PDA

View Full Version : Question about using Max Flo on my Mag?

AnthonyW
01-10-2006, 08:26 PM
I've got this Impulse lying around with a max-flo on it so I figured I'd throw it on the mag. My question is I have a 88ci 3000 PE preset tank and the output pressure is between 800-850 psi. How can I run up my input pressure for extreme reactivity if the tank will only put out 800 psi. Do I need an adjustable tank also.

Anthony

neppo1345
01-10-2006, 08:30 PM
I've got this Impulse lying around with a max-flo on it so I figured I'd throw it on the mag. My question is I have a 88ci 3000 PE preset tank and the output pressure is between 800-850 psi. How can I run up my input pressure for extreme reactivity if the tank will only put out 800 psi. Do I need an adjustable tank also.

Anthony

Yeah...you need an adjustable tank...and you wouldn;t want to double regulate the mag with the maxflow anyway...

all you need is the adjustable tank screwed into the gun...no need for the maxflow

MarkM
01-10-2006, 08:38 PM
The only way to get reactivity is to increase the input pressure, some mags will react at 800-850psi but higher is what you really want and the only way to do this is with an adjustable reg. You might be able to get reactivity with your preset by changing the power tube spring (assuming a Classic valve) with the later solid spacer rings, I had this happen so that the only way to stop the 'mag firing was to hold the trigger. The Spacer rings I used were made by Toxic Toys (german company now gone) and they were nicely colour coded.
You do understand that many sites will not allow you to play with extreme reactivity and for sure no tournament series will. The reactivity was a by product of the valve design, it was fault that was later exploited with the RT valve series onwards. It has however given rise to rumours of Automags being illegal, not the whole truth but since when did rumours have any real basis in fact.
The Impulse with the Max-Flo will be the LP version so that will be no good. You will need the HP spring pack upgrade kit, depending on which version of the Max-Flo is, you might not be able to get that kit.

elbobo_the_pimp
01-11-2006, 12:04 AM
i think it would be safest to get an adjustable tank.

AnthonyW
01-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Maybe I'll try an adjustable tank, by the way it is an X-vavle.

Thanks guys