PDA

View Full Version : Dier problems. Think I F'ed up my gun

buzzboy
01-04-2006, 08:31 PM
As mentioned in another thread I am trying to intellifeed my bko to my warp. Finally today I got the headphone jack and I went to attach it all to my gun. My first problem is that I had too large guage of wire but that turned out to not be so bad because I never made it to that step. I went to strip the wires leading to the switch and cut through all but one thread of it so I tried to splice it back together(just twist it together and electro tape) Well that was working fine but the stress it put on the other wire pulled the shrink wrap off the microswitch. Forgot to mention that the other wire got fully cut in half trying to strip it.

What to do now. I can:

Attempt to ghetto rig it(bad idea)
Get a new wiring harness(just the part that plugs into the board)
Part out for cash
Send it to someone who does BKO work and have them fix it(costly, I am broke)

Which road should I follow? How much could I make parting out a BKO, Dye UL and Palmer Fatty? Which road would be easiest? Which road would be cheapest? If I send it out, to who?

HELP ME PLEASE! I AM PISSED AT MYSELF AND NEED TO STRIKE EVEN!

minimag03
01-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Since you think getto rigging it s a bad idea, I'd go with option #2 (if you like your BKO). If you don't, part only the BKO and keep the UL and Fatty. That way you will have two great upgrades for when you buy a new marker.

master_alexander
01-04-2006, 09:25 PM
id go with 2, unless you trust yourself with 1. its just a simple trip to radio shack, some questions, a little searching, some time and patience.

if your like me you will not have any of that. instead, a half hour in radio shack, a bazillion unawnsered questions, days of searching, time to do it and screw up, patience i dont have. in the end you will eventually get it right.

buzzboy
01-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Does anybody know where I can get a new harness.

CoolHand
01-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Does anybody know where I can get a new harness.

Talk to Goldie at Vaporworks.

He is certainly one with the ICD.

If you cut the wires in half trying to strip them, fixing it yourself is basically out of the question (look up "ham-fisted" if you need a more in-depth explanation ;) ).

I suggest finding someone who races RC cars locally, or maybe RC airplanes. Basically you need someone who is handy with a soldering iron, and has about three inches of heat shrink tubing to spare.

buzzboy
01-05-2006, 07:15 AM
I think I am going to take the harness to school today and have my Tech teacher help me fix it.

Troen
01-05-2006, 03:39 PM
soldiering is easy, just strip out the wires, solder it together, just has to be good enough to hold then electrical tape it

buzzboy
01-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Ok now I have two options. I looked at www.shootpaint.com and they said they would fix it for cheap. I really wouldn't mind sending it away because this saturday is my last game till march due to a giant vacation my family takes every winter. My other option is to fix it myself. I think I will converse a little more with shootpaint and see if he could also set up my intellifeed when fixing it. That would probably close the deal. Of course depending on cash.

skife
01-05-2006, 05:46 PM
I had bad expierences with my BKO wiring harness.