PDA

View Full Version : psycho ballistics

mastershake44
01-03-2006, 03:54 PM
ok, well my father bought me a VL triad for christmas. But, after going out and playing with it (anti-siphon) it wasnt very good.... it wasnt very reliable, the tank would come out ( partially, enough to degass) and the thing couldnt shoot 100 without chopping. I deicded i would not put money and fix thses problems. I am looking at buying a psychoballistics cocker, either the superbolt, or the lightning. I like the lightning, but, i dont like minicockers ( i read they are). Is it a mini?

master_alexander
01-03-2006, 04:06 PM
i like the frames on them alot. my friend had one and always had trouble with velocity. might have been the reg he ahd though.

i would request a mag though.

level10-no chops
relibale
good drop/asa so you dont have the tank problem
upgradable whenever you want- there is this whole forumn of mag owners.

but if you do get a psychoballistics cocker id get the superbolt.

mastershake44
01-03-2006, 04:10 PM
well, sorry, i would get a mag ( I LOVE those things) but my parents wont lemme buy off online forums. and the only person i know with one, a guy at the shop where i get my tank filled, said he wont sell it because it is almost 10 years old, and even if i would pay 80+ he still wouldnt because "memories" are in the gun

Head knight of Ni
01-03-2006, 04:25 PM
I'd stay away from anything Psychoballistics.

FinchMan
01-03-2006, 04:28 PM
well, sorry, i would get a mag ( I LOVE those things) but my parents wont lemme buy off online forums. and the only person i know with one, a guy at the shop where i get my tank filled, said he wont sell it because it is almost 10 years old, and even if i would pay 80+ he still wouldnt because "memories" are in the gun

get the guy at the shop to buy one off the forums for ya? :cool:

mastershake44
01-03-2006, 04:45 PM
naw, ym parents saw me on AO (in BST) and they said "forums are for adults" and told me im not allowed to go on

Arstron
01-03-2006, 04:46 PM
I'd stay away from anything Psychoballistics.

I must agree. If you want a good cheap gun, look into the ar-1 or the diablow wrath. I am not sure what the exact diffrences are other then colors, grips and feedneck, but both should be pretty good beginer guns.

ar-1
http://www.800paintball.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1691777/vpcsid/0/SFV/30363

wrath
http://www.800paintball.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1562121/vpcsid/0/SFV/30363

mag88888
01-03-2006, 04:54 PM
naw, ym parents saw me on AO (in BST) and they said "forums are for adults" and told me im not allowed to go on

once you get older it'll all clear up, i hope. if your only like 12-13 its normal.

mastershake44
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
yeah, i am one of those ages (12-13)

snake_eater
01-03-2006, 05:11 PM
How about regular guns? I'm sure would have tons of fun with a regular gun like a Tippmann or a Spyder. They are cheap and reliable. Some of them can shot really fast too.

http://www.kingman.com/section/semi_auto/guns/xtra_new.html

Phantom_Mag
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Ive shot every mag there is, and i personally owned a PB cocker superbolt, hell they were cheap. And after a bit of tuning it worked fine. Just gotta get it right for you. ANy mag of cource i would get over a superbolt, but the SB is NOT a bad choice for the price, that is if you know anythign about tuning a cocker.

Cow hunter
01-03-2006, 05:31 PM
diablos are pretty solid, i also would stay away from psycho ballistics, but for the money, in a mostly unbiased opinion id probably go with a mag over other similiar markers (cocker/tippmann) because for what you get, it really is a better deal, and somthing built so solid has slim to none chance of breaking down frequently

ThePixelGuru
01-03-2006, 06:11 PM
If you're getting a 'cocker, do yourself a favor and go with a _real_ WGP 'cocker.

warbeak2099
01-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Seeing as you aren't experience with cockers, I would stay away from the psychoballistics markers. They cause loads of problems even for people are are reasonably skilled with cockers. I second Arstron when I say go for the Wrath or AR-1. Ions are also great for what they cost. You don't have to buy mags off of forums also. Here are online stores that sell them:

www.logicpaintball.com
www.whitewolfairsmithing.com
www.themagsmith.com
www.airgun.com
www.tunamart.com

Recon by Fire
01-03-2006, 09:59 PM
If you don't want to fix problems, you definitely should not get an PsychoBallistics fokker!

OneEyedPimp
01-04-2006, 12:58 AM
If you don't want to fix problems, you definitely should not get an PsychoBallistics fokker!

As much as I like my Lighting "project marker," I must agree. It is simply because my gun came untimed and every screw on the thing had to be reloctited. That and I finally figured out why my valve was leaking, they forgot to put the valve spring in. Can you believe that?

Vex
01-04-2006, 01:09 AM
well, sorry, i would get a mag ( I LOVE those things) but my parents wont lemme buy off online forums.
Why don't you buy it directly from Airgun.com?

A buddy of mine bought one of the SuperBolt "Cockers" and in my opinion, it was cheaply made. However, they were selling for super cheap on Paintballgear.com:

Here (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=SKlachIKWIpaOVGxJkGa2hjDAMZ_YVDWCIA=?Pro ductID=wDrAqArbLyEAAAEFHaUC1Ii2)

9868Classic
01-04-2006, 01:42 PM
A buddy of mine bought one a while back just for the hopper off of Paintballgear.

Changed the ram and the sear and it shot like a champ. No problems with it at all. Its a cheap Dye Reflex knock-off, but in no way shape or form does it shoot like a Dye Reflex.

Proud Owner of a Almost all orginal Dye Reflex Blue to Clear Fade.

knsmicromag
01-05-2006, 05:52 AM
I just purchased a brand new mag w/ lvl10 and ule body for 280 from agd online store. What a nice gun. I would go with the mag and ask your parents to purchase it and then you pay them back. If thats an option.

SSg Sabo PSD, 1-64 AR, Baghdad, Iraq ( coming home today :headbang: )