PDA

View Full Version : what happened to rocky?

skife
01-05-2006, 05:50 PM
what happened to rocky cagnoni? he was really cool. and after he stopped playing for 'lanche he
did the ron stern paintball camp thing, then he dissapeared. he was my favroite player of all time.

68magOwner
01-05-2006, 05:53 PM
hes broke (not kidding)

AGDlover
01-05-2006, 05:59 PM
i've been seeing rockey doin Angel WORK lately

skife
01-05-2006, 10:02 PM
i've been seeing rockey doin Angel WORK lately

he's a wdp certified tech, that doesn't suprise me.

Jackel411
01-05-2006, 10:27 PM
He plays...or Played for Brimstone Smoke last I checked.. OTher than that not sure

magman007
01-05-2006, 10:48 PM
i believe he is playing for a reds team, the guy isnt really in good health, i suspect alot of heavy drug use has taken its toll. look at older pictues, he wasnt a small guy, short yes, but had a body on him, now, he looks like he is going to die.

Cow hunter
01-05-2006, 10:51 PM
from what i can tell he was some pro from a while back?
some pics would be cool

magman007
01-05-2006, 10:55 PM
from what i can tell he was some pro from a while back?
some pics would be cool

rocky played for old school avalanche, legendary player in his prime, back when it was lasoya, rocky, and ed poorman running the fields 2k era

mobsterboy
01-05-2006, 11:12 PM
he's perdy good. I have an old 2k1 Avalanche Vid of the team, lasoya included. It was a funny sight to watch these guys with their dark angels, just like mine, rocking revvy's and angel air's...
what i bet they'd give for a pred and a halo... :D

Josh2Xtremes
01-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Rocky's a father now, guys. So he's doing his best to take care of his son (Little Rock). He's still living in Florida, repping the Angels as one of the most loyal players to a sponsor ever, and up through the end of this season played professionally with Brimstone Smoke in the NPPL. Last I heard he's considering options for playing next season. Rocky's one of the nicest human beings in the world, one of the best front-men of all time, a great guy, a good friend and a good father too. If you don't know him, respect him because you don't have a reason not to. If you did know him, you'd respect him because...well...I just covered all that.
Josh

magman007
01-06-2006, 12:12 AM
i heard something about the kid in pb2x i believe, and i have met rocky before, and have nothing but respect, but i do suspect something is either A wrong with him, or b there is some drug use in play, its no mystery that he used to smoke alot of MJ back in the day, and it almost looks like he has moved on to meth. the guy just doesnt look healthy. Still a strong player though, and still one of the few people repping angels, besides joy.

WARPED1
01-06-2006, 08:40 PM
I believe Rocky is still on Brimstone Smoke.

minimag03
01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
They did a interview with him acouple months ago. He was voted #9 in Paintball Games International Mazazine's 200 greatest players. He said he was getting tired and was thinking about not playing anymore. He did mention something about becoming a coach though.

Pump Scout
01-07-2006, 09:43 AM
I believe I'd heard that he was injured badly for a good portion of this last playing season. Something about a car falling off a jack and breaking his foot. With Smoke being relegated to semipro NPPL for the coming year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rocky step back from playing for a while.

skife
01-07-2006, 09:58 AM
thanks for the info, i used to own a paintball dvd (an older one) and it followed oldschool 'lanche and rocky was just badass.... awsome player and awsome personality.
i just wondered where the guy went, we need more people like him as a pro.

Brian Terry AGD
01-07-2006, 10:40 AM
yes josh you are so right,,plus he funny as hell,,o yeah josh see ya at the 1st cfoa..

magman007
01-07-2006, 01:30 PM
thanks for the info, i used to own a paintball dvd (an older one) and it followed oldschool 'lanche and rocky was just badass.... awsome player and awsome personality.
i just wondered where the guy went, we need more people like him as a pro.

you mean PUSH?

peewee
01-07-2006, 07:17 PM
In the last few months he's been hitting some charity games , rumor had it at one he was playing SC the whole day.

sicone
01-08-2006, 05:34 PM
rocky was in apg this month he played in hawaii with bea youngs and mike paxson in the old school challange tourny there