PDA

View Full Version : Is the new Tac8 is a Blowforward?

CaptainNeeda
01-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey, I was just poking around the net and came across the new tac8. Some places are saying that it's a blow forward. Anyone else hear about this?

http://www.tiberiusarms.com/

Outlaw5
01-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Yes, the TAC-8 is a blow forward. I tested the first pre-production prototype and the first production prototype. The marker is a blow forward design not unlike the automag. The design of the valve is in a different configuration but the principle is the same. The barrel is even a twist lock design that resembles the automag twist lock design.

Overall I believe this to be a great marker. I have tested the marker in temps from 38 degrees up to 60 degrees and the minimum shots per 12 gram was 24, three magazines worth. The magazine design is by far the part of the marker that is most revolutionary. Upon pushing the mag release the mag will pop out of the grip with the use of residual CO2 because the magazine has a built in check valve to allow CO2 into the marker when depressed through locking in the magazine and this holds the 12 grams pressure when this check valve is closed by releasing the magazine. In 60 Degree weather I got close to 30 to 32 shots per 12 gram. In the summer I believe you will get close to 36 shots per 12 gram which translates into 4 magazine reloads with a few extra shots as you go through the rounds in the magazine. In otherwords once the rounds are gone if you pull the trigger again you will still get a full magazine once reloaded without having to worry exactly how many shot were fired.

The marker is extremely light and wields well with medium to large hands. Small hands will need to stretch just alittle for one hand grip. For anyone into scenario this is a must marker. For most woodsball players, if you like having a sidarm then this is the sidearm for you. Remember to get two to three more magazines (For the scenario player) or one to two magazines for the woodsballer with a side arm. You will not be disappointed in this purchase. Once I get my money together I will purchase this marker.

Enjoy, MAJ Jerry Perkins, SF, De Oppresso Liber

punkncat
01-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Wow the previous post stinks of biased spam-like adposting....

Got to say though the pistol does look like a great idea.

M98Punk
01-09-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that! But it does look like a nice little gun even if a splatmaster has a sexier trigger :p

Jackel411
01-10-2006, 01:02 AM
Yep blow foward more freestyle than mag..

Ive got one myself... Love it... only issues I have so far are just silly things.. like forgetting to load mags with live 12 grams , and running out of air mid field..

Outlaw5
01-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Punkcat and M98Punk.....To let you know I don't work for this company, I am a United States Army Officer who has been to combat a couple of times. My allegence is to soldiers not a paintball company, so if I feel this is a great product for the player I will tell you that and nothing more. If you don't buy it I give two S**ts so you can take your assumptions about what people write and FILE IT!!!!! Don't buy it! That is fine with me but before you start to label individuals in this forum you might want to take a post for what it is worth and not look into diabolical ad schemes......... You two gentlemen are the reason I post seldom and laugh at posts like the ones you present. The whole question people on forums should ask about posts is.....so what? Does it hurt me or is it completely hype.....of course neither of you two genetlemen know if it is hype because it looks like neither of you have ever held, operated or fired the marker....but thanks for your input to help people understand what kind of marker is being reviewed and talked about.........

Death of Rats
01-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Outlaw I can understand where the two of them thought you were posting as a representative of the company with your remark about the first pre-production prototype and the first production prototype. As well as going into a deep explanation that wasn't neccasarily needed for the question yet appreciated. Those two items made me think that you were affiliated with the company as well. Sorry for the pre-conceived notions by myself as well.

I think the idea of the marker is sound and it looks intersting to say the least, I hope I get a chance to try it out sometime in the near future.

M98Punk
01-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Let me get the ladder so I can climb to the top of the pedestal :rolleyes:

Seriously, who talks like that outside of ads and sitcoms? Well Dr.Frasier Crane aside, I do have this to say, my friend Bill actually has one and loved it but was very sad when one of his clips broke because they are pretty pricey and after trying to fix it himself and messing it up more he called the company and they sent a replacement free to him.

Phantom_Mag
01-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I wouldnt call it talking like that, id discribe it as a useful post. I comment like that as well when tring to help. Outlaw5, Im in the same boat as you, rarely post, but always laugh. Thanks for the words, its too bad people dont say thanks anymore, just stupid unneccasary comments. It always intrested me how it works, and you summed it up in one post and i dont have to page through a long thread.
Thanks,
Mike

AgentSmith
01-10-2006, 12:13 PM
It's the way of the world now to call anyone with anything positive to say a spy? Are we to be punished for proper diction and grammar? :tard:

After playing 'pistol primary' since the 80'S and recently getting a chance to shoot around with this paintpistol, I'm ready to sound like I work for them, too!!!

Sometimes we try to cover ALL the bases in one post and it can sound a little funny, but sometimes a product is so far ahead of the competition that you can't help sounding like a salesman if you're HONEST.

Newer players might not appreciate the fact that pistol players like myself have been ignored, abused and maltreated by EVERY company that's ever been in paintball, so it's a real surprise to see a nice product roll by.

If anything is made for the pistol player, it's a 'backup'(codeword for poor quality and durability) or it's designed to shoot 10 paintballs a DAY!
Even this design should've had TWO magazines that went in the grip seperately, one for co2 and one for paint, so I wouldn't need $500 in mags just to carry 80 rounds of paint.

IMO, this is the best paintball pistol I've ever shot. No offense to the Sydarm, which was a training tool not even sold to paintballers originally(I'M STILL BITTER!) or the Palmer Guns, which I love also(or the eagle68,or the splatmaster Rapide), but none of them compare with this gun for 'pistolness' except the 3357 revolver.

That's right, the only real competition this gun has, shot 50 caliber paint and went out of production over a dozen years ago!

The fact that they were willing to send out a replacement magazine sounds pretty promising M98punk, Don't worry, I won't accuse you of working for them!!!

Rob

tyrion2323
01-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Punkcat and M98Punk.....To let you know I don't work for this company, I am a United States Army Officer who has been to combat a couple of times. My allegence is to soldiers not a paintball company, so if I feel this is a great product for the player I will tell you that and nothing more. If you don't buy it I give two S**ts so you can take your assumptions about what people write and FILE IT!!!!! Don't buy it! That is fine with me but before you start to label individuals in this forum you might want to take a post for what it is worth and not look into diabolical ad schemes......... You two gentlemen are the reason I post seldom and laugh at posts like the ones you present. The whole question people on forums should ask about posts is.....so what? Does it hurt me or is it completely hype.....of course neither of you two genetlemen know if it is hype because it looks like neither of you have ever held, operated or fired the marker....but thanks for your input to help people understand what kind of marker is being reviewed and talked about.........

They didn't teach you to hold your temper in the Army, eh? Geez Louise.

Robbie
01-10-2006, 03:02 PM
wow
blah blah blah
i am calling shens
i have had a few of these guns for over a month & had a chance to play with them.
speed ball & woods ball
1. weight i would not say it was extremly light. it weighs as much as my x mag.and next to some pistols it would seem heavy
2. min 24 shots bah i have yet to hit 24 shots at 280 fps as for 36 shots you can wish in one hand and ....well you can finish
3.as for it being the most revolutionary gun i dont think so. barrel is a twist lock Hmmm where have i seen that ....a main spring that resets the bolt ...... a bolt that looks like a level 7 .....2 nubbins for ball detents..... and a reg that looks like it came from a squall ....
Maybe my 12 gram co2 suck i was using crossman.
Here is the good news
The fact that it is clip fed is cool ....really cool.
The gun is well built if it ever stopped working you could deffinitely beat some one down with it.
The sear release is different .
It does hold 8 in the clip & the co2 does seal when you eject the clip
I think it is the coolest thing to hit paintball in a while.
Buy it
Tell your friends to buy it
I would buy the extra clips
It is a cheap way to play paintball
You wont be dissapointed

This post is not here to slam anyone

KayleAGD
01-11-2006, 11:23 AM
From what I have seen of the TAC-8 It operates much like a mag other than it has no on/off assembly (thus avoiding tom's patent). They are quite large but it takes alot of room for 8 balls and a co2.
Alot of thought has gone into the design with nice creature comforts. The test will be the reliability.
When asked if I wanted to shoot one at IAO I said " No I want to take it apart". stll waiting on that answer..

anyway gun looks interesting and a new approach , not just another clone.

CaptainNeeda
01-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Dam, I just wanted to know if it was a blow forward... Thanks though =)

KayleAGD
01-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Dam, I just wanted to know if it was a blow forward... Thanks though =)

Oh ..... Yes.

behemoth
01-11-2006, 03:15 PM
When asked if I wanted to shoot one at IAO I said " No I want to take it apart".

Tinkerer at heart.

paint magnet
01-13-2006, 12:41 AM
IMO, this is the best paintball pistol I've ever shot. No offense to the Sydarm, which was a training tool not even sold to paintballers originally(I'M STILL BITTER!) or the Palmer Guns, which I love also(or the eagle68,or the splatmaster Rapide), but none of them compare with this gun for 'pistolness' except the 3357 revolver.

That's right, the only real competition this gun has, shot 50 caliber paint and went out of production over a dozen years ago!

The fact that they were willing to send out a replacement magazine sounds pretty promising M98punk, Don't worry, I won't accuse you of working for them!!!

Rob

I'd think the Para-Ordinance Mod 85 would be the closest thing to a paintball pistol ever made, seeing as how it was technically a firearm.

Does the TAC-8 have a reciprocating slide? Is it DAO?
*edit*
Just realized that if it was blow-foward, it couldn't be double-action :tard:

psychowarden
01-13-2006, 12:48 AM
:clap: Man, I love the 3357. Damn those are fun. Scares the crap out of the new kids. I played with one at a local field once.

Robbie
01-13-2006, 11:40 AM
they were alot of fun the 50 cal paint was a pain to get.
I had to get rid of mine.
we had tested on people to see if the paint would break and after getting shot in the back a few times with no breaks that was the end of that.
moved on to the king cobra

punkncat
01-13-2006, 11:41 AM

WOW!!! Please don't come and remove my skin....lol.

Your post did really seem unusually biased towards the product. It is not unusual around paintball forums to see this type of thing. I am really glad that you are pleased with the product and willing to share your enthusiasm for it with others.

Just keep in mind bro...its just the INTARWEB.... :D No need to let it get to you.