PDA

View Full Version : Emag Problems

shoot m up
01-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey I have an EMAG. THe battery is not even a year old, only been charged maybe 2 to 4 times now. I used it once worked great. Then i charged for a month later for a weekend of pb and well when i got there only got about 5 shots out of it. Then it wouldnt work. THANK GOODNESS FOR MECHANICAL MODE!!!!!!!! So i played on that all day. I took it home cleaned it up and put the battery to a volt meter. It read 17.8v. I plugged it up to the emag and tried firing it with out any where. Was click strong but yet again 5 shots the it got week. I took it of and it read 12v and then started slowly climbing back up. So i charged the Battery for the 3rd or 4th time since i bought it. Read 18v before i put it on the emag. And agian it did the same thing it was died and slowly regained charged. This is the second battery i have had on it that did that. I need so help fellow Maggers. Yall are the best when it comes to help. Well goodluck with helping me and Thanks.

Ryan

Coralis
01-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Well you have really only two choices either you gun has a problem or you have bad battery so you could either send off the gun to be tech'ed unless you have some experience troubleshooting electirical circuitry or buy another battery and see if that cures your problem. If you decide to trouble shoot your mag things you may want to look at are things that could be causing excessive current thus zapping your battery , like a bad solenoid or dirty gummed up sear or on/off pin (do you have the quad orings installed ) lastly doing a visual inspection of your board looking for burnt components.

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful

shoot m up
01-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Well you have really only two choices either you gun has a problem or you have bad battery so you could either send off the gun to be tech'ed unless you have some experience troubleshooting electirical circuitry or buy another battery and see if that cures your problem. If you decide to trouble shoot your mag things you may want to look at are things that could be causing excessive current thus zapping your battery , like a bad solenoid or dirty gummed up sear or on/off pin (do you have the quad orings installed ) lastly doing a visual inspection of your board looking for burnt components.

Sorry I couldnt be more helpful
THis is a completly new battery though. It shouldnt have done that so quikly. And what are the quad orings?

Coralis
01-08-2006, 03:32 AM
Quad orings are used in the emag .... on the on/off and in the regulator (i believe) they have less "friction" on the on/off pin so that the solenoid doesnt have to work as hard. Quad orings (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=195&categoryID=24)

shoot m up
01-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Quad orings are used in the emag .... on the on/off and in the regulator (i believe) they have less "friction" on the on/off pin so that the solenoid doesnt have to work as hard. Quad orings (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=195&categoryID=24)
I found it last night. Umm I looked at the board no burn marks. I think I will just send it in. It needs a button fixed that the previous owner broke.

MagPride
01-09-2006, 05:04 PM
See if the terminals are corroded, clean them off then try it?

shoot m up
01-19-2006, 09:26 PM
See if the terminals are corroded, clean them off then try it?

Alright SO i looked. Everything is super clean. I saw on havoc that the solinode should put out about 2.6 to 2.8 ohms.

"The solenoid must have a little play, dont over tighten the mounting screw on the right side of the grip. If you have a multi meter, measure the solenoid for 2.6-2.8 ohms. If none of this does the job, you may have a bad solenoid or your plunger rod may be bent(it just takes a little bit), or your H.E.S. may need replacing(see adjusting the trigger)."

Umm mine is reading 3.2 to 3.4 ohms. So what should i do.