PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion on Warp Feed from woodsballer POV

DSR75
01-10-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm sure this has been debated over and over before but I'm looking to get the opinions from those people who play in the woods. I don't play speedball or any form of paintball like it. We just all stick to playing in the woods. Besides I'm way too big to be hiding behind an inflatable barrier (6'7, 285). I'm looking to buy/build a new mag and I can't decide between a centerfeed or warp feed body. The main reason being I've never used a warp feed before and I don't know of anyone who has one. I'm looking for the opinions of only those people who play in the woods. Thanks. And if this has been debated before I apologize.

Troen
01-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm sure this has been debated over and over before but I'm looking to get the opinions from those people who play in the woods. I don't play speedball or any form of paintball like it. We just all stick to playing in the woods. Besides I'm way too big to be hiding behind an inflatable barrier (6'7, 285). I'm looking to buy/build a new mag and I can't decide between a centerfeed or warp feed body. The main reason being I've never used a warp feed before and I don't know of anyone who has one. I'm looking for the opinions of only those people who play in the woods. Thanks. And if this has been debated before I apologize.
you're 6'7???? how do you hide?

ramennoodles
01-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Interesting novelty. For me the advantages weren't worth the extra weight, but I'm sure that just takes some getting used to. Couldn't hurt to try it out.

-Isaac.

personman
01-10-2006, 11:59 PM
I think that the warp could be useful in the woods, but you get more of a benefit on a speedball field. Try one for yourself and then form your own opinion. The people here are either going to be warp fanatics or people who despise warps. I've personally owned two and sold them. I liked them while I had them but It doesnt bother me not having one.

BD_Paintball
01-11-2006, 12:05 AM
i think like personman said its more useful in the woods, but i had one then changed to a reloader B and i would never ever shoot a gun with a warp again. it was big, heavy, and odd looking. if you want to see what it feels like to have a warp take a box and put it next to your gun and there u go. i would get a normal hopper if i was you :shooting:

WARPED1
01-11-2006, 12:20 AM
When I played woods, I always wished I had a low profile. I think a warp would be great for woods.

Gunga
01-11-2006, 01:02 AM
I use a warp when I play, whether it's in the woods or wherever else. No loader in the way just frees up your field of view immensely.

As far as the weight goes, sure it adds some, but it's not a big deal. I only notice it when I'm carrying my gun out to play. Don't pay it any attention whatsoever during a game. Even if I did, it'd be a tradeoff I'd take every time.

And you're 6'7", 285 lbs. What's another pound? ;)

peewee
01-11-2006, 01:06 AM
Its all good clean fun untill you hook your warp hose on a branch then it get's really messy.... balls everywhere!!

Duzzy
01-11-2006, 01:20 AM
I've had the hose hook on branches too... Not fun.

It shouldn't be too bad with an intellifeed but if you have it set to vibrations and jostle it around while you scramble to put the hose back on...

Two AGD upgrades I think are better left out of the woods are the Y/Z-Grip, and the Warp. Hauling a Warp through the woods for hours at a time can get tiring and annoying. And while I'm sure people could work out to the point where it wouldn't effect them I didn't.

The Y-Grip is a pain just when you have to carry the marker around. Sure you could get a snatch-grip (I had one.) but then your finger isn't near the trigger. To me you can't hold the marker the same way as with a 45 with the same level of comfort.

But it also depends on game time. If the people you play with are aggressive and the games are short it may be something to consider. But for longer games the Warp didn't cut it for me. I did like it in Speedball though...

Recon by Fire
01-11-2006, 03:29 AM
I've played woodsball with a warp on my X. No problems, do it.

Do it, Do it, Do it

Ace12GA
01-11-2006, 09:34 AM

I'm 6'6" and I hide in the bush just fine. Couldn't imagine trying to hide on a tourney field though.

Death of Rats
01-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Just recently bought a warp myself. I have to admit that it is very comfortable to play with in my opinion. I use the warp as a handhold and when doing so it lets me hold the gun into my shoulder better. So far I havn't tried it on not a pure woodsball field but close enough and found it to be really enjoyable to not have something sticking out of the top of my marker.

Haven't had a chance at a scenario game or long day of woodsballing yet so I will see how that goes. Only thing I can advise is to go with the intellifeed route makes it feel better to pop of shots that way.

I haven't had any problems getting it up and going either unlike the qLoader. Bought one of those at Dday and let me say it takes a little bit of tuning and really really does not like brittle paint but that isn't to much of a prob in woodsball was at Dday.

On a side note, in the woods I am about 60% (made up statistic) less likely to get hit in the hopper vs. in speedball so it is not as needed but still fun to have.

DSR75
01-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the replys. I didn't even think about it getting caught on stuff. As much as I'm low crawling in heavy brush that could be a problem.

Originally Posted by Troen

I'm a country boy. I've hunted all my life. Its second nature to me. Most people think when they see me before the game that I'll be one of the first ones out. It's usually the other way around. Not trying to brag in anyway. When you hunt you learn how to use cover and only move when there is enough noise to drown out the sound of your movement. Plus I played football as well so I'm good on my feet. It's also a benefit being 285 for those gut shots. I've got a lot of padding. :D

Once again, thanks for the info.

Little_Ho
01-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi there,

i have only Warps setup on my Markers. If you dont mind the extra weight then you should try it. Diffrent People diffrent opinions.

I love the Warp I dont mind to carry extra weight, and I like the look from People who dont know what the heck you are shooting and let me tell you i play mainly Woodsball and sometimes Speedball and i use the Warpfeed setup everywhere.

I would try to get a used warp and try it. dont buy a new one because of the cost and if you dont like it you never get the money back in.

Hint: i have one if you need one, with On/Off switch clear in color.

Little_Ho

WARPED1
01-11-2006, 12:51 PM
The only problem with a warp, is user choice. You'll either love it or hate it, there seems to be no middle ground.

hitech
01-11-2006, 02:25 PM
I got my warp FOR woodsball. I played with it in a senario game also. I don't have a problem with my emag and warp for weight. And I'm only 5'8"...

:cheers:

sicone
01-11-2006, 02:43 PM
ha man i feel your pain im up on 6'5"

master_alexander
01-11-2006, 04:30 PM
id go with a warp, you wouldnt mind the weight i dont think.

it does really well with a small barrel, i like to use a freak with a one inch tip. really tight. but thats for speedball...

so since you are playing woods, it wouldnt matter much to have a small setup. i like the gun with a warp and a site though.,...

nate2k191
01-11-2006, 09:05 PM
some people dont like the way it messes up the balance, but you can fix those problems by the drop forwards you use. it wieghs more, but come on... its not much. personally i love having not hopper popping up, i feel so vulnerable with one. it would help in woodsball most likely, for less visibility, rather than less area to hit when playing speedball.

like others said, you cant really know if you're gonna love it unless you try one, they're around $45 these days, thats affordable IMO

Cow hunter
01-11-2006, 09:36 PM
i dont think its been mentioned but setup counts. assuming you have a warp body which sode would it be going on? the side it goes on affects how you play,
example; i shoot lefty so normally i like to play right side of field so my dominant hand is on the grip, and i have the best quick shooting ability with my dominant hand on the grip.

so if youre right handed, the warp would be on the left, and when you pop out of bunkers on the left side, you might have to hold the gun 90*, which is good and bad, good because they have only a barrel sized target to shoot and bad because you have to hold the gun 90* which might be uncomfortable, and heavy, and might need practice doing it
in addtioion i dont think it would be possible to play lefty with a left side warp
/then again, i dont have a warp and have never used one
//this is solley IMO and you dont have to belive/listen to any of it
///i think pics would help make it easier to decide

punkncat
01-11-2006, 10:18 PM
I have really enjoyed my Warp setups. I have to agree with the above post that carrying that much marker around all say can get tiring. For a big guy like you that shouldn't be a problem....

I have considered making some sort of tactical sling for mine for scenarios.

Tyger
01-11-2006, 10:58 PM
IF stealth is a concern, the Warp tends to make noise. Mind you, the Ricochet is LOUDER than the warp, but there's a noise factor to think about. That being said, mine is a LOT of fun for woods / scenario play. You can find impossible angles to shoot from, since there's no hopper on the top to worry about.

But, as been said before, it's really a dice shoot thing. Warps WILL affect your shooting stance, and it will cant the gun to the side signifigantly as the center of gravity shifts. But I still like mine. If I want less weight, I can swap out to the center feed body too.

If you can spare it, buy the Warp ULE body, get a free warp with it (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=356&categoryID=10), and try it out. If nothing else, you learn if you like it or not.

-Tyger

Strider
01-12-2006, 02:25 AM
Its all good clean fun untill you hook your warp hose on a branch then it get's really messy.... balls everywhere!!

:wow: Man, how'dya do that.

I have about 2" of warp hose on my setup, if I'm hooking that on a tree, I've hooked a whole lot more than just my warp. :)

Heh, I keep thinking of the Shatnerball I attended. We were trying to advance through semi-long grass towards the objective. With a Warp I was able to crawl my way along my belly but keep firing as my marker was upright in front of me and feeding balls without a hopper (target) ontop. :clap:

Warp works just as well in Woods for me as it does in Airball. It's just preferance...

Random Pics!
Setup - http://www.thestrider.com/Paintball/2003-08-10_Emag.jpg
Tourney Gettup Shot - http://www.thestrider.com/Paintball/2004-07-26_Neil_Pose.jpg

Troen
01-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks for all the replys. I didn't even think about it getting caught on stuff. As much as I'm low crawling in heavy brush that could be a problem.

I'm a country boy. I've hunted all my life. Its second nature to me. Most people think when they see me before the game that I'll be one of the first ones out. It's usually the other way around. Not trying to brag in anyway. When you hunt you learn how to use cover and only move when there is enough noise to drown out the sound of your movement. Plus I played football as well so I'm good on my feet. It's also a benefit being 285 for those gut shots. I've got a lot of padding. :D

Once again, thanks for the info.
im 6'3 and i have a hard time in the woods, dang country boy.

wanna-b-ballin'
01-14-2006, 04:35 PM
i'm 6' 3", and i have no trouble hiding on a speedball or woodsball field.
i used a warp in the woods, and it was nice to be able to tuck in real tight and just have your barrel poking out from the side of a tree. its really nice when there is a "squad" of people coming toward you, not knowing where you are, and you have your gun pointed right at them ready to fire. i had too many eliminations that way.

if you dont like getting too much attention, then stay away from the warpfeed. i had countless amounts of questions asked every time i played.
same thing with my phantom :tard: stupid little kiddies.