PDA

View Full Version : ULE fit on a clasic RT frame?

MagPride
01-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Just a question, Does the ULE mainbody fit on a classic RT Rail?

Dayspring
01-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Yes, but the Classic RT valve won't fit the body.

AGD has a trade in program- you send them the body & old valve, they send you an Xvalve, ULE body and a special spacer for the field strip screw. Check the store.

MagPride
01-09-2006, 11:57 AM
well i just bought an RT classic, i have a black ULE warp Mainbody. so whats the spacer, an oring?, Nevermind i see it its a rail bushing. But, what if you dont plan on using a xvalve its a level 10 rt valve and id like to keep it that way, would you then need the rail bushing?

MagPride
01-09-2006, 12:14 PM
well i just bought an RT classic, i have a black ULE warp Mainbody. so whats the spacer, an oring?, Nevermind i see it its a rail bushing. But, what if you dont plan on using a xvalve its a level 10 rt valve and id like to keep it that way, would you then need the rail bushing?

Plus its already intelliframed and has a field strip on it

MagPride
01-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Plus its already intelliframed and has a field strip on it

oh the valve, i see well ill put my classic valve on it then, see how that works

Dayspring
01-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Won't work correctly b/c the field strip screw will move around in the rail bushing. The RT Classic banjo bolt is considerably larger than the classic/Xvalve field strip screw.

One way to combat this is to find an old powertube spacer, and slice it with a dremel. (making a C type shape) One slice is fine. Then compress it into the hole in the gripframe/rail. This should snug things up fine.

MagPride
01-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Won't work correctly b/c the field strip screw will move around in the rail bushing. The RT Classic banjo bolt is considerably larger than the classic/Xvalve field strip screw.

One way to combat this is to find an old powertube spacer, and slice it with a dremel. (making a C type shape) One slice is fine. Then compress it into the hole in the gripframe/rail. This should snug things up fine.

i checked my automag 68 valve fits on my RT ULE so ill throw that on there and steal my 68's spacer. i should be spitting hot soon. Throw the level 10 from the old RT parts on the classic 68 valve, ill be in business. and HEY i can shoot co2, badarseness.