PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Circle Reference in Hitchhiker's Guide?

Miscue
01-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I was watching Hitchhiker's Guide... with the director's audio commentary. They were talking about how they were getting shot at by plastic paintball "bullets" that spark. I'd imagine that they were referring to Perfect Circle balls.

Vex
01-03-2006, 12:50 AM
You actually turn on the director's commentary? I didn't think anyone did that...

OneEyedPimp
01-03-2006, 01:25 AM
You actually turn on the director's commentary? I didn't think anyone did that...

I did, only three times though. It was for each of my RvB DVDs, great stuff.

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-03-2006, 02:15 AM
In the Making Of The Devil's Rejects, they showed them making some scenes where bullets had to spray up sparks... they were using what looked like an Automag RT and another paintball gun shooting paintballs with something in them that sparked on contact.

Muzikman
01-03-2006, 08:35 AM
I wouldn't doubt it.

Cow hunter
01-03-2006, 09:00 AM
I did, only three times though. It was for each of my RvB DVDs, great stuff.
:eek: ONLY THREE??
/really great stuff in there

Perfect Circle balls.
what are those?

Dayspring
01-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Tom's other company.

rx2
01-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Actually, they have been using those since the late 80s, at the least. Most SFX guys have shell halves that they fill with the mixture, and then seal themselves. They work sort of like those paper snappers that kids play with on the fourth of july. Anyhow, I don't know if Tom actually made those types of rounds for SFX, but I imagine that they would be a pain to ship, which is why most guys I have seen usually just make their own.

Muzikman
01-03-2006, 01:36 PM
PC does infact make spark balls for the movie industry.

paint magnet
01-03-2006, 02:43 PM
I remember seeing something like this on that reality TV show "Stuntman" (or something like that) a few years ago...they used an Automag to shoot balls that sparked/kicked up dust to simulate targets getting hit by live rounds.

Will Wood
01-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Heh I'm listening to APC now so I was like "huh?!"

But yea, I can't actually recall specific examples, but I know of at least a couple movies that have had the "in the making" things that used these paintballs.