PDA

View Full Version : if an autococker had an air valve in it, would you consider it an automag?

12-11-2001, 10:43 PM
if an autococker had an air valve in it, would you consider it an automag?

FooTemps
12-11-2001, 10:45 PM
HELLZ NO! It still has all the moving parts...

FeelTheRT
12-11-2001, 11:00 PM
A.I.R

Advance Intergrated Regulator, does that meen it's just a type of reg? If it is i suppose u can make that reg retro fit the Autococker's standard ASA. But it's still a Cocker because it's closed bolt and is cocked by air pushing the pump arm from the ram, and fired by a sear releaseing a hammer which hits the valve and opened so the air travels up to the bolt and fires the paintball.

Butterfingers
12-12-2001, 07:18 AM
if a cocker had an air valve in it it would be an automag in a cocker body.

AIR isnt just the regulator, its the heart of the automag. The rest of the gun is just a bunch of tubes and a gripframe welded/screwed together.

Butterfingers
12-12-2001, 07:19 AM
If you wanted to use just the regulator, air america's unireg or ans gen-x regs are copies of the original AIR regulator concept.

12-12-2001, 09:31 PM
a lot of guys i play with shoot cockers, tom sponsers all automag teams. while eating dinner last night, i came up with an off the wall idea, something that might land us agd sponsorship. the idea was if you find a way to throw enough automag parts on an autococker (the air being the functional part of the mag), would an autococker reach a point where it would be considered a mag. kinda like the cockermag modification, but this would be more or a magcocker.

Mega Man
12-12-2001, 09:41 PM
probably not. I just cant get used to the trigger pull, evcery time i shoot one of my friends cockers i always short stroke. But now two of my friends have the swing trigger for it and i am sort of tempted to get a cocker with one of those just because it feels so nice, not quite a mag trigger but still REALLY nice feel to it.