PDA

View Full Version : Who has done the most for mags?

BigEvil
01-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Not including Tom and the rest of AGD....

who has done the most for the advancement of the Mag line of paintball guns and why?

Where does it go from here?

11 Bravo
01-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I vote for all of them equally (your going to start a war). I have bought from all of them and would say that I would not have been able to build the mags that I have without their help.

Note: Ga Devil probably could have been no. 1 if he could have gotten it together.

SpitFire1299
01-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I would say RogueFactor.. because he made so many mag upgrades for us to get upsessed about. Also, he doesnt own themagsmith.com, they just sell his stuff there. :)

Also.. isnt tunaman an AGD Tech?

Automaggot68
01-09-2006, 01:28 AM
I voted Others.
Mag users have done the most.

nate2k191
01-09-2006, 01:41 AM
logic makes good advancements, rogue supplies sweet upgrades, and tuna provides everyhing, every one on there deserves a gold star.

temilotzin
01-09-2006, 01:57 AM
If his new software works the way he says it does, I would say LorneCash has to be on this list.

magman007
01-09-2006, 02:27 AM
If his new software works the way he says it does, I would say LorneCash has to be on this list.

because softwear benifits all mag owners right? how about miscue? his software was supurb.

Vex
01-09-2006, 02:34 AM
I would say RogueFactor.. because he made so many mag upgrades for us to get upsessed about. Also, he doesnt own themagsmith.com, they just sell his stuff there. :)
I once had a problem with them charging my credit card wrongly, and Rogue replied to my email and said that they would fix it. So he obviously does something more with TheMagSmith than just hock his swag on there.

buzzboy
01-09-2006, 07:12 AM
I voted Others.
Mag users have done the most.
Amen brother

shartley
01-09-2006, 07:52 AM
I too vote for “other” and say it is the player. :cheers:

BigEvil
01-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Well, heres what I was thinking when I started this thread....

Realatively speaking, mags are non-existent compared to other guns (IE: DMs, Timmies, Tippmans, Spyders). Yet, look at all of the options that are available for mag owners.

There are about:
5 different grip frames
2 differnt barrel threads
6 or 7 different bodies
several different body rails.
then there are Emags, Xmags, Devilmags, Spydermags....

Most of this is due to small companies and the guys I mentioned above. I think its pretty incredible the amount of aftermarket parts and accessories that are available for AGD guns and its mostly thanks to cottage industry companies.
:cheers:

Arstron
01-09-2006, 09:17 AM
I cant pick just one. Like its been said:

Rogue makes a bunch of aftermarket parts that help out everyone.
Tunaman sells everything and does quit a bit of custom work,
Coolhand makes some great trigger frames, still cant wait for his mech and electro pneumatic frame to be released.
GaDevil sells some very nice frames and mags
Nicad makes the sweetest automag bodies and rails, and would be number one if he was able to create and sell his hair trigger....
Luke makes very good quality grips and hyperframe parts and does good custom work.
Other The mag community is unlike most communitys, everyone pulls together and helps each other out. Without the community support, there is no way automags would still be alive.

MicroMiniMe
01-09-2006, 10:14 AM
How about Pro Team Products with micro mag, micro emag and some of Jay/RR's work?

/flame retardent suit on

BigEvil
01-09-2006, 10:51 AM
How about Pro Team Products with micro mag, micro emag and some of Jay/RR's work?

/flame retardent suit on

Ah Crap I had him in there, then deleted the poll to add Nicad and forgot to put Jay back :mad:

Sorry Jay ....

I was going to put Pro-team as a seperate option on the poll, but the fact that they are sitting on their hands for the pneuframe, and havent licensed the rights to anyone, I figured Id leave them off.

Thats why I wanted to put RRFireblade(jay) up there by himself. He did do a ton of r&d for the pneuframe, and then there was the FIreware software which had promise but was never offered to the public. I think people would vote for him just for the Fireblade emag trigger. :-)

lbonettosd
01-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Out of that list Rogue has definitely done the most with/for mags. He's given maggers everywhere alot of options.... and who doesn't like options. :cheers:

neppo1345
01-09-2006, 11:31 AM
I was going to put Pro-team as a seperate option on the poll, but the fact that they are sitting on their hands for the pneuframe, and havent licensed the rights to anyone, I figured Id leave them off.

/beats
http://www.oddjack.com/dead%20horse.jpg

Just forget about the pneuframe...PLEASE...we don't need another 5 page long thread about it...

I'd have to agree with the guys saying mag users...because without mag users (AO) there would be no mags on the fields, and none of the guys on the poll would still exist.

zaqwert6
01-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Without Proteam you might not have ever had:

ULE Mag bodies,
Cocker threaded Mags,
Xmags,
Emags,
Aftermarket Mag Rails,
Aftermarket Mag Vert ASA/Foregrips,
Double Trigger Mag Grips Frames,
P/T Spacers,
Warps in current config....

To name a few ;)

Most of theses thing didn't even exist before Proteam.

REDRT
01-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Deadlywinds bodys have given mags a welcomed face lift. Not only keeping some mag users, but maybe bring some on board. I think the list has very talented people listed to choose one is/was hard. It is my opinion these are the people keeping AGD alive when AGD itself isn't doing anything it speak of to move forward.

hitech
01-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Luke has done the most for my 'mag. :D

mobsterboy
01-09-2006, 03:25 PM
/beats
http://www.oddjack.com/dead%20horse.jpg

Just forget about the pneuframe...PLEASE...we don't need another 5 page long thread about it...

I'd have to agree with the guys saying mag users...because without mag users (AO) there would be no mags on the fields, and none of the guys on the poll would still exist.

Neppo, you've earned your unblock from me. Bravo!

SCpoloRicker
01-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Ao

BigEvil
01-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Ao
QFT

Recon by Fire
01-09-2006, 11:14 PM
What, nobody mentioned that one guy.....what was his name....oh yeah, Tom Kaye!

11 Bravo
01-09-2006, 11:17 PM
In big black bold letters the heading says "Other than Tom and AGD".

Recon by Fire
01-10-2006, 02:04 AM
Oops :)

Vex
01-10-2006, 02:35 AM
I've done the most for my Mag. ;)

mixwell2
01-10-2006, 04:34 AM
while all of the above have done great things for our beloved mag...i must agree with a previous statement that us, the Loyal mag users, have done the most. Especially the ones (like myself) who still use our mags in tourneys and proudly dawn our AO/AGDPride jerseys.

If i had to pick it would be Tuna...since he currently is fixing my xmag and finally solved the curved blade tigger problem.

stoupa
01-10-2006, 06:21 AM
I vote for Jay from PTP.

manike
01-11-2006, 04:50 PM
I voted 'other'. John Sosta, John Bonich and Jackie Sosta. They played a huge part in fine tuning the gun over the years.

zackzel
01-11-2006, 05:04 PM
I voted Tunaman but not for the reason everyone is thinking, don't get me wrong he does put out some awsome custom stuff. The real reason that I am giving him my vote though is because how easy it is to comunicate with the guy. I go through alot of mag stuff and with a quick email, and a paypal payment my stuff is at my front door usually 2 days later. Can't beat that.

If Tunaman wasn't around I would not still be shooting a mag. If I couldn't get the parts that I needed quickly I would just go with one of the more mainstream guns.

* this is not saying that the other dealers such as rogue or anyone else are not awsome dealers as well but I just choose to use Tunaman for my needs, as he is pretty close to me, and I have never ever even had anything close to a bad dealing with him.

PsychoBaller
01-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Rogue has done the most AGD advancment...

...but TUNA is definately KING !! Doing stuff for AGD longer than anyone else on the list.

BOOYA :bounce:

-baller

chad326
01-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Not including Tom and the rest of AGD....

who has done the most for the advancement of the Mag line of paintball guns and why?

Where does it go from here?
What about ( White Wolf Air Smith )

BigEvil
01-11-2006, 07:48 PM
What about ( White Wolf Air Smith )

I thought about putting him on the list, but I think he is more of a 'general services' type and not specififally a AGD dealer. (Although he does have plenty of mag goodies on his site.) He also has equal amounts of Phantom and Cocker stuff as well. Plus the guys on my list have more of an AO presence.

Carbon
01-11-2006, 09:21 PM
The mag community has done the most for the Mag. Without us we'd still be on stainless steel L7's

Chronobreak
01-11-2006, 10:14 PM
ptp has done ALOT but not so much as of recently

to name a few ..the e-mag, accesories,warp adapters,micromag etc

and to say theyr "sitting on their hands" is an ignorant and unknowledgeable statement from somone that obviosuly has little or no insight into the project

as for recently i would say coolhand,rogue,and tuna, and expecialy nciad have all been steadily coming out with accesories to keep us buying upgrading swapping and brining some new flavor into the old stale mag world

everybody does their part and without 1 maybe two of them we would not see a major difference but i dont think anyone here can honestly say that mags would be as popular(not that polular overall) as they are today without all of their products, support and dedication.

also without agd we wouldnt have good quality guns that customers like us aoers would want to keep shooting

--edit

and without custom work from people like luke,blackvcg,and wwa it would be alot more difficult to get simple work done and would force people to go to the busy shops and be waiting for LONG and spend alot of $ to get simple work done.