PDA

View Full Version : Paintball and sleep

grEnAlEins
01-04-2006, 01:45 AM
I can never ever sleep before I play paintball. I have been playing scince the seventh grade, I am now in college, and have never gotten a full night's sleep before playing. Whether I am playing in a tournament or rec ball or with my cousins who have never played before (which i did last Thursday) seems to be irrelevent. I cant sleep, I am playing with one of my cousins tomarrow (really today i guess, but whatever). Does anyone else have this "problem?" Just currious and sorry if I sounded whiney.

Nick

quik
01-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Yeah, when I played paintball, always happened to me.

Huskie_American
01-04-2006, 02:25 AM
Happens in all sports...

SpitFire1299
01-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Just dont slee the night before, so your REALLY tired the next night making you want to sleep. :)

slade
01-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Just dont slee the night before, so your REALLY tired the next night making you want to sleep. :)
...or then you dont sleep two nights in a row and sleep through the tourney. :p

BobTheCow
01-04-2006, 02:02 PM
A couple years ago I had a crazy weekend with a similar problem. Friday night I was out doing who knows what, got to bed stupidly late. Had to wake up early Saturday to take the SATs (whatup 1380 after not enough sleep :cool: ). As soon as I was done with that, I was running all around Springfield collecting all my paintball crap that I had loaned out to people, because we had a tournament the next day.

Turns out half the stuff was messed up somehow, with not enough time to fix it, so I had to run around finding even more people to borrow stuff. That probably took 3 or 4 hours, ugh. Then, oh yeah, it was homecoming that night! Got ready faster than I thought possible, barely made it to dinner on time. Did the whole homecoming thing, ended up at a party that night and again didn't get home till really late.

Sunday morning, had to wake up around 5 in order to get ready and make it out to Pev's in time for the captain's meeting. Everything actually went fairly smoothly, and we did alright that day, considering nobody on the team was all that preparedor had gotten more than four hours of sleep either of the two previous nights.

On the way home that evening, before everybody else that I was driving passed out (poopyheads), my friend reminded me it was my birthday. Oh yeah... cool. I hadn't even remembered.

hmm, fake edit: Why the hell did I just tell that story?

grEnAlEins
01-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Happens in all sports...

Not really, when I wrestled and played Ice hockey for 11 years I slept well every night.