PDA

View Full Version : OGD 2006: Team AO

Lohman446
01-10-2006, 06:25 PM
At this point it looks like I will be able to attend this event, and serve once again as team captain for AO. AO took second place last time, mostly by luck and with the help of Robbie The information I have is still scarce, but I will put out what is there. Those interested in participating, contact me.

When: October 7th and 8th

Where: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Hotel: http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=VSBEAYSWY5HQOCSGBIX222QKIYF CXUUC?ctyhocn=MYRCCHX I have booked us two rooms starting the afternoon of the 6th through the morning of the 8th. Cost for the rooms is $456 + tax (both rooms, both nights). These will be divided by the people staying in the rooms. That gives us a max cap. of 8 people so let me know what you need for hotel.

Cost: $150 per player includes entrance and jersey (possibly more) DOES NOT INCLUDE HOTEL

Confirmed players:

1) Lohman446 (paid) - Robert Lohman

2) Zackzel (paid) - Zack

3) Wknight (paid) -

4) Resurection (paid) - Dave Rozelle

5) Robbie

6) Guysdaman (pending Devilmag, USAF scheduling, and payment)

The 2006 OGD will be held in conjunction with the CFOA as many of you
are already aware. We have, however, been holding the date and
location back. Today, I am proud to announce that information.

Wilmington, NC will play host to the 2006 OGD on October 7 & 8.

The Wilmington CFOA event will be held in conjunction with
Wilmington's annual RiverJam event. We will be announcing an
official OGD hotel with discouted rates shortly and more information
about the location.

Please note, the CFOA has not announced this location yet because
the details on their end are not finalized. While this is the
expected date and is the plan at the moment, it cannot be confirmed.
We strongly recommend waiting to make travel plans until we can give
you better assurances that we will be in Wilmington

Please call me or IM me if you have quetsions

Kevin

Kevin Cullen
President,
Owners Group Paintball
Kevin@OGPaintball.com
http://www.OGPaintball.com

check out the press release guys:

May 23, 2006
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Owners Group Paintball has partnered with the Carolina Field Owners Association for the 2006 paintball season. The CFOA planned to take their season finale, “River Jam” to Wilmington, NC. However, plans there did not work out and we went in search of another location. OGP is very happy to announce that the 2006 Owners Group Division will be held, as a part of the CFOA season finale, in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on October 7th and 8th.

The CFOA is planning an event to be held at Broadway at the Beach, one of the top vacation destinations in South Carolina. Broadway is where “Myrtle Beach comes to life.” OGP has confirmed this information with the CFOA and, unlike earlier, recommend that you begin planning your trip to Myrtle Beach as soon as possible. Information will be forthcoming on the OGP website, http://www.ogpaintball.com, very shortly.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in early October.

For More Information, Please Visit:
http://www.ogpaintball.com
http://www.thecfoa.com

Troen
01-10-2006, 06:46 PM
leave my contact info for when things get finalized later on...
John Simkus
Aim-xsimkusx
email- troen.dcf@gmail.com

Lohman446
01-10-2006, 06:47 PM
John contacted me first :) obviously things don't get finalized yet, and it wont be for some time. I intend to limit the amount of people to some degree... but not even a concern yet. If I have a way to contact you, as more info becomes available, and know who is interested, it would be convenient

BobTheCow
01-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Good lord you're quick!!

October can't come soon enough. :) Good times...

punkncat
01-10-2006, 07:16 PM
What is the OGD?

onedude36
01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
What is the OGD?

Its the owners group division i think. I really wanted to be able to play this event, but seeing as im in arizona and only 16, i dont think i will be able to :(

AGDlover
01-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm in and I'm playing back damn it! lol yea since last OGD i've been playing back the hole time so its my new friend You should have my info though Rob if not:
Andrew Seltzer
AIM: NFDimebagDarrell
AGDlover08@sbcglobal.net

BobTheCow
01-10-2006, 07:38 PM
OGD = Owner's Group Division. All the teams are made up of players sporting a specific company's marker, so we've got teams representing Automags, AKA, DYE, Brass Eagle, Palmer, 'cockers, Shockers, Tippmann, etc. Previously a part of the IAO, it's splitting off this year to join the CFOA, and promises to be the best Owner's Group paintball yet!!

Updates will be announced through www.ogpaintball.com and you can also find a bunch of other great resoures there, such as event-specific forums, rules, info on past events, and eventually the ability to register your team for the event and find travel information.

Not that I'm biased or anything. :)

Resurection
01-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I would like to be put on that list as well. It will be a month or two before things are solidified for me, but I will plan for this.

Dave Rozelle
drozelle AT tampabay.rr.com
Clearwater, FL

Robbie
01-10-2006, 08:47 PM
hey did someone say owners group :ninja:
i think we need to get a little sponsership this time.
say some hot new sofware to for the mags
tell kevin to take a harder line on the gun issue .
you bring a piece of crap ...you play with that piece of crap ...even if it doesnt work
i dont care if you have to fling pooh it better say rainmaker on the side of it.
bahabhabbaaaa
bhabahhaaa
baaa
ha
ohhhh
hahahaaaa :rofl:

minimag03
01-10-2006, 10:51 PM
I might be able to play in this one. Lohman446, I'm not going to put down my infomation yet, but if you absolutly need a player I can help. At the very least I could loan my Mag to you guys as a back-up.

zackzel
01-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Count me in again this year. I will only be around till the 18th of this month, then off to basic but I will be back again late April. But mark me down and I can pay you now, or when I get back.

Kevmaster
01-11-2006, 03:04 PM
I <3 Ogd

zackzel
01-11-2006, 04:56 PM
I <3 Ogd

Me too, I am really looking forward to it this year.

The Action Figure
01-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Wow its close to me I may have to get a mag to play in it.
Are there tryouts?
How Good do you have to be?

BobTheCow
01-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Are there tryouts?
No.
Not very.
:)

The point of OGD is to get people together that have, for the most part, never played together or necessarily even met before. Generally they know eachother through online owner's groups, like AO. It's a FUN event, and there's a whole huge range of skill levels on the field at any one time. :)

Kevmaster
01-11-2006, 06:20 PM
if you had to be good, lohman wouldn't be playing...much less the captain

/zing
//oh man...i did it

AGDlover
01-11-2006, 06:47 PM
hahahahaha OWNED BY KEV!

Resurection
01-11-2006, 09:59 PM
The OGD site doesn't have reg info yet. What type of costs are we talking about? I gotta make sure plans are in order. :)

Lohman446
01-11-2006, 10:06 PM
if you had to be good, lohman wouldn't be playing...much less the captain

/zing
//oh man...i did it

All I have to do is stay more sober than everyone else. I was impressed Kevin made it to the second day though.... apparently we will need to buy you more drinks this year

/Still got me
//Why dont I have a comeback?
///Back to looking to build the ultimate paintball transportation vehicle
////its top secret, but it involves a 71 passenger bus...

Kevmaster
01-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Im hangoverless....try me...

SpitFire1299
01-12-2006, 07:49 AM
I really wish i could go/my team. We all shoot mags.

AzrealDarkmoonZ
01-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Well if Kev drank drinks with "bomb" in the name, instead of drinks with "sunset" and "fruit" in the title he would get a hangover ;)

MicroMiniMe
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Are there tryouts?

I think the real answer is: good enough to NOT throw your marker and argue with referees.

IAO is about fun and sportsmanship. See Cameo.

Robbie
01-12-2006, 09:36 AM
what were only there for fun ...thanks now you tell me
Lohman bet me a dollar we could knock out aftica
bahaaabahaa
hopefully it will be alot of fun
and no crazy stunts messing up the ankel dj
zackzel let me know how you like that predator board with micro

zackzel
01-12-2006, 09:59 AM

The predator board was great with the micro switch. Took a little getting used to but the gun was really fast. My only gripe with the gun was it was almost impossible to clean as you couldn't take it apart because the eyes were epoxied into the body. But it shot amazing.

Rudz
01-12-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm in. Its a long ways away, and I'm sure the price isn't a problem. Btw any one know if its a byop, or will paint be provided, for purchase...so the game plan is to out drink all the other owners groups? I have faith in ao from what I here we have no problem holding alchohol...

Rudz
Ralph Uriarte
RUdzeyenrkncpt@aol.com

phantomhitman
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM
If i put a agd sticker on the side of my dm can i play with you guys? I have to find out who is going from the matrix owners because wilmington is just a 45 minute drive away.

Robbie
01-12-2006, 12:24 PM
zackzel you got any pics you can post.
did the matix guys even crack the prelims
bahahhha
you should trade it for a palmer those guys did great.
yeah

BobTheCow
01-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Argh, somewhere on the internet exists a photo of the scoreboard after all the prelim games, after I changed AFTICA to DRUNKS (they nailed their 9th place goal, whatever). Unfortunately, all I seem to be able to find now are drunk pictures. Lots and lots of drunk pictures. :(

e: Here's what I was thinking of, but it's not ranked in order. Good thing my handwriting's awesome. :tard: The numbers in the far right column are what place each team was in after the prelims.

http://www.noodlehoops.net/images/albums/album10/DSC00081.sized.jpg

2nd e: here (http://www.beog.org/events/iao2005/scores.html)'s the official scoring for everything, including semis and finals.

AGDlover
01-12-2006, 06:03 PM
what were only there for fun ...thanks now you tell me
Lohman bet me a dollar we could knock out aftica
bahaaabahaa
hopefully it will be alot of fun
and no crazy stunts messing up the ankel dj

Or me bashing my shoulder into the ground in the snake in finals

zackzel
01-12-2006, 06:11 PM
zackzel you got any pics you can post.

Actually I sold the gun to A-Tach-One. He currently has it up for sale again here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187574

He is a really nice guy though so if you shoot him a pm I'm sure he can get you some pics of the micro switch and stuff it was actually really clever the way it was mounted. He had it mounted above the trigger and had a spring return. was really nice.

dj89
01-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I'll play again this year.
Dj West
AIM XT00021
airgundesigns@gmail.com

Troen
01-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I'll play again this year.
Dj West
AIM XT00021
airgundesigns@gmail.com
your screen name is your mag seriel number? sweet.

Resurection
01-13-2006, 08:03 PM
I just realized that if the OGD is in October, does that mean the IAO is really a possible NON-event this year?

AGDlover
01-14-2006, 11:26 AM
OGD wont be at IAO this year its going to be in NC for CFOA

mobsterboy
01-14-2006, 12:45 PM
oh yeah. I think im gonna go to this. My hypermag will volunteer me... :D Now all i need is a little more cash, a little less procrastination, and tuna's help

Edit: Paintmagnet will prob be coming too, if he can hold onto a mag for that long. TAF, Daniel's coming even if we have to kidnap him, or maybe it would be Dan-Napping :rofl:

Resurection
01-14-2006, 12:49 PM
everything appears a GO for me and my Devilmag to represent.

Cameo
01-15-2006, 02:50 AM
I think the real answer is: good enough to NOT throw your marker and argue with referees.

IAO is about fun and sportsmanship. See Cameo.

did someone call???

The fact is OGD is great in the way that you can pick up a gun for the first time 10 minutes before going on the feild and still get respect.. Even better you can go the next year, be yourself, have fun, meet lots of great and wonderful players (and mentors) and go home with a pretty new toy...

just for those that have never seen it.
http://static.flickr.com/32/60184824_d934abc763.jpg?v=0

more pics are here
www.cameosteph.com (http://www.cameosteph.com)

really looking forward to seeing everyone in October..
ps: just because I have a xcal does not mean I am leaving my wonderful POG boys :hail:

Alley
01-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Are there tryouts?

I played paintball the very first time ever in this tournament! Seems towards the end it wasnt how good you were it was just if you actually paid and showed up.....Didn't have a lot of rotation on the sidelines as I played like 8 - 10 games for AFTICA, and probably screwed up every single one!! :)

blykins
01-17-2006, 01:11 AM
Will RT's be legal? How will they enforce emag owners from switching from Electronic mode to mechanical mode during a game? Mechanical mode bounces and would make the marker illegal under NPPL rules right? If my RT and Xmag will be legal then i'm definately going to make it out to 2006 OGD.

Lohman446
01-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Will RT's be legal? How will they enforce emag owners from switching from Electronic mode to mechanical mode during a game? Mechanical mode bounces and would make the marker illegal under NPPL rules right? If my RT and Xmag will be legal then i'm definately going to make it out to 2006 OGD.

They will enforce it like this. If I beleive for a moment that anyone on me team cheated, they will not play another game. Even if we go out with four people.

Robbie
01-17-2006, 09:06 AM
I belive the rts are not allowed.
As far as e/x-mags they did not require you to remove the trigger rod.
The OG division has different rules than a normal tourney & alot stiffer penalties.
I dont think i saw 1 penalty last year. I might have missed it iwas a little busy but i dont think it happened.
What stops you from switching modes and cheating. Pride.... Respect ......for the event, your team, this sport,and yourself .....if you dont have it you cant play.
It was my favorite tourney last year i didnt have to worry about the wiping, playing on , overshooting , shooting from the dead box......it was truely a great time.
plus there is like 6 months of trash talking ( 3 before & 3 after)

Dominic
01-17-2006, 10:34 AM
I understand that you may not have much yet but any will do. This is my first post. Been on for a long time but never posted always read. I have been trying to get people around me to play and itjust is not working. I would love to get involved in something like this. I have 3 mags: x-mag, mini/RT, and classic. AGD makes the most quality equipment and I would like the opprotunity to get in on this.

BobTheCow
01-17-2006, 11:24 AM
I understand that you may not have much yet but any will do. This is my first post. Been on for a long time but never posted always read. I have been trying to get people around me to play and itjust is not working. I would love to get involved in something like this. I have 3 mags: x-mag, mini/RT, and classic. AGD makes the most quality equipment and I would like the opprotunity to get in on this.
What more information are you looking for? I can probably help. The only requirement to participate is that you'll play with some sort of mag. Lohman is captaining one Automag-owners team, but if there's enough interest, additional teams are certainly allowable.

The Owner's Group Division event will be part of the CFOA (Carolina Field Owner's Association) event on October 7 and 8 (Saturday and Sunday), in Wilmington, North Carolina.

Most people coming from out of town will arrive sometime on Friday, and the captain's meeting will probably be Friday evening. All the prelim games will be on Saturday, and unless there is a huge increase in number of teams from last year, you'll get to play quite a bit. :) Then, I believe the finals will also be held on Saturday, which is different from last year.

A week or two ago Kev was explaining to me an idea for something new on Sunday that sounds pretty cool, an "OGD All-Stars." The top two teams will pick two players, and the third and fourth place teams will pick one player, and those six people will form an impromptu five-man team to play as the OGD All-Stars in the novice division play on Sunday.

Hmm, possible side track there, but I'm not really sure what else you want to know. There will be an official hotel with rooms reserved, but that hasn't quite been decided on or announced yet. www.ogpaintball.com will any have official updates as they're released, and other information as it's settled upon.

What else are ya lookin' to figure out?

edit: Oh, and expect copious amounts of drinking to be done by all parties involved both nights. :cool: If that's not your thing, then you'll likely have a distinct playing advantage. :D

Dominic
01-17-2006, 11:48 AM
What more information are you looking for? I can probably help. The only requirement to participate is that you'll play with some sort of mag. Lohman is captaining one Automag-owners team, but if there's enough interest, additional teams are certainly allowable.

The Owner's Group Division event will be part of the CFOA (Carolina Field Owner's Association) event on October 7 and 8 (Saturday and Sunday), in Wilmington, North Carolina.

Most people coming from out of town will arrive sometime on Friday, and the captain's meeting will probably be Friday evening. All the prelim games will be on Saturday, and unless there is a huge increase in number of teams from last year, you'll get to play quite a bit. :) Then, I believe the finals will also be held on Saturday, which is different from last year.

A week or two ago Kev was explaining to me an idea for something new on Sunday that sounds pretty cool, an "OGD All-Stars." The top two teams will pick two players, and the third and fourth place teams will pick one player, and those six people will form an impromptu five-man team to play as the OGD All-Stars in the novice division play on Sunday.

Hmm, possible side track there, but I'm not really sure what else you want to know. There will be an official hotel with rooms reserved, but that hasn't quite been decided on or announced yet. www.ogpaintball.com will any have official updates as they're released, and other information as it's settled upon.

What else are ya lookin' to figure out?

edit: Oh, and expect copious amounts of drinking to be done by all parties involved both nights. :cool: If that's not your thing, then you'll likely have a distinct playing advantage. :D

I just read someone said something about needing to put money in now, that was the main thing I wanted to know. Everything else sounds great and I will be there. Thank you for the info. Afraid I will not have an advantage. :) :cheers:

Lohman446
01-17-2006, 11:53 AM
I'll put up when we are ready for money. If we get 10 people we will split it into two teams at that point. Last time we had a ton of interest, and then five people when it came time to put up money. Those same five seem to be expressing interest again, with some new blood.

Muzikman
01-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Not that I'll be playing with AO, but the OGP will be some of the most fun you will have playing paintball, both on the field and off.

Dominic
01-17-2006, 12:10 PM
I understand all to well how that goes. I am serious about going to this. Sounds like a really good time. :)

magman007
01-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Lohmans too good for MO.com? or are you just lookin to get shot in the dome again? :)

Lohman446
01-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Lohmans too good for MO.com? or are you just lookin to get shot in the dome again? :)

I should play on MO by rights, considering its what I shoot. But this forum is my home. And I do have to at least attempt to help Robbie :).

/Besides, I already explained to you what would happen if Robbie was left alone.. more so

Kevmaster
01-17-2006, 03:35 PM
in regards to XMags and RT mags...

1) its all about pride...im willing to give you a hell of a lot of trust that you anrt going to go out and cheat on me and that you arnt going to try to take a shortcut and turn up the reactivity and flip into hybrid mode. that is...im willing to do it until you show me otherwise...at which point you wont be playing in my event any longer.

2) we'll play off of slightly modified PSP rules. the exact rules will not be known until later

zackzel
01-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Well guys I am leaving on Military commitment until sometime in May. Make sure you get me on that roster and lohman I will square up with you on money when I return. Hope everyone has a great couple of months and I will miss this place while I am gone.

Goodbye Everyone,
Zack

Muzikman
01-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Later Zack, and good luck.

Alley
01-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Well guys I am leaving on Military commitment until sometime in May. Make sure you get me on that roster and lohman I will square up with you on money when I return. Hope everyone has a great couple of months and I will miss this place while I am gone.

Goodbye Everyone,
Zack

Yeah Zack good luck, you'll be in great shape to run the fields after you get back!! basic will make sure of that! Good luck and hope its not all bad!

Robbie
01-17-2006, 06:02 PM
later zack stay safe
see you oct.
ps ...real bullets go through air bunkers

Robbie
01-17-2006, 06:07 PM
hey
i missed something

Besides, I already explained to you what would happen if Robbie was left alone.. more so

im thinkin this about me & its probably bad........

Lohman446
01-17-2006, 06:09 PM
You're spot is saved here Zak. Just be careful and make sure you can still fill it :).

Resurection
01-17-2006, 06:20 PM
in regards to XMags and RT mags...

1) its all about pride...im willing to give you a hell of a lot of trust that you anrt going to go out and cheat on me and that you arnt going to try to take a shortcut and turn up the reactivity and flip into hybrid mode. that is...im willing to do it until you show me otherwise...at which point you wont be playing in my event any longer.

2) we'll play off of slightly modified PSP rules. the exact rules will not be known until later

Someone help me out. I have a classic RT, how is that gun not tourney legal? But ramping and crap is? Maybe I am just misunderstanding something. And what about my Devilmag on semi mode? Legal or no?

Kevmaster
01-17-2006, 06:32 PM
im speaking on my opinion right now and not on the opinion of the OGD. The 2006 OGD rules have NOT been released

ramping is also frowned upon. I do not believe we will allow ramping in the OGD, and we will likely also disallow RTs in hyper-reactive mode.

thats why i said BASED on 2006 PSP rules. there WILL be modifications to the rules, and i do not know what they will be as of yet. We will figure that out sometime in May-June when we open registration.

Cameo
01-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Zack.. good luck... take care...
when you get back some practice will be in order, I am thining x cal vs x cal at the childrens camp if you are up to it...

bob, kev,
the all star team sounds like gread fun!!! can i be the unofficial cheerleader? or POD wentch... I am good at both of those. Just give me a name tag and i will be tickled pink :p

odd i am almost more excited about wilmington, NC then I am about Vegas and Sacremento for my birthday.... wait that might be pushing it a bit.. :dance:

which brings up another question, is there anything I can do to help you guys out? I know you take on alot, I would like to ease the burdon just a bit.. let me know.

~CAMEO

blykins
01-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Someone help me out. I have a classic RT, how is that gun not tourney legal? But ramping and crap is? Maybe I am just misunderstanding something. And what about my Devilmag on semi mode? Legal or no?

Ramping can be capped at a certain BPS. Xvalve'd mechanical mags and mechanical moded e/x-mags cannot be capped.

Rudz
01-18-2006, 12:24 AM
i cant wait, this is gonna be sweet, zak be safe bro..see you all in oct..bringing my tunamax...and there is plenty of time to recieve my devilmag...is it possible??? lets hope...btw whats the rough price on this?

Lohman446
03-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Up with new info from Kev

Rumors have circulated that the OGD will not be in existance any longer. This is not not the case. There will be an OGD and 2006 (and hopefully years after that) and it will be held at the 2006 October CFOA event. We believe this event will be in Wilmington, NC. However, these details are unconfirmed as of yet with the CFOA. If this location falls through, the event will be held in another beautiful location on the same weekend. Please wait until OGP gives final confirmation to book travel plans.

Prices will be set at $375 per team. This, combined with bring your own paint, should provide a much cheaper event than in years past. Should you need to purchase paint at the event, it will be on sale starting around $50/case.

The OGP staff has expanded in recent weeks as it has become an officially registered corporation in the state of North Carolina. Philip Given, Paul Valle and Toni Hauser have all been added as Vice Presidents to the staff of OGP. Philip Given will serve as Executive Vice President and will coordinate sponsorships and Paul and Toni will work on team recruitment and field operations. There combined experience in the paintball industry makes them extremely valuable and we are happy to have them on staff.

We hope to see you all in October. If you have questions, please direct them to Kevin, Kevin@OGPaintball.com, or ask them on the OGP forum located on PBNation.

Guys, $375 / 5 is about $75 a person. I have been considering asking for sponsorships, however in order to make it worth anyone's help we need to offer something. If I collected $150ish (likely $140) from all participants then I might be able to get us help from those in the industry by giving them space on a jersey (that would be included in the $150). The question is, do we want to risk it, be gaurenteed jersies and possible some help with paint at $150 or just do it at $75 and fend for ourselves? I lean towards risking it.

Pha|anx
03-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Any word on which other OGs are planning to send teams?

Lohman446
03-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Any word on which other OGs are planning to send teams?

Not entirely sure, I would expect a Palmers team, a Matrix team, and likely many others. There were 11 or 12 last year if I recall

MicroMiniMe
03-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Haha, he gave Philip and Toni actual titles. I'm sure it beats OGD sweatbacks.

Resurection
03-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Up with new info from Kev

Guys, $375 / 5 is about $75 a person. I have been considering asking for sponsorships, however in order to make it worth anyone's help we need to offer something. If I collected $150ish (likely $140) from all participants then I might be able to get us help from those in the industry by giving them space on a jersey (that would be included in the $150). The question is, do we want to risk it, be gaurenteed jersies and possible some help with paint at $150 or just do it at $75 and fend for ourselves? I lean towards risking it.

I am still interested in participating... My vote would be to do the $150 up front. Pay registration early (that's $75 each) and go for the jerseys. Then try to wrangle the sponsors with either patches, iron ons, (something that could be added to jersies later if needed) or just throw sponsor money towards paint.

I haven't worked sponsoships for many years so I might be off base.

Josh2Xtremes
03-03-2006, 01:42 AM
We at the CFOA are extremely excited to welcome the OGD to our family, and look forward to the best OGD event yet! Just to let everyone know, Procaps (Draxxus and family) have partnered with our league to create CFOA XBall Paintballs! That's right, fresh XBall Bronze, Silver and Gold paintballs at every CFOA event with the CFOA logo printed on every ball! Guaranteed freshness and quality from the best name in paintballs the sport has ever seen. CFOA XBall paintballs are available for sale at all CFOA events in 2006 for 40, 45 and 50 per case for Bronze, Silver and Gold respectively. Naturally, the CFOA remains a BRING YOUR OWN PAINT league, but this partnership with Draxxus / XBall enables us to offer our players the very best each time they step inside our net.

Anything we at the CFOA can do to help the OGD players prepare for 2006 is the least we can do, don't hesitate to contact us. I may be reached via my website, www.joshuasilverman.com

Josh

AGDlover
03-03-2006, 11:34 AM
YESSS CHEEP PAINT THIS YEAR!!!! lol Yea I'm still up I'm Down for Back/mid possion this year. Just lmk when your gonna start takeing money Lohman

Josh2Xtremes
03-03-2006, 12:04 PM
in addition to CFOA XBall paintballs from Procaps and the option of bringing paintballs to the event, National Paintball Supply is a league sponsor via Empire and their paintballs are also available for purchase at CFOA events. Figured I'd throw it out there in all fairness to our sponsors.

It'll be good to see some mags back in the CFOA. Maybe I'll dust off the XMag myself. ;)
Josh

Resurection
03-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Well since we are not a local team to the event, and travelling with paint sucks... the Xball balls sound like a nice alternative, and thus sponsorship is a matter of entry/jersey/travel offset expense.

Um, I am talking a lot... have we worked out who is really going? Isn't there a March or May deadline for signup for this event?

Lohman446
03-03-2006, 01:02 PM
At this point it appears

Me, Robbie (I think), I promised Zach his spot when he gets back, AGD lover, Resurection, and DJ. Six people is a single team. As to traveling with paint, I have never had an issue and will likely have lots of car space.

BobTheCow
03-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Ah jeez... looks like Kev got some real help for this year. My sex-e's been itching to make it back on a field. I'm sure as hell not gonna miss OGP... I may just have to play!

Lohman446
03-03-2006, 01:20 PM
I would personally like to see AO field two teams if we can get enough people interested.

REDRT
03-03-2006, 02:38 PM
I would personally like to meet the people I argue with on a daily bases. :D Also it has been along time since I watered the welcome to NC sign on I-40. I had my fair share of problems in NC. :rolleyes: I wonder if the Wilmington PD remembers me? :eek: I'm unclear as to the cost and other things as well. Do we have to bring a team down or just by ourselves. I seen a team cost and a couple different individual costs. I guess I'm cunfused in how this works. We show up to be teamed with our respective owners group? What is this a 5-man event? What is the deadline to join the merry band of mag brothern? It sounds like fun times. I just might go.

Resurection
03-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Well, driving yes - I suppose paint would survive. I am not of the personal opinion to NEVER drive in NC again. Seems that despite living there for almost a year, every time I visit, drive through, or near that state I get speeding/reckless driving tickets. :mad: :cuss: :mad:

So I would likely fly in, hitchhike to the field/hotel, and otherwise walk/stumble, etc. my way around town until it's time to leave. That would leave more money for paint and drinks while I am there. :ninja:

REDRT
03-03-2006, 11:17 PM
A quicky weekend. How much trouble could I possibly get into? :rolleyes: :D :cheers:

MicroMiniMe
03-04-2006, 01:00 PM
A quicky weekend. How much trouble could I possibly get into? :rolleyes: :D :cheers:

With AFTICA, carbombs, 'hooray beer' and the rest of the players? Plenty. It always seems to be the fun trouble every year.

Cameo
03-05-2006, 10:45 PM
We at the CFOA are extremely excited to welcome the OGD to our family, and look forward to the best OGD event yet! Just to let everyone know, Procaps (Draxxus and family) have partnered with our league to create CFOA XBall Paintballs! That's right, fresh XBall Bronze, Silver and Gold paintballs at every CFOA event with the CFOA logo printed on every ball! Guaranteed freshness and quality from the best name in paintballs the sport has ever seen. CFOA XBall paintballs are available for sale at all CFOA events in 2006 for 40, 45 and 50 per case for Bronze, Silver and Gold respectively. Naturally, the CFOA remains a BRING YOUR OWN PAINT league, but this partnership with Draxxus / XBall enables us to offer our players the very best each time they step inside our net.

Anything we at the CFOA can do to help the OGD players prepare for 2006 is the least we can do, don't hesitate to contact us. I may be reached via my website, www.joshuasilverman.com

Josh

Dear SIr,
In my book you rock.. thanks for taking on the OGD!!!!
~cameo

Cameo
03-05-2006, 10:48 PM
I would personally like to meet the people I argue with on a daily bases. :D Also it has been along time since I watered the welcome to NC sign on I-40. I had my fair share of problems in NC. :rolleyes: I wonder if the Wilmington PD remembers me? :eek: I'm unclear as to the cost and other things as well. Do we have to bring a team down or just by ourselves. I seen a team cost and a couple different individual costs. I guess I'm cunfused in how this works. We show up to be teamed with our respective owners group? What is this a 5-man event? What is the deadline to join the merry band of mag brothern? It sounds like fun times. I just might go.

OGD is set up so that internet groups could come together as a team. You show up, put a face with a name and pick a position... Hopefully you work well togther, if not you just play your best and show everyone else how classy and personable you can be. :clap:

Aslan
03-06-2006, 12:30 AM
This looks like it's a ton of fun...as long as Lohman leaves the Sig at home...hey, did you ever get that clip? Did it work okay? :ninja:

Anyways, this sounds cool...I probably can't go...but it sounds like a blast.

What is an "AFTICA" and why are they so bad? Was Brass Eagle there, or just Rainmakers OG? I also didn't see Kingman or Spyder OG.

Anyways, if I did go...would there be like a really, really, really good player to balance out my extreme lack of game? :shooting: :eek:

Too bad there wasn't an event like this closer to MI and in the woods...I might be of more value (and I stress might).

neppo1345
03-06-2006, 01:00 AM
If someone wants to swing through Cincinnati, I'm down to play...
AIM - Neppo1345
E-Mail - Britttj@email.uc.edu

Lohman446
03-06-2006, 06:54 AM
This looks like it's a ton of fun...as long as Lohman leaves the Sig at home...hey, did you ever get that clip? Did it work okay? :ninja:

Anyways, this sounds cool...I probably can't go...but it sounds like a blast.

What is an "AFTICA" and why are they so bad? Was Brass Eagle there, or just Rainmakers OG? I also didn't see Kingman or Spyder OG.

Anyways, if I did go...would there be like a really, really, really good player to balance out my extreme lack of game? :shooting: :eek:

Too bad there wasn't an event like this closer to MI and in the woods...I might be of more value (and I stress might).

Clip works wonderfully - and I have to look at the states I travel through to decide if I'll bring it :) AFTICA is... well AFTICA :) how else can one explain it.

UTDragun
03-06-2006, 07:11 AM
When is it, is it the same day as cfoa events? I am interested in playing for AO.

Cameo
03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Clip works wonderfully - and I have to look at the states I travel through to decide if I'll bring it :) AFTICA is... well AFTICA :) how else can one explain it.

AFTICA you gotta love them... they are the life of the party, and all so damn adorable. :cheers: (especially that Alley girl)

MicroMiniMe
03-06-2006, 04:11 PM
What is an "AFTICA" and why are they so bad?
AFTICA is A.nother T.ournament I. C.an't A.fford.
/seemed to have 'misplaced' a letter there ;)
AFTICA has traditionally been a Mag team.

AFTICA and Palmer's OG are pretty much the heart and soul of the OGD.
Have fun, play fair, is all there is.
Playing with a hangover is not a requirement. Much of the college and older crowd will have just as much, if not more, fun during nightly activities.

The OGD rewards sportsmanship over winning. The prizes for sportsmanship are on par if not better than the 1st place prizes.

Its an actual rule you can't live closer than 50 miles from a player on the same OG team. So there is always strangers, or people that meet up and play only at the OGD year after year.

Aslan
03-07-2006, 01:43 PM
I should play for them (AFTICA)...sportsmanship is my "only" game! :clap:

Lohman, glad the clip worked. Good luck interpreting the map...I have to do the same thing when I travel. :mad:

Rudz
03-07-2006, 09:20 PM
lohman i going to be on the ao team this year..all bs and bad blood aside..lol and i dont see a problem with the 150..after all im paying twice that just to fly out there..

Cameo
03-08-2006, 06:42 PM
I should play for them (AFTICA)...sportsmanship is my "only" game! :clap:

Lohman, glad the clip worked. Good luck interpreting the map...I have to do the same thing when I travel. :mad:

but AFTICA has never won sportsmanship..... look to the Palmers teams for that...

and a slight clarification.. AFTICA, POG, and BEOG were the inspiration for OGD

Resurection
03-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Status update?

Lohman446
03-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Still waiting for more / firmer info

Lohman446
03-22-2006, 02:41 PM
I was trying to come up with a fair way to do this, give those who participated last year as well as those that want to this year. Here it is, we beleive fully its going to be October 7th and 8th - so we are going with that. I'm going to open up registration and payment at this time. Event is expected to be at CFOA in North Carolina, venue to be announced and subject to change.

$150 per player includes:

Registration and Jersey at least

Possibly more depending on what I can get for sponsorship consideration.

From now until April 1st I am accepting funds from players on last years team to participate, after that I will open it up to others. Depending on the number of players we will field either one or two teams. I am going to limit the amount of players on a single team so it is going to be a first come, first serve basis. This may be lifted or modified to number of players depending on if we have enough for a second.

Player list so far (considered paid)
1) Lohman446 (me)
2) Zackzel (I promised Zack I would hold his spot until he got back from military service).
3) Wknight
4) resurection

Rudz
03-22-2006, 02:49 PM
sounds okay i guess...what jerseys are we talking about, new custom jerseys..or the ao jerseys?

Lohman446
03-22-2006, 02:53 PM
sounds okay i guess...what jerseys are we talking about, new custom jerseys..or the ao jerseys?

New custom jerseys not sure what exactly - depending on sponsor demands. They'll be nice, its all I can promise.

Rudz
03-22-2006, 02:56 PM
i trust you.. :clap: :clap:

Resurection
03-22-2006, 08:40 PM
If you don't mind, go ahead and put me in for the first available 'non-veteran' slot. I have a lot of travel/business around the start of April and might miss the shot at posting then.

What deadline will you have for payment so I can budget appropriately. And what would you guess the average mid-player would shoot in cases of paint for the weekend so I can plan for that as well?

How would everyone do hotel - solo or group up?

Lohman446
03-22-2006, 09:08 PM
If you don't mind, go ahead and put me in for the first available 'non-veteran' slot. I have a lot of travel/business around the start of April and might miss the shot at posting then.

What deadline will you have for payment so I can budget appropriately. And what would you guess the average mid-player would shoot in cases of paint for the weekend so I can plan for that as well?

How would everyone do hotel - solo or group up?

I'm going to figure payment before the end of April - by May 1st. I play front, its hard for me to judge paint usage. I would plan on 2-3 cases of paint. Once I have everyone firmly committed (paid), then we will further discuss hotel arrangements. I would expect we are going to pick a hotel and then decide. I can split a room with people, last year others had parents / wives with them and got there own rooms.

paintballer275
03-22-2006, 11:05 PM
i live in raleigh north carolina so i am very intrested in going
do you have to be a certain age for this event?

ill have to deicide between shooting my excalibur or my classic mag

Lohman446
03-22-2006, 11:06 PM
If you play on Team AO you must shoot a mag. Not dead certain on age requirements of CFOA events

BobTheCow
03-23-2006, 01:17 AM
Unless you're younger than 12 (10?) I don't think it'll be a problem. If you're under 18, you may need to have a parent for some waiver-signage, and lodging might be a bit of a problem too. *shrugs* Nothing that isn't possible though, plenty of guys were under 18 last summer and didn't have any problems.

Lohman446
03-31-2006, 11:28 AM
Alright, open registration to members of AO who will be shooting a mag and going $150 - need to know what size jersey you wear. I this point I am limiting a single team to 7 people - if we get ten we will run two teams.

Lohman446@aol.com or PM me for mailing address. I will cover paypal fees and if there is money left over we will either apply it to rooms/paint/dinner etc. or refund it evenly at the event

Cameo
03-31-2006, 07:05 PM
bob,
how the heck did you get a gold Star? I am soooo very jealous... please please please tell me how i can get mine..

mobsterboy
03-31-2006, 07:17 PM
do you yield to the player, "Mobsterboy"(Nelson Blom) to join forces with the Mag Owners Group and play?

I'll have to check work schedules/parents, but its not far from me, and I shoot a hyperframed mag :shooting:
I'll get back to you, that is, if Im permitted by the great :hail: Lohman :hail:

Lohman446
03-31-2006, 08:29 PM
By the great... I'm praying that Robbie joins again :) At this point it is first come first serve

Rudz
03-31-2006, 08:33 PM
ill be paying for my spot on tues...hope to see the rest of you guys there..

Aslan
04-04-2006, 01:53 PM
If you play on Team AO you must shoot a mag. Not dead certain on age requirements of CFOA events

I've heard that if you play for Team Rainmaker you must also shoot a Mag. ;)

rkjunior303
04-04-2006, 02:40 PM
bob,
how the heck did you get a gold Star? I am soooo very jealous... please please please tell me how i can get mine..

haha you don't want to know....

Kevmaster
04-04-2006, 07:13 PM
update for y'all:

Guys:
Be glad we told you not too book your reservations. I would honestly guess there is a 5% chance we'll be in Wilmington this year. We will, however, remain with the CFOA, they are just unsure of their own location for this event. Some unforseen problems have come up and that may complicate things.

What I can promise is that we are working with the CFOA to find a great alternative location. I suspect you will like what we're working just as much if not more than Wilmington, but so as to avoid getting burned again, we're going to hold out a little longer on telling you where that will be.

Thank you for your patience.

Lohman446
04-04-2006, 07:25 PM
update for y'all:

Guys:
Be glad we told you not too book your reservations. I would honestly guess there is a 5% chance we'll be in Wilmington this year. We will, however, remain with the CFOA, they are just unsure of their own location for this event. Some unforseen problems have come up and that may complicate things.

What I can promise is that we are working with the CFOA to find a great alternative location. I suspect you will like what we're working just as much if not more than Wilmington, but so as to avoid getting burned again, we're going to hold out a little longer on telling you where that will be.

Thank you for your patience.

Not a problem, not going to change the fact we are playing, need jersyes, entrance fee, and to hunt sponsors - :) Thanks for the update Kev, we'll look forward to knowing exactly when / where but still count on us being there/

To those sending / have sent funds. Lets continue this, if after location is announced you have to back out, then we will refund fully.

Resurection
04-04-2006, 07:44 PM
I am hoping for Charlotte or Fayetville... then I can make it a "business" trip and write the travel off! Woot!

Kevmaster
04-04-2006, 07:53 PM
as we're still with the CFOA, it will be i NC or SC....i can promise you that

Cameo
04-04-2006, 08:04 PM
haha you don't want to know....

but I do sir.. i really do... :hail:

BobTheCow
04-04-2006, 08:47 PM
blah blah blah Thanks for the update Kev, we'll look forward to knowing exactly when / where but still count on us being there blah blah blah

The date is the same, that's confirmed (October 7 & 8). It's just CFOA itself that's being squirrelly on picking where they're going to hold their event that weekend.

Cameo - uhh... long story? :)

Automaggot68
04-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Just don't let DJ play on the team again.
Please.

behemoth
04-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Just don't let DJ play on the team again.
Please.
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/126/djpwnt3cx.gif

nate2k191
04-04-2006, 09:26 PM
this should be sweet, if i can make it to the location then what? should i just bring money and mags? i'm not sure if i'll be able to get transportation there, so if i do, how does it work?

AGDlover
04-05-2006, 05:22 PM
I wont be playing this year due to finacial issues and also I have no desire to use my mag anytime soon

Automaggot68
04-05-2006, 05:27 PM
I wont be playing this year due to finacial issues and also I have no desire to use my mag anytime soon

Thank goodness you posted--we were all depending on you.

AGDlover
04-05-2006, 05:31 PM
And we all know how much you helped out last year :rolleyes:

Automaggot68
04-05-2006, 05:34 PM
And we all know how much you helped out last year :rolleyes:

WOW.

/wrists

Lohman446
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
this should be sweet, if i can make it to the location then what? should i just bring money and mags? i'm not sure if i'll be able to get transportation there, so if i do, how does it work?

you must prepay and preregister as part of the team :)

nate2k191
04-05-2006, 08:53 PM
you must prepay and preregister as part of the team :)

hm, i want to go, but i just dont know if i will be able to travel across several states in the beginning of october.

Lohman446
04-06-2006, 08:22 AM
but I do sir.. i really do... :hail:

No you don't... you really really don't :)

/I have a random idea... I think

BobTheCow
04-06-2006, 01:47 PM
No you don't... you really really don't :)

/I have a random idea... I think
As Bill so fondly put it: "Goddamn JACKRABBITS keeping us awake."

:(

rkjunior303
04-06-2006, 01:50 PM
BTK was the only person to have planted his seed of the entire group.....

Lohman446
04-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Do I get points for being right?

Aslan
04-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Man...why was POG Brass so much better than POG nickel? And it looks like Brass Eagle got beaten pretty bad. I wonder what Brass Eagle was shooting? :confused:

Lohman446
04-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Man...why was POG Brass so much better than POG nickel? And it looks like Brass Eagle got beaten pretty bad. I wonder what Brass Eagle was shooting? :confused:

because everyone was out playing for fun :)

Cameo
04-08-2006, 12:03 PM

Pog brass for the most part is players that play on a regular basis.... they can be found at thier local field on the weekends and such... Pog nickle is some more laid back players... Not really playing every weekeend or even every month for that matter... with the exception of me of course... I just get thrown on whichever team there is room.. :clap:

Resurection
04-08-2006, 06:57 PM
I thought the OGD teams had to be made of players no closer than 50miles from each other? Or was that something else?

Kevmaster
04-08-2006, 07:27 PM
1) the pog guys dont play together everyweekend...they just play every weekend

2) we had a 50mi rule...however, we've dropped that rule

Lohman446
04-08-2006, 07:33 PM
I assume I still can't bring team members? The purpose is to bring an internet group together - even if your from the same area, or might know each other, the intent is not to have people who will work greatly together. If the rule is dropped, and we need another person, there are a few people on these boards who play at the same field I do, but are not affilaited with my team at all.

Cameo
04-09-2006, 12:18 AM
1) the pog guys dont play together everyweekend...they just play every weekend

2) we had a 50mi rule...however, we've dropped that rule

seriously we dropped that rule??? wow...

paintman1234
04-09-2006, 05:27 PM
I assume I still can't bring team members? The purpose is to bring an internet group together - even if your from the same area, or might know each other, the intent is not to have people who will work greatly together. If the rule is dropped, and we need another person, there are a few people on these boards who play at the same field I do, but are not affilaited with my team at all.

Thats me! Rob, I will need a mag and a ride, Im also not staying in the same room with trueman aka: laura

jk

Resurection
05-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Updates? Who has signed up for the team so far Lohman?

From the OGD:

Updates coming soon!
May 19th
Gentlemen, I know you've been waiting for some updates about the 2006 OGD. Rumors have said we're dead and not doing it. But, I promise, we're doing it. And its going to be great.

We're very close to releasing a slew of information next week. Location, location, location.

Trust us guys, we're going to have a great OGD this year. You won't want to miss it.

Kevmaster
05-21-2006, 07:36 PM
big announcements coming this week...i can't wait :)

Chooie
05-21-2006, 08:07 PM
big announcements coming this week...i can't wait :)

Woot! This sounds like an ideal way to convince the wife I need to upgrade the old classic to Xvalve, especially considering we live only about 90 mins from NC. If there looks to be a second team, could you keep me in the loop?

Lohman446
05-23-2006, 07:18 AM
I'm still short a person for a first team it looks like - I'll get all the information up on the first post when I update it today, and then more information as it becomes available.

phantomhitman
05-23-2006, 08:44 AM
anyone need a matrix guy?

Kevmaster
05-23-2006, 09:56 AM
check out the press release guys:

May 23, 2006
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Owners Group Paintball has partnered with the Carolina Field Owners Association for the 2006 paintball season. The CFOA planned to take their season finale, “River Jam” to Wilmington, NC. However, plans there did not work out and we went in search of another location. OGP is very happy to announce that the 2006 Owners Group Division will be held, as a part of the CFOA season finale, in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on October 7th and 8th.

The CFOA is planning an event to be held at Broadway at the Beach, one of the top vacation destinations in South Carolina. Broadway is where “Myrtle Beach comes to life.” OGP has confirmed this information with the CFOA and, unlike earlier, recommend that you begin planning your trip to Myrtle Beach as soon as possible. Information will be forthcoming on the OGP website, http://www.ogpaintball.com, very shortly.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in early October.

For More Information, Please Visit:
http://www.ogpaintball.com
http://www.thecfoa.com

Lohman446
05-23-2006, 12:12 PM
I have our hotel rooms booked - please check the first post for more information as I will update it as things change (its easier than trying to scroll through pages). Please let me know what you need for hotel - how many people are coming, or if you are getting your own room. Thanks

phantomhitman
05-23-2006, 12:43 PM
who are you playing for lohman? do you still need a player?

wonder if the matrix owners nees people?

Kevmaster
05-23-2006, 12:45 PM

can promise you that matrix owners needs guys

send magman007 a PM

phantomhitman
05-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks Kev

Lohman446
05-23-2006, 12:57 PM

AO :) Its the only group I am majorly involved in

phantomhitman
05-23-2006, 01:09 PM
I would highly suggest you guys get your rooms right now, myrtle beach fills up very very quickly. Even though I hate myrtle, I want to go out and play. There is a ton of stuff to do, especially at the boardwalk (which is "THE SPOT" to go to at myrtle). I am speaking with mr magman right now, hopefully everything works out. Is all of the basic info on a site somewhere? Do I need a cfoa id card, pay cfoa fees, pay any fees, fpo, yadda yadda?

Lohman446
05-23-2006, 01:42 PM
I would highly suggest you guys get your rooms right now, myrtle beach fills up very very quickly. Even though I hate myrtle, I want to go out and play. There is a ton of stuff to do, especially at the boardwalk (which is "THE SPOT" to go to at myrtle). I am speaking with mr magman right now, hopefully everything works out. Is all of the basic info on a site somewhere? Do I need a cfoa id card, pay cfoa fees, pay any fees, fpo, yadda yadda?

Already done - room that is

zackzel
05-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey lohman pm with your paypal address and I will get you your 150 ASAP.

Now I just need to cross my fingers that either my logic mag or X-mag will be done by then.

Kevmaster
05-23-2006, 06:08 PM
phantom:

we've had an information overload in the last 3 days. we're quickly updatin the site. we'll have a LOT more information up there by tomorrow morning.

Robbie
05-23-2006, 09:28 PM
hey kev
good move with cfoa myrtle beach should be alot of fun
hopefully you are working on the gun rules.
as in bring a piece of crap stuck with a piece of crap......lol
sorry for the cheap shop shockers owners group....hahahhahaaaaa
hope to see people at the mass ao day at fox 4
i will be updating the x & e mags to the 1.7
big evil was nice enough to let me shoot his and wow i was really happy
should be fun

Lohman446
05-24-2006, 01:16 AM
hey kev
good move with cfoa myrtle beach should be alot of fun
hopefully you are working on the gun rules.
as in bring a piece of crap stuck with a piece of crap......lol
sorry for the cheap shop shockers owners group....hahahhahaaaaa
hope to see people at the mass ao day at fox 4
i will be updating the x & e mags to the 1.7
big evil was nice enough to let me shoot his and wow i was really happy
should be fun

You in this year Robbie?

zackzel
05-24-2006, 06:02 PM
You in this year Robbie?

Yes Robbie are you in? I know we could definatly use your amazing talent again this year.

dj89
05-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Hi hows everyone doing?

If you still need a player, the move may make it so I can come down. LMK

Lohman446
05-25-2006, 01:26 PM
yeah im in

:D

guysdaman
05-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Well I tried last year to make it but never did! For one the USAF hindered me from coming and plus I still didn't have my dmag, so this year now that i'm back in the states and might possibly get my gun back from chris, you can tentatively put me down!

guysdaman
guy.matherly@gmail.com

Lohman446
05-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Well I tried last year to make it but never did! For one the USAF hindered me from coming and plus I still didn't have my dmag, so this year now that i'm back in the states and might possibly get my gun back from chris, you can tentatively put me down!

guysdaman
guy.matherly@gmail.com

Hehe, I'll do that, pending your devilmag, and the USAF that is

Josh2Xtremes
05-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey gang, it's Josh again. Just got back from the CFOA Smoky Mountain Roundup where we gave away 5 DM6's to the lucky winners. A great show at a great venue, Insane Paintball, thanks to our sponsors and players.

Anyways...couldn't help but notice the statement above about our upcoming event, planned at this time for Myrtle Beach, SC and the remarkable Broadway facility. Please be advised that there has, at this time, been no official statement from the CFOA announcing this venue or event. While we are moving towards hosting our final major event of 2006 at Myrtle Beach's lavish Broadway facility and anticipate that this will be a success, the CFOA will make this official when all the loose ends are tied and the time is right.

Thank you very much for your patience as we solidify this event. We believe in the OGD and will support it in any way we can, including promoting the very best event of which we are capable to host it.

More information may be found at www.thecfoa.com. Feel free to contact me directly via the CFOA contact page, by phone or email.

Joshua D. Silverman
Sponsorship / Marketing
CFOA Tournament Series
www.thecfoa.com
www.joshuasilverman.com

Resurection
06-01-2006, 10:54 AM
...Please be advised that there has, at this time, been no official statement from the CFOA announcing this venue or event....
Boy that doesn't make me feel to comfortable... :(

Prairie
06-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Thank you very much for your patience as we solidify this event. We believe in the OGD and will support it in any way we can, including promoting the very best event of which we are capable to host it.

Thanks Josh, we look forward to seeing you!

Philip

Lohman446
06-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Boy that doesn't make me feel to comfortable... :(

Kevin knows what hes doing :D

Kevmaster
06-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Kevin knows what hes doing :D

There are a lot of people who might disagree with that sttatement.....

but yeah, we're good. No worries guys.

If it makes you feel any better, i've prepaid my hotel room and i've booked dinners and such for the weekend, so no worries

phantomhitman
06-02-2006, 06:56 AM
i play paintball...or used to

Cameo
06-02-2006, 06:16 PM
e gads.. I just realized that I am playing in Myrtle beach twice this year....
there goes the new camera I have been eyeing up...

Kev,
Do you happen to have a picture of the trophey that is inscribed??? always wanted to see it..

AO guys..
will be great fun to see (harass) you all again.. :hail:

Kevmaster
06-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Steph, you'll get to see it at the OGD this summer. (which is my way of saying, its not yet engraved)

Resurection
06-03-2006, 03:52 PM
... i've prepaid my hotel room and i've booked dinners and such for the weekend, so no worries

So worst case then we play in your room, and eat your food. Sweet! ;)

BobTheCow
06-03-2006, 04:42 PM
So worst case then we play in your room, and eat your food. Sweet! ;)
If last year was any indication, there very well may be "playing" of sorts in the rooms. :)

Cameo
06-06-2006, 12:44 AM
If last year was any indication, there very well may be "playing" of sorts in the rooms. :)

I am so glad I am not sharing rooms with you folks...
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Battlewear
06-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Wow

Its funny.. I was just hearing about the OGD a few days ago and checking it out, I was wondering when it was coming around..

I wish I could toss my name into the hat but unfortunately that is not to be.. Maybe next year..
What I will say is Best of luck guys! givem AO HELL! :) :shooting:

Josh2Xtremes
06-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Yo Kev I hear you might have stumbled across some Len Bias footage? Find anything good?
Josh

Kevmaster
06-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Yo Kev I hear you might have stumbled across some Len Bias footage? Find anything good?
Josh

Yes sir! I'm going to mail Larry a DVD on Tuesday, but I'll mail him an extra for you. Len Bias and the Terps played Duke and lost to the Devils 68-80. I'm going to get hte official box score to get the stats from that game.

Kev

quick_spyder
06-10-2006, 08:54 AM
I'd be happy to play, but I'm not experienced with speedball and my gun's pretty simple.

Josh2Xtremes
06-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Press Release

First Endeavor Paintball Sponsors the CFOA!

Lexington, NC
June 2, 2006: First Endeavor Paintball, manufacturer of the hot new Quest tournament paintball gun and a rapidly growing line of accessories and other products for the paintball industry, have reached an agreement with Joshua D. Silverman to sponsor the world’s largest five-man paintball tournament series, the CFOA.

While terms of the sponsorship agreement between FEP and the CFOA are undisclosed, Silverman and Dave Palmer, CEO of First Endeavor Paintball, have announced that the agreement will bring the new Quest paintball gun into the CFOA as an event grand prize, and that the sponsorship agreement encompasses both the remainder of the 2006 season and the 2007 CFOA tournament season. “The CFOA is honored to welcome First Endeavor Paintball into the family for not only 2006 but through the foreseeable future as well,” stated league representative Joshua D. Silverman. “The Quest is turning heads from coast to coast with its mix of subtle good looks, incredible performance and competitive price and I know our players will love them.”

Currently averaging nearly 120 five-man teams per major event date, the CFOA promotes both five-man and XBall events across the southeastern United States. Promoted at the very best paintball parks around the region, teams from as far away as Missouri, Florida and northern Virginia participate in league events, officiated by a fully-paid referee staff. For more information on the CFOA including prize and sponsor lists, registration information and photo galleries, visit the official league website at www.thecfoa.com. First Endeavor Paintball products are available from National Paintball Supply, the local paintball pro-shop and online at www.firstendeavorpaintball.com.

The CFOA thanks its major sponsors for their invaluable support through 2006: Dye, Proto, Draxxus, XBall, Empire, Smart Parts, Planet Eclipse, Greg Hasting’s Tournament Paintball, Shocktech, VForce, Paintball Games International Magazine and First Endeavor Paintball.

www.thecfoa.com
(336) 510-8451

www.firstendeavorpaintball.com
(805) 487-5297

Resurection
07-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Hey Lohman,

Did you get the rest of my payment?

I should be all set for this weekend - even got room reservations made. Has anyone heard any more news about the event?

Lohman446
07-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Hey Lohman,

Did you get the rest of my payment?

I should be all set for this weekend - even got room reservations made. Has anyone heard any more news about the event?

I did, your all set

Resurection
07-02-2006, 08:50 AM
I did, your all set
Awesome.

Lohman446
07-07-2006, 12:25 PM
So I can fill out the official form, adn even though you have probably sent it already, please send name, address, phone numbers, relevant experience, to me in PM when you get a chance. Thanks

Robbie
07-31-2006, 07:43 PM
i hate to post it but i wont be able to play this event. I wanted to give enough notice to fill my spot.

ps.
FS pewter x-mag with both breachs w/ x mod software
also FS Karta Emag drab olive green with black parts & matching powerlyte scepter kit

Lohman446
07-31-2006, 07:45 PM
i hate to post it but i wont be able to play this event. I wanted to give enough notice to fill my spot.

ps.
FS pewter x-mag with both breachs w/ x mod software
also FS Karta Emag drab olive green with black parts & matching powerlyte scepter kit

It will be a different team without you Robbie. I appreciate the notice, and realize of course things do come up. good luck

Robbie
07-31-2006, 08:21 PM
lohman any idea what an e and x mag should go for

zackzel
07-31-2006, 08:33 PM
lohman any idea what an e and x mag should go for

It depends how fast you want to sell them Robbie, I would say around 800-1000 for your X-mag because if I remember it is near mint. And I wouldn't even be sure what you should ask for the E-mag it is beautiful though. Once you get a price in mind PM me I am very intersted in it.

Lohman446
07-31-2006, 08:39 PM
$500 for a normal black E-mag, a touch more perhaps, though I thought yours was nicer than normal

X-mags from somewhere in the $800 to $1000 range as Zack said. I watched one the other day at $600 and it was like a piranha feeding Both breeches should keep it off the bottom end of the $800 to $1000 scale though.

E-mags you get slightly better off if you part them and go throug the pain of it. About $300 for lowers $175 for an X-valve and then $100 for the body or so.

p8ntball72
07-31-2006, 08:42 PM
$500 for a normal black E-mag, a touch more perhaps, though I thought yours was nicer than normal

X-mags from somewhere in the $800 to $1000 range as Zack said. I watched one the other day at $600 and it was like a piranha feeding Both breeches should keep it off the bottom end of the $800 to $1000 scale though.

E-mags you get slightly better off if you part them and go throug the pain of it. About $300 for lowers $175 for an X-valve and then $100 for the body or so.

Dont forget his E is a
Karta Emag drab olive green with black parts & matching powerlyte scepter kit :wow:

zackzel
07-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Dont forget his E is a
Karta Emag drab olive green with black parts & matching powerlyte scepter kit :wow:

Don't worry, Lohman and I have both seen it in person.

Lohman446
07-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Dont forget his E is a

I knew i was sitting here not remembering something. I would put it in the same range as and X then.

Robbie
08-01-2006, 12:18 AM
i will take some pics
the karta is my fav i was real happy with the way it came out
thanks for help

BigEvil
08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
i will take some pics
the karta is my fav i was real happy with the way it came out
thanks for help

Selling? WTF? Are you becoming a preist or something. :cry:

Robbie
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM
no i am still strait
just got to get rid of some gear ... i will put the full list inthe buy sell trade
i just wanted to give the owners group a heads up & first crack because i know it will be well cared for.

BobTheCow
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Selling? WTF? Are you becoming a preist or something. :cry:

no i am still strait
haahahhahahahahaha, did anybody else find this as funny as I did? :p

BigEvil
08-02-2006, 06:58 AM
no i am still strait
just got to get rid of some gear ... i will put the full list inthe buy sell trade
i just wanted to give the owners group a heads up & first crack because i know it will be well cared for.

I just picked up a Karta Emag or I would have to take one of those mags off of your hands. You going to Ejam anytime soon?

Robbie
08-02-2006, 09:33 AM
IMAGE_00076 hey guys
I am fighting to get he pics ...sorry
I am going to put them both up for $975
The x has both breachs chager and a sick parts kit.( extra hall switch detents screws bmpers foames ) a ton of stuff
the karta has the 7 piece matching barrel kit push pad tac light and again a sick parts kt
If you guys are lookinng for parts let e know.
I have an extra board ..screws ...level 10..
bumpers...trigger frames ...ule bodies...z grip..
a ton of stuff
also going to be getting rid of
red g7
blue immortal viking
black to clear immortal viking
black bonebrake excal
red dm5
black to cobalt dm5
tag 45 pistol
blue rt pro
I will hopefully have it ffs forum with pis
alll have backup parts galore

Lohman446
09-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Ok, the format of OGD has changed slightly, if any individuals still want to participate contact me or Kevmaster - it is VERY possible for individuals to compete

HOTEL ROOMS - I need to finalize hotel rooms for that Friday and Saturday night. Who needs a room still or split with one?

ShotOnSight
09-16-2006, 09:09 PM
This is kinda of ironic because I only live litterally about an hour from myrtle beach, I might come out and see how the AO team goes some of you might even get to see my x-mag :D

Cameo
09-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Ok, the format of OGD has changed slightly, if any individuals still want to participate contact me or Kevmaster - it is VERY possible for individuals to compete

HOTEL ROOMS - I need to finalize hotel rooms for that Friday and Saturday night. Who needs a room still or split with one?

Lohman,
If you don't get a taker for one of the rooms you booked let me know.. My family has decided to join me in Myrtle Beah because of the change in tourney, so they are needing a room... I can paypal you the money or whatever...
ps: rooms are sold out for the hotel that weekend..

Lohman446
09-18-2006, 06:00 AM
Lohman,
If you don't get a taker for one of the rooms you booked let me know.. My family has decided to join me in Myrtle Beah because of the change in tourney, so they are needing a room... I can paypal you the money or whatever...
ps: rooms are sold out for the hotel that weekend..

I can do that. I have them reserved for Friday and Saturday nights at this point

zackzel
09-18-2006, 11:10 AM
I can do that. I have them reserved for Friday and Saturday nights at this point

Lohman I am going to either need to share a room or get my own. Not sure if my girl friend is coming or not at this point. Will let you know ASAP though.

Lohman446
09-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Lohman I am going to either need to share a room or get my own. Not sure if my girl friend is coming or not at this point. Will let you know ASAP though.

Dont plan on getting your own unless you already have reservations, Steph says there filled up

Im for splitting the AO room four ways so it doesn't cost as much :)

Cameo
09-18-2006, 06:31 PM

Thanks.. Let me know.. I can paypal the $$ or give it to you.. We are getting in friday afteernoon... :o)
thanks a bunch..

BobTheCow
09-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks.. Let me know.. I can paypal the $$ or give it to you.. We are getting in friday afteernoon... :o)
thanks a bunch..
You still planning on swinging through Newport News? *puppy dog face*

zackzel
09-18-2006, 10:14 PM
How many rooms do you have lohman, because I would prefer to have my own room as at this point its looking highly likely that my girl will be traveling with me and i don't know how keen she will be sleeping with a bunch of guys.

Lohman446
09-18-2006, 10:15 PM
2, and Steph has spoken for one.

BobTheCow
09-18-2006, 10:48 PM
i don't know how keen she will be sleeping with a bunch of guys.
Well in case you were looking for my opinion, I'm totally fine with that. Really, it's no problem.

zackzel
09-19-2006, 07:47 AM
Well in case you were looking for my opinion, I'm totally fine with that. Really, it's no problem.

I'm sure you would be.

Resurection
09-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I also have this reservation made for a room, and I am not not sure of my need for the room. If anyone is intereted, please let me know.

Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach
1140 Celebrity Circle
Myrtle Beach, SC United States 29577
Phone: 1-843-916-0600 Fax: 1-843-946-6308

Check-In date: 06 Oct 2006
Check-Out date: 09 Oct 2006

Check-In time: 4:00 PM
Check-Out time: 11:00 AM

Cameo
09-20-2006, 02:30 PM
You still planning on swinging through Newport News? *puppy dog face*

Yes.. mostlikely sometime laste thursday or early friday.... I know where the walmart is.. and ummm my brothers apartment is...
email me
steelesteph@aol.com

zackzel
09-20-2006, 02:43 PM
I also have this reservation made for a room, and I am not not sure of my need for the room. If anyone is intereted, please let me know.

Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach-Broadway @ The Beach
1140 Celebrity Circle
Myrtle Beach, SC United States 29577
Phone: 1-843-916-0600 Fax: 1-843-946-6308

Check-In date: 06 Oct 2006
Check-Out date: 09 Oct 2006

Check-In time: 4:00 PM
Check-Out time: 11:00 AM

I am interested. Could you please pm me with the details for the room, room size, price etc...

Thanks,
Zack

Resurection
09-21-2006, 06:22 AM
I am interested. Could you please pm me with the details for the room, room size, price etc...

Thanks,
Zack

PM'd you.

Lohman446
09-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Resurection: You still going? Do you need a spot in the room?

Resurection
09-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Resurection: You still going? Do you need a spot in the room?

As of right now I am still going, but my family and friends will not be able to go with me, so I really don't need the room reservation I made. However, I have a place to crash for now also. If things change I will let you know. Thanks.