PDA

View Full Version : Running Cocker Pneumatics Off of 12 Gram?

noahyay
01-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Would this be possible or practical?

I need to know if there is a way to figure out the number of cubic inches that 12 grams of compressed co2 converts to. Then you could calculate the size of your ram and figure out how many cycles it would last.

or if someoen wants to hook their 12 gram up to their lpr and tell me how many cycles they get that would be great.

Also what is the output pressure of a 12 gram?

I know this is impractical for an autococker -this is for a project semi auto conversion.

slade
01-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Would this be possible or practical?

I need to know if there is a way to figure out the number of cubic inches that 12 grams of compressed co2 converts to. Then you could calculate the size of your ram and figure out how many cycles it would last.

or if someoen wants to hook their 12 gram up to their lpr and tell me how many cycles they get that would be great.

I know this is impractical for an autococker -this is for a project semi auto conversion.
i could do that calculation, but the volume will also depend on the temperature... plus the calculation would be pointless, it wouldnt be accurate at all. you need a certain PSI for each cycle, and what you need to calculate is how many cycles you will get before the PSI drops below the necessary point. and the pneumatics will vent not only the air in the ram, but in the hoses and part of the 3-way. youre better off just testing it yourself and see what you get.

noahyay
01-05-2006, 03:41 PM
hmm, im trying to figure out if I should get a 22ci or a 12 gram adapter. I dont want to spend an extra 30 on the 12 gram adapter plus some 12 grams if they arent going to work.

A 22 ci would probably pay for itself over time but im not looking forward to spending 100.

Can we assume :

micro rock at 80 psi

ram:
.5 inch wide
3 1/4 travel

orracle 3 way

paint magnet
01-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Most semi pistols get from 12-18 shots per cartridge, if it helps any.

noahyay
01-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah I figured that a 12 gram cant be too bad so thats the rout I am taking.

Also they are about 800-900 psi

I am going to run a rock regulator because I just learned I will blow up with a micro rock and co2.

If its not enought I will spend the 100 for a 22ci

a 3.5 oz has approx. 100 grams. So its 8.3 times larger than a 12 grram. If I get 8.3 times more shots I need off of A 3.5 I will switch to a 12 gram.

skife
01-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Of course you can run your cocker pnumatics off of CO2, cocker have been out since way way before HPA was popular.