PDA

View Full Version : WDP sent us new toys

68magOwner
01-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Ok, so, my team recieved a big package today, inside was 6 brand new 06 speeds (more on the way).

I cant really give much of a review right now, other than that the marker is LIGHT, and the 45* frames are super comfy (we didnt get any 90* frames). The breakaway trigger system is amazing, fast and easy to keep rythm, finish is perfect on all of them (we have a pink/silver, 2 black/graphite fades, dust silver, dust blue, and my red/black, all of which are flawless). I will get a full review up after practice this sunday. But, for now, pics-

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/719082479.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/719072164.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/719052145.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/719035550.jpg&s=x11
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/719024462.jpg&s=x11

vid-
http://media.putfile.com/angel71

BuyMyMag
01-06-2006, 11:58 PM
lluucckkyy :hail:

minimag03
01-07-2006, 12:09 AM
:wow:
That is beautiful. If you have any pics of the dust silver, could you please post them.

How about you hook us up with some sponsership prices? :D

magman007
01-07-2006, 12:09 AM
thats a nice lookin marker man, not an angel fan, but still a nice lookin marker!

neppo1345
01-07-2006, 12:13 AM
What is this tingling sensation i'm feeling deep in my loin...

Dare I say...en fuego?

68magOwner
01-07-2006, 12:32 AM
That is beautiful. If you have any pics of the dust silver, could you please post them.

Ill have pics of all colors come sunday, as well as a review

and, no, cant help ya with your prices ;)

skife
01-07-2006, 09:54 AM
i think i'll pick one of those up next year when people are buying '07 speeds.

AGDlover
01-07-2006, 09:57 AM
man.... i want a 06 speed now!!

Caffiend
01-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Very nice!

What board is in the halo/reloader B? And how to you like it?

68magOwner
01-07-2006, 12:15 PM
What board is in the halo/reloader B? And how to you like it?

in that halo, is a stock board with Z code. (and PR mode with an on/off switch, thats switch on the back in 3rd pic) works fine, i only need 15bps, and, it does that. WAS looking to pick up one of the WAS halo boards that were suppossed to release dec 14th, but, those just disappeared :confused: . Anyway, ive got the revvy on it right now, i use both fairly interchangably since the 15bps rule was put into effect, because, the revvy feeds ~13, so, not too much slower, but, more comfortable for me to use/lighter.

But, messing with the marker some, and one thing i have noticed is that the PSP mode is.....not good. Im used to tadao/virtue, which easily lets you keep a consistent 15 with 1 finger, this thing, you HAVE to walk it to get to 15, and its really "gallopy" with breaks in between the 3 shot burtst. IM hoping this is just because the eyes are off and it works OK with paint. But, were getting new boards either way due to sponsorship stuff, just giving a heads up to potential buyers, ill test it with paint and report back.

Oh, and for anyone who might care, i met a teammate at the local proshop to pick the marker up (they were shipped to his house) and members of baultamore trauma love the new speeds lol. (B-trauma works at the proshop/local field)

Caffiend
01-07-2006, 01:31 PM
oh, cool. It just looked a bit different with the extra switch. I have a reloader B with a fried board and I was just curious as to what board you used and how you liked it.

68magOwner
01-07-2006, 02:30 PM
But, messing with the marker some, and one thing i have noticed is that the PSP mode is.....not good. Im used to tadao/virtue, which easily lets you keep a consistent 15 with 1 finger, this thing, you HAVE to walk it to get to 15, and its really "gallopy" with breaks in between the 3 shot burtst. IM hoping this is just because the eyes are off and it works OK with paint. But, were getting new boards either way due to sponsorship stuff, just giving a heads up to potential buyers, ill test it with paint and report back.

Ok, just got some air and pur some V balls throguh it, the PSP mode is just fine with paint, so, now im really psyched to play tomorrow, i will try to get some vids of these things ripping, if nothing else, i will have footage of the team using them.

-oh, and with the Vballs, the marker seemed to be fairly loud (which, angels have always kind of been) but, seemed to have no notable recoil and shot great.

magman007
01-07-2006, 11:58 PM
im glad you like your new gun man, my biggest complaint though with angels is the rotobreach. I like my hopper LOW. not some mid rise... but thats me :)

68magOwner
01-08-2006, 01:42 AM
im glad you like your new gun man, my biggest complaint though with angels is the rotobreach. I like my hopper LOW. not some mid rise... but thats me :)

Yeah, ive always thought the rotobreach was a preety pointless desighn, the only advantage i see is being able to mount the noid on top of the marker rather than having a tray or having to make room in the frame. The whole hopper being low thing dosent really bother me that much, because,you CAN get some fairly low feednecks (and, you could get a n-rise if you REALLY wanted it, just couldnt open breach without taking it off). But, playing with a mid rise allows you to see alot more if you play looking between the marker and hopper.

68magOwner
01-08-2006, 09:46 PM
new pics are up, vid should be up shortly, its QUICK

SpecialBlend2786
01-09-2006, 06:11 PM
How does it compare to your vikings (weight wise etc)?

68magOwner
01-09-2006, 09:21 PM
How does it compare to your vikings (weight wise etc)?
its signifigantly smaller, and definatly lighter than the featherlight was, but, with that said, the weight/size of the vikings never bothered me in the least.

ok, still working on getting vid up (have one, two actually, but, cant get them hosted), but, ill post a review now-

-aupon recieving-comes in a nice box, very well packaged, with spare orings, allen keys, oil, barrel plug, macro line/fittings, and a very nice full color manual

-straight out of the box- i was impressed by the size, they are very little markers. The trigger out of the box isnt great, but, i assume anyone getting this calibur marker will know how to adjust their own trigger, which with the vernier wheel and external adjustments is VERY easy. Turned it on, it goes through a short boot up sequence, then LED's indicate if there is or is not paint in the breech, the lazer eyes are nifty. The overall feel is very nice, very well balanced, frame shape is great, and its a rather thin frame, which, i love.

With paint- stock settings- (dwell-2 leds, rof-15bps, loader delay- (they actually do this by "12vt, force fed, fast force fed")-2 led's (egg speed i believe), LPR-3 shims)- This was with the bad trigger, and 15bps cap, so, not too fast, but, shot nice, fairly loud, a little bit of kick, but, very nice shot groupings right out of the box (didnt have a chrono there, so, couldnt check consistency)

playing- my settings- (dwell-3 led's, rof- 15 PSP mode, loader delay- 4led's (fast force feed), LPR- 2 shims)- OK, was shooting some brittle whitebox in the cold, and in the morning, had several barrel breaks, which, i must say, it shot through like a champ, 10 balls max and you never even knew you broke a ball, upped the dwell to 3 blinks, and that fixed that for the rest of the day. Out of the box, it was shooting ~+-7. With my settings, the marker was still fairly loud, but, had less kick. First time i went out, off the break, i started running and gunning, then when i stopped shooting, the marker just kept going, tons of bounce, and you cant adjust the debounce in PSP mode, so, after that game, went and made the trigger a bit heavier, which, fixed that (the trigger is still really nice, just, not as light as i initally wanted). The marker shot darts all day, i was very impressed with the shot groupings without being broken in.

specifics-

overall feel- i am extremely picky about how my markers feel, and the 06 speed gets 2 thumbs up in overal feel. It's very well balanced, frame is super comfy. The breakaway trigger system is extremly easy to maintain perfect rythm on.

shooting- You can that the marker has extremely fast cycle speeds just by shooting it, very nice. It has an amazing point-shoot feel, being able to hit what your aming for (i was able to toss paint up and shoot it out of the air all day, which, is not too easy for me with all markers). Shot groupings were great, picking off packs, shoes, and loaders from across the field easily (our back player is in LOVE with his new angel).

stock barrel- Really impressed, the paint didnt even match up perfectly, and this thing was shooting great, but, as they say, any tube is going to shoot the same as any other tube of the same diameter. What impressed me most about this barrel, was that it shot through breaks like nothing ive used before (including ultralights, stiffis, edge kits, freak kits, empire kits, pipe kits, ect) after a few shots, it was shooting like the break never even happened

weight- i believe its right at 2lbs (dont quote me on that) but, whatever it is, in your hands, it feels super light, and thats what matters

efficency- i didnt pay too much attention to this, i do know it was good though. A teammate shot a pod and a hopper in 1 game, and said it took up 800-1000psi, which, would put you at 1305 shots per 45/45 fill, if you go with the high end (1000 psi) which, is really good, every player on the team, including the back players are sporting 45/45's with no problems at all.

finish- we have 5 different colors right now, (pink/silver, dust silver, black/graphite fade(2), black/red fade, and dust blue) all look great, no flaws in the ano on any (although, i already nicked mine dropping a screwdriver on it :( (Dosent bother me too much, markers are made for playing, not for beauty shows)

overall performance- I have used bassically, every high end marker marker out to date (with the exception of electro mags, and a few select high end mechs (palmers)), every single one of the DM/PM series, the newest egos, AKA's, older angels, shockers, nerve, all generations of intimidators, E cockers, ect, so, i feel i can judge if a marker is a good performer or not. In all honesty, i would say right now, i was very impressed by the 06 speed, and would put it up there next to any other matker you come across on the field, although, i do think theres some room for improvement. I think that mabey when the angels are broken in a little more, i will be even more impressed, everyone on the team noticed them getting better throughout the day (slightly less kick and better consistency at the end of the day than the beginning). As far as any new, 06 marker, i think that out of the box, the 06 speed will perform as good or better than anything that just came out. (I love the dm6 to death, but, im happier shooting the speed than the dm6, but, ive always been happier with ram/hammer markers). I would reccomend the marker to anyone, at under $900 retail, i think its a great buy.

68magOwner
01-11-2006, 02:45 PM
ok, new pics and vid up