PDA

View Full Version : old Govenair Nitrogen System?

UThomas
01-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Anybody know anything about old (late 90's) WDP Govenair Nitrogen systems? I just picked one up on an old Eclipse mag that I got from the Uk.

Specifically, I'd like to hydro test and keep the 1.9L bottle but thread on a new reg. Anyone know any that fit?

http://home.comcast.net/~thomas_mitchell/Pics/Govenair.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~thomas_mitchell/Pics/Govenair2.jpg

BigEvil
01-07-2006, 12:59 PM
I think that Govenair was MacDev if im not mistaked - fyi

WARPED1
01-07-2006, 05:15 PM
I think that Govenair was MacDev if im not mistaked - fyi
I think so as well.

UThomas
01-07-2006, 05:21 PM
99% sure it was the precuror to the Angel Air and made by WDP. Macdev is Australian based and this says "MADE IN ENGLAND" on the reg.

Anyone know how to read the bottle info? As best I can tell it is stamped:

(L)BS5045/3/C 345BAR K98723 1.22KG TARE

CATALINA CLIFFDIV 10/95 207BAR

WARPED1
01-07-2006, 07:22 PM
99% sure it was the precuror to the Angel Air and made by WDP. Macdev is Australian based and this says "MADE IN ENGLAND" on the reg.

Anyone know how to read the bottle info? As best I can tell it is stamped:

(L)BS5045/3/C 345BAR K98723 1.22KG TARE

CATALINA CLIFFDIV 10/95 207BAR
Oh wait. I got confuzzled. You're right methinks.

hardr0ck68
01-07-2006, 07:34 PM
i believe that those systems used a thread not shared by any other modren system. Its kinda a bummer for collectors who have them as the regs will be useless when the bottles are out of date (15 years from the origional test date).

angelpena
01-07-2006, 08:42 PM
The tank is made by Catalina, so the threading may be the same...

MarkM
01-07-2006, 09:14 PM
The regs threads are unique, you have to get a bottle that fits the reg, when it was made there were different bottle threads depending on which regulator you bought, I have seen Govnairs on Fibre wrapped bottles and of course on the ally bottles. Good luck with spares as they don't exist, the worst thing is the burst disc as even WDP (the makers) and Planet (who sold a lot of them hence the Eclipse splash anno) haven't had any for around 5 years. The fill nipple should have a filter on it but most people removed this as they were notorious for slow filling. In the early days with multiple hose filling rigs everyone had to wait for the Govnair equipped marker to be filled even if the others were already full.

The numbers on the tank are simply the UK standards

(L)BS5045/3/C 345BAR K98723 1.22KG TARE........BS = British Standard 345 = Burst pressure

CATALINA CLIFFDIV 10/95 207BAR.... 10/95 = last test date 207 bar = 3000psi working pressure

Since the bottle is english standard you shouldn't be able to get the bottle tested legally and unless you hold an english passport you are not legally allowed to use that bottle in the states...just so you know.

magman007
01-07-2006, 11:06 PM
thats still a pretty cool piece of history. Also believe you guys were thinking of the Legionaire by mac dev.

UThomas
01-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Ok, so I can't hydro it. Doh! What should I turn it into? I now have a big hunk of Aluminum that matches my gun perfectly.

The only thing I can think of is a big sliencer, but that probably doesn't improve on my legality issues

Thomas

hardr0ck68
02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
have someone cut you an adapter so you can use it as a co2 tank....any local machine shop could do it. That way you could keep the tank itself and reg in useable condition. It will one day be highly collectable. (well if paintball sticks around that is)

MarkM
02-05-2006, 09:13 PM
have someone cut you an adapter so you can use it as a co2 tank....any local machine shop could do it. That way you could keep the tank itself and reg in useable condition. It will one day be highly collectable. (well if paintball sticks around that is)

Since the bottle is english standard you shouldn't be able to get the bottle tested legally and unless you hold an english passport you are not legally allowed to use that bottle in the states...just so you know.

You must have missed that part of my reply, even with a new adaptor made it is still not legal to use that tank in the US, plus it is out of test. I wouldn't want that potential lawsuit hanging over my head.