PDA

View Full Version : Evil Pimp: Thoughts?

JMAN
01-11-2006, 07:43 PM
I have been looking around in the Evil section of a few forums and have noticed the Pimp seems to be a great deal. At about a little less than $600 it comes with a good amount of features for the money. I can imagine B/S/T sections and Ebay would have them for even less. What are your thoughts on this gun?

Would you personally trade your Mag for a Pimp? How would a deal like that go, would the mag owner have add or would a straight trade be possible?

I'd like to collect the thoughts of the people on the AO forums as they tend to have a different mindset.

onedude36
01-11-2006, 09:32 PM
My team mate has one, its pretty fast. the trigger is kinda small but it didnt bother me when i played with it, but i still prefer my viking's trigger. I think he might want to sell it.

SpecialBlend2786
01-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Not bad markers, but they are quite large in my opinion.

You might get more responces if you move this thread to the Paintball Talk section.

BeaverEater
01-11-2006, 10:15 PM
i hate it, its total garbage, i got one after i sold my cyborg, and i sold my pimp within the week. There is NO room inside to walk it, and unless you get it for under 300 its not worth it. There are plenty other used guns that would easily out perform the pimp for the same price.

snoopay700
01-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah, post what your mag setup is, but more than likely it's not worth that. It all depends on what you want though, so it's really up to you.

Banshee23
01-12-2006, 05:37 PM
From what I remember the Pimp is pretty much the same as an Impulse, just with an Evil body & parts. I wouldn't spend anywhere near $600 for an Imp, new or otherwise. In that price range you can do much much better as far as gun choices. Used vikings, proto's, DM4's, timmies, etc... As for trading it depends on your setup, post up what you have. Pimps used sell for under $400 more often than not.

SPECIAL_K_06
01-12-2006, 05:38 PM
I just recently bought a pimp and love it. The trigger frame is kind of small, but once you get used to it its fine. The barrel is really nice too. The speed of the gun is amazing. Overall i think its a great gun for the money. Also dont let anybody tell you its like an impulse.

wanna-b-ballin'
01-12-2006, 06:02 PM
i sorta fixed one a few weeks ago. its the first time i had ever seen one in person. the kid's battery died, and he couldn't figure out how to remove it.
well i found out that you have to take off the asa/rail because the screws holding them on make the battery compartment smaller, so the battery can't be removed, yet it still sits loose in there. its kinda weird.

i dont really like the trigger on them though. it seemed too small and a little too hard to walk nicely. i think a stock ion is easier to walk.

SPECIAL_K_06
01-13-2006, 07:58 AM
performance wise the pimp is much better than the ion, hands down

MisterBones25
01-13-2006, 08:42 AM
evil makes very quality products, i have not shot one but i thought i would chime in sayint that evil does make an aftermarket triggerframe that is much bigger.

Pha|anx
01-13-2006, 08:59 AM
PIMP = Impulse

Except the PIMP comes with a Detonator, on/off asa, break beam eyes, better internals, etc... Also, the newer ones come with ramping boards.

If you are really looking to get one go here (http://www.bosspaintballproducts.com). Honestly even at Boss' prices I wouldn't buy one new. For $600 you can get a Viking, Cyborg, DM4, PM5, 2k5 Alias, etc... Which are all far better choices.

JMAN
01-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Not really planning on buying one. Just collecting thoughts due to all the conflicting arguments I read over at PBN.

Mastershake99
01-15-2006, 12:36 PM
If you are still interested, the 2005 Pimps have the 2.0 ramping board in them. FAST FAST FAST. I recently aired one up at our local paintball shop. After a little playing around with the trigger I was really impressed. Though personally I would recommend a different trigger. You can find them all over the place now for around that 500.00 to 550.00 point now too. Great price for a great gun. Though good luck on finding any upgrades. Evil makes some good guns just haven't struck the popularity vote yet. :mad: