PDA

View Full Version : Stumped by ReTro problems

mykroft
12-12-2001, 11:26 AM
Well, I'm still getting massive velocity fluctuations.

Here's my setup:

Retro valve in P/F mag, Ravi's Sear mod (No I didn't do that, it already had it), intelliframe and PMI 48/3K 850psi preset tank.

There is a hole about 1.5"x3/4" cut in the body above the bolt (about 1/2" behind p/f, and no I didn't do that either)

About half the O-rings have been replaced. (It's hard to find RT parts kits in Toronto)

Still getting +/-20fps over the crony with good paint/barrel match.

Help?

ciaran.mooney
12-12-2001, 12:32 PM
Im not expert on ReTro valve but any one of those mods could be causing the problem. Though there is a specific procedure you have to go through to chrono a RT, goto the AGD website and it will have it there. Try that see if you get the same results.

If that doesnt work then its probably those mods, i suggest you send it to AGD to be repaired.

BlackVCG
12-12-2001, 01:01 PM
If you're getting velocity fluctuations with an RT valve, the first thing to do is replace the reg. seat o-ring. Taking off the reg body, you'll see the reg. valve pin and a small o-ring around it and then the brass reg. seat holder with four cross hatch cuts. Lift up on the reg. seat holder and you'll see an o-ring under it. That's the reg. seat and you need to replace that with a newly oiled one. Also, take out the piston and oil it. Clean out the pocket it sits in with a q-tip. Feed it some oil and cycle it a couple hundred times and then go to the chrono station. If it's a problem with the valve, that will have fixed it.