01-09-2006, 11:22 AM
I have just recently purchased a good used automag classic. I feel
as if I made a great choice with the gun and am happy with the performace
since i'm not really a touney type player. We (mostly family) play alot in the
woods with the casual pasture included. I was wondering if anyone can give
me some advise on some good fairly inexpensive upgrades that might make
my game a lil better.

Note* we all use C02 and a different gas system wouldn't help me a whole
lot since its a small town and C02 is only available.

Thanks for any help you may be,

David

neppo1345
01-09-2006, 11:43 AM
I'd have to say go with the Level 10 (http://www.themagsmith.com/) upgrade...It takes a little tuning, but when set up properly you can virtually eliminate paint breakage due to the bolt chopping a half fed ball...

A motorized hopper (VL Revolution) (if you don't already have one)

A good ($50-&100) barrel from Dye, Smart Parts, or any of the other major manufacturers (im personally a Dye guy). Probably best to buy these used (here on AO) as many manufacturers don't make the twist lock style barrel anymore...cheaper too, a barrel once costing $100+ can often be found for $20-$25.

Thats really all I can think of thats fairly inexpensive...thats what makes the mag such a great gun for rec players is that with those three upgrades the gun will work amazingly for anyone just out to shoot around with friends and family on the weekends...

Good luck, glad you like tha mag...

-Tim

Oh...and Welcome to AO

abilliott
01-09-2006, 11:56 AM
I'd have to say go with the Level 10 (http://www.themagsmith.com/) upgrade...It takes a little tuning, but when set up properly you can virtually eliminate paint breakage due to the bolt chopping a half fed ball...

A motorized hopper (VL Revolution) (if you don't already have one)

A good ($50-&100) barrel from Dye, Smart Parts, or any of the other major manufacturers (im personally a Dye guy). Probably best to buy these used (here on AO) as many manufacturers don't make the twist lock style barrel anymore...cheaper too, a barrel once costing $100+ can often be found for $20-$25.

Thats really all I can think of thats fairly inexpensive...thats what makes the mag such a great gun for rec players is that with those three upgrades the gun will work amazingly for anyone just out to shoot around with friends and family on the weekends...

Good luck, glad you like tha mag...

-Tim

Oh...and Welcome to AO

Is the bolt very difficult to tune? And yes I'm very happy with it, in fact I ran about 1500 rounds saturday with everyone and not a single chop.

Thanks for the imput

david

craltal
01-09-2006, 12:55 PM
sounds like it's working well for you as is, what don't you like about it (that way we can address those issues)

abilliott
01-09-2006, 01:05 PM
sounds like it's working well for you as is, what don't you like about it (that way we can address those issues)

Well I don't really know. I know that sounds a lil silly but I've never shot a really nice
gun. I just want to improve a lil on whats there. I would like a lil more accuracy which
will be improved by a nice barrel. (suggestions) . I have not played in very cold weather
yet and I know i will be playing at some time or another when its between 30-40 degees F
and I have heard there are potencial problems there. Also what would be the recomended velocity? It didn't seen to shoot as fast as the tippmanns I was playing with. I know it can be adjusted but it seemed to have a leaking point when I tryed to turn it up more?

David

craltal
01-09-2006, 01:16 PM
Well I don't really know. I know that sounds a lil silly but I've never shot a really nice
gun. I just want to improve a lil on whats there. I would like a lil more accuracy which
will be improved by a nice barrel. (suggestions) . I have not played in very cold weather
yet and I know i will be playing at some time or another when its between 30-40 degees F
and I have heard there are potencial problems there. Also what would be the recomended velocity? It didn't seen to shoot as fast as the tippmanns I was playing with. I know it can be adjusted but it seemed to have a leaking point when I tryed to turn it up more?

David

An expansion chamber as a fore grip with the CO2 would be a good start as would making sure that your tank has an anti-siphon tube installed (unless you are running remote)

Make sure you adjust the velocity with the help of a chrono. I've had a mag shoot 428 fps without leaking past the over-pressure valve so be careful there.

As far as shooting faster, a double trigger frame will help with that as it'll be easier to get a rhythm going, but don't expect to be going too crazy with a mechanical gun...

Hope that helps as a start. Let em know if you have any more questions or would like sme clarification