PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

mjs1217
01-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Well, I haven't been here in years. In fact, im pretty surprised I even remembered my password. When I left the great sport of paintball, Automags were still being sold in stores (but "on the way out" allegedly), everybody and their mother was getting an electric gun, and the last legal field within an hour of me had just closed down.

Now I'm back with my "old-style" (2003 or so) Spyder Imagine with the 12v revvy, and my 12oz Co2 tank. My brother convinced me to pick it back up and help him get a team together. For now we're going to play on the outlaw field around here, I guess.

So who wants to fill me in on whats going on in paintball? I know I'm going to sound like I was in a coma for about 2 or 3 years, but...is Dynasty still the king of the NPPL? Is X-ball still big? Does everyone still hate Smart Parts? Whats the flavor of the month nowadays, gun and brand wise? And most importantly, is that stupid "Agg" craze still going on?

68magOwner
01-03-2006, 03:00 PM
is Dynasty still the king of the NPPL? Is X-ball still big? Does everyone still hate Smart Parts? Whats the flavor of the month nowadays, gun and brand wise? And most importantly, is that stupid "Agg" craze still going on?

welcome back
#1- mmm, yes and no, Dynasty is still doing well, and won world cup, but, have had several losses to XSV throught the season
#2- Yes, Xball is the preferred format of most tournament players
#3- Yeah, still alot of SP hate, although, its died down, i still dislike them because, well, i dont like their products, the lawsuit stuff is just something else to dislike them for
#4- Right now, DM6's and ego's are hot, as well as the 06 timmys
#5- Yes, the kiddies are still repping HK and trying to looke their coolest, i dont really mind this, but, whatever.

mjs1217
01-03-2006, 03:35 PM
#5- Yes, the kiddies are still repping HK and trying to looke their coolest, i dont really mind this, but, whatever.

Oy vey, haha.

How about the public opinion of paintball? Is it getting any better / friendlier, or are we all still wannabe-marines running around with M16-lookalikes in the woods? (Sorry to all the Scenario players around here, that wasn't aimed at you :p).

Army
01-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Your last post was in December '04, not "years". I'm pretty sure you are still up on AGD, AO, and the paintball scene.

ThePixelGuru
01-03-2006, 06:45 PM
The worst thing about these topics is that the people who post them, since they haven't been reading the forums, have no idea how many of these we've seen. Mmm, irony.

mjs1217
01-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Heh, well that's all you had to say. And sorry if I embellished upon my absence a little, but I haven't played since 2003. I even bought my Spyder after I'd already stopped playing without knowing that the field here was going to close.

Either way, Ill let this thread slide silently into oblivion (everywhere past the first few pages) now.