PDA

View Full Version : Another question for Black VCG......................

[NA]WARLORD
12-12-2001, 12:34 PM
As i keep going back to main forum and drooling over your minimag, i cant help but notice how short your powerfeed is, did you cut it down, if so how did ya do it? thanx for all your help.................

BlackVCG
12-12-2001, 12:54 PM
I had to make it myself by cutting down the feed tube. It's impossible to get a clean cut with a tubing cutter that close to the body so I used a vertical mill with a 5/16" end mill. Size of the end mill doesn't matter really, just one that is sharp and will do the job. I clamped my mainbody so that the feed tube was parallel to the table of the VM and marked my spot. I brought the end mill down and started feeding the endmill down each time I made a cut across the dia. of the feed tube. RPM was set to about 500 and I used a small amount of coolant.

AGD makes bodies with the PF tube short enough to use the standard length feed plug, also known as warp bodies. At the time they weren't making them for MiniMags, so I milled it myself. AGD now has warp bodies for E-Mags/RT-Pros/Automags/Minimags.

[NA]WARLORD
12-12-2001, 04:12 PM
Ichecked on the online store but didnt see the warp bodies, anywhere else i could find them, that you know? I'm looking for a black teflon H/L mini body, again thanx...........

[NA]WARLORD
12-13-2001, 12:45 PM
Anybody know ?
Cmon guys, hook a brother up......

[NA]WARLORD
12-13-2001, 05:29 PM
what is ADG, you mean AGD, by any chance or is this somone else?

Puddleglum
12-13-2001, 05:30 PM
I think that cutting down the tube looks pretty cool. Do you have a Powerfeed or Standard feed? I cut mine down and it looks pretty sharp. I'll get up some pics when I get my body back from redrider. Where is Black's Gun???

BlackVCG
12-13-2001, 06:09 PM
Puddleglum-

Here...
MiniMag (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4071)

[NA]WARLORD
12-13-2001, 11:25 PM
aint it cooool......... few more weeks, and mine will look similar, minus the z-grip tho, waiting for intelliframe...