PDA

View Full Version : How do I install a lvl 7 bolt into my Xvalve. Parts needed ect. ??

Majinebz
01-11-2006, 08:30 PM
I want to put a lvl7 bolt into my xvalve. Do I also need to buy a power tube spacer kit for it? And will those even fit?? Or can I use the LVL 10 spacers for the older bolt? I have an ACE'd emag and want to use the eyes only. I heard it can also help with speed and Air efficency so no need for a level 10. Thanks for the help, EBZ

blamtro
01-11-2006, 08:40 PM
In order to use a level 7 bolt, you will need a powertube spacer kit, level 7 powertube tip, and a level 7 bolt. None of the level 10 stuff is compatable with the level 7. If you look at the level 10 bolt, you will notice the stem (part that goes inside of powertube) is much longer and that is the reason for the different spacers or carriers.

Majinebz
01-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks. Thats all I needed to hear. I appreciate it. EBZ

11 Bravo
01-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I tried it on my Xmag and didnt like it. I switched back to the lvl 10 and like it much better.

The lvl 10 does not hit the paint as hard and IMO goes just as deap in the tank (with the stock spring).

evilhomer
01-12-2006, 12:43 AM
I like my Level 7 just fine. It's a good way to go.

Majinebz
01-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I know the lvl 10 is softer on the ball. But when I have a cheetah boarded halo and my emag still makes that damn cuff noise like its hitting a ball I get pissed. I'll let the thing work with just the eye, or not even use my eye, I dont have to worry about chopping except when my feeder blends cheap paint.

Ohh the ANS venturi bolt is the same as a lvl 7 right? Thats what I plan on buying for my emag. Also has anyone tried using a ULT kit on the emag? I know that AGD recommends not using it, but they never said you cant. I just want to put it in so there is less force needed to press in the on/off in manual mode. And you could run it in emode on a low battery probably also.

Later, EBZ

I tried it on my Xmag and didnt like it. I switched back to the lvl 10 and like it much better.

The lvl 10 does not hit the paint as hard and IMO goes just as deap in the tank (with the stock spring).

Tao
01-12-2006, 05:35 PM
It surprises me that you are having trouble with speed. WARPIG http://www.warpig.com/ did a pretty intesive test on loaded speed combined with bolt speed. From the test results the x-valve is still has a way faster recipricating time than most other markers.

Do you get the same chuff from a 12v warp? The 12v warp could possibly still be faster than a cheetahed halo.

Majinebz
01-12-2006, 06:27 PM
what kind of bolt where they using for the testing purposes anyway? lvl10?
Also, you have to figure that the devil mags are all installed with level 7s instead of lvl 10s. Speed and effeciency. The lvl 10 is not as fast as a lvl7 I'm still gonna change it regardless. Also might try out the ULT for giggles on the emag. Later, EBZ

11 Bravo
01-12-2006, 08:30 PM
When I was first setting up my Mini Morlcock in my Hyperframe I had the same problem. The lvl10 was chuffing like it was hitting a ball. It turned out that the dwell and fire holdoff was not tuned in just right. I finally have it fine tuned and can really shoot very fast and with long strings. In auto response I can outrun my reloader b (23 bps). This is with a lvl10.
I dont buy what Ga Devil says about the lvl7 vs lvl 10. I think he says it so that he can sell the eyes and also the lvl 7 is easier to set up.

I bet you dont have the dwell and fire holdoff set right. But do what you want, I just thought I would share my experience with you.

Note: I wish I had a way to post videos. You would be most impressed with the speed of this Hypermag with lvl10.

Majinebz
01-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Dwell is set perfect on my emag. Only reason mine is adjustable is I'am using the Xmod 1.5 flash and it should always be set around 13-15 for most emags. Dont get me wrong, I'am leaving my lvl 10 in my xmag. I like that stock.

When I was first setting up my Mini Morlcock in my Hyperframe I had the same problem. The lvl10 was chuffing like it was hitting a ball. It turned out that the dwell and fire holdoff was not tuned in just right. I finally have it fine tuned and can really shoot very fast and with long strings. In auto response I can outrun my reloader b (23 bps). This is with a lvl10.
I dont buy what Ga Devil says about the lvl7 vs lvl 10. I think he says it so that he can sell the eyes and also the lvl 7 is easier to set up.

I bet you dont have the dwell and fire holdoff set right. But do what you want, I just thought I would share my experience with you.

Note: I wish I had a way to post videos. You would be most impressed with the speed of this Hypermag with lvl10.

bit-wizard
01-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Tried to PM you back, but your box is full.

The answer to your PM is:

"The one that I have that I'm thinking about is the level 7 style that didn't have the foamie. I can check to see if I have one with the foamie if you like. I have a couple different bolts lying around. Let me know."

Hit me back.
bit-wizard

Arson51
01-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Im considering swaping out my lvl 10 for a lvl 7 bolt because I need to be able to change my velocites greatly depending whether im going to play reball. I was thinking about just putting the classic valve right on my emag but from this thread I know I have the right parts.