PDA

View Full Version : problem with 68 classic

splattmannshan
01-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Ok i have a 68 automag classic, a lev 10 bolt on my gun, and other than that it is stock and pretty used

-> everytime i fire my gun the first paintball will shoot normally it will go straight and everything but the second ball coming down from the feed neck will get shot up in the same shot and usually explodes on the third paintball in the feed neck and that causes paint all in my hopper so everytime i fire its just unbeleivably inaccurate! VERY FRUSTRAITING :mad:

CAN ANYONE HELP MEEE!!! PLEAZE!!

Coralis
01-03-2006, 11:27 PM
sounds like you need a new nubbin (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=2&categoryID=90) as the first ball is too far forward in the barrel allowing the second one to drop down too far and get chopped .... also your level 10 isnt tuned to its most sensitive ..... you might also want to check your level 10 bolt for the foamie as well

athomas
01-05-2006, 10:09 AM
The foamy doesn't come into play until the ball is all the way in the breach. A lot of people don't even bother replacing the foamy if it comes off.

The barrel nubbin could be bent, broken, or not fitting properly and allowing the ball to creep forward in the breach. This could allow the next ball in the stack to get popped up in the feed tube or chopped when the gun is fired. If the level 10 is properly adjusted, the bolt should stop, vent, and then reset without chopping or blowing the ball up into the ball stack.

Check that everything is properly adjusted and in its proper place.

splattmannshan
01-05-2006, 05:27 PM
it doesnt have anything to do with the bolt or or the nubbin because i have fired the gun withone paintball in it and found that ther was alot of air coming out of the feed neck from every shot and this problem just started recently and i think it might have somthing to do with somth9ong in my power tube venting to much air each shot

Coralis
01-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Did you change anything in the power tube lately ..... like the brass tip ?

splattmannshan
01-08-2006, 12:00 AM
nope

athomas
01-08-2006, 09:24 AM
The nature of how air moves out the end of the bolt, means that dry firing wouldn't usually allow very much air to go up the feed tube.

Given that the barrel is empty when dry firing, the air has a free path forward in the direction that it is pushed. There wouldn't be any restriction to alter its path and direct it back up the feed tube. Even if the bolt wasn't fully forward while the air was blowing forward, the air would still blow out the barrel front, which is the straight ahead path of least resistance. If you block the front of the breach or barrel while dry firing, then the air will blow up the feed tube which is the path of least resistance.

When firing with a ball in the breach, the ball provides resistance to the air. As long as the bolt is forward while the air is moving forward, the majority of the air will follow the ball. Only if the bolt resets before the ball leaves the barrel, whill you see a significant amount of air blow back up the feed tube. That was/is the problem with the level 7 bolts. They dumped their air and reset too quickly, allowing excess air in the barrel to blow back up the feed neck. The level 10 bolt releases the air quickly but tapers its release more gently, meaning it doesn't reset so quickly. The level 10 bolt doesn't reset before the ball leaves the barrel. In fact, it actually stays forward venting air a bit after the ball has left. This is what causes some of the inefficiencies of the level 10, but it also reduces the blowback.

What is your velocity setting while your problem is happening?

splattmannshan
01-15-2006, 06:58 PM
it doesnt matter what the velocity is. the air always goes up the feed neck, just with smaller velocity the paintball in the feed neck doesnt get shot up as far but still enough to break
on the third ball in the feed neck. if you know how i could fix this problem that would help alot!

athomas
01-15-2006, 08:27 PM
The velocity setting has an effect on how long the bolt stays forward. It gives us an idea about one of the operational parameters of the gun. I've never seen a mag shoot a ball up the stack on a level 10 bolt due to blowback before.

Give us a list of your gun setup. ie; body, valve, bolt, grip frame, barrel, etc. It will help with the diagnosis.