Scherer and have had good results with it in all my guns.

Recon by Fire
01-03-2006, 05:59 AM
My worse paint experience was with with my Xmag shooting of all things, Zap Rec! I know, I deserved it :( It mostly broke in the warp but did make it into the mag breach a few times and made an awful mess.

Darn Milk Duds!

athomas
01-03-2006, 09:11 AM
I had a problem with ZAP rec as well. It didn't chop, but the balls all busted as they went down the barrel. It was just spray out the end of the barrel. It wasn't all like that. I went through 2 cases and all was well. Then a friend lent me a couple of pods from a different batch and things went downhill fast.

Other than that, I haven't had any problems with any kinds of paint in my emag.

GordDesigns
01-03-2006, 11:51 AM
My worse paint experience was with with my Xmag shooting of all things, Zap Rec! I know, I deserved it :( It mostly broke in the warp but did make it into the mag breach a few times and made an awful mess.

Darn Milk Duds!

Your not alone, I to shot Zap rec thru my Xmag and warp. With the exact same result. :mad:
Also had the same paint turn inside out in the barrel. Not the breech but 6" down the barrel.
This is the paint that killed my first Evil Pipe, broken balls running into each other at the tip. Buldged the barrel and cracked it between the porting.
But on the other hand, I have had no issues with any Draxus products. X ball/ Hellfire / Blaze or Arctic Blaze.

mandatory
01-03-2006, 07:00 PM
my mag when i had it loved marbs....i definatly will stay away from hellfire when and if i get my devilmag back. I also shot wpn elixer and Alls star fine too. The elixer didnt work very well in my timmy, but i think it was a bad case.

The Action Figure
01-03-2006, 07:14 PM
proball/powerball if its still around