PDA

View Full Version : About a "newer" revi....?

punkncat
01-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Since who was it? Brass Eagle/whatever, took over the Revi the shells had a problem with cracking.

Right about that time I had gone through two sets of shells for my brand new revi in a few use period of time. I called and voiced my dissatisfaction and was sent a new set of shells. The new set was hard just like the new ones are vs the "softer" shell of the old 9 and early 12V models. The new hard shells have been outstanding in ruggedness. I have used this loader very hard and they show no signs of cracking or wear. ( knock on wood )

I was wondering if the currently available revi still has problems with the shell or if they had fixed this problem? Perhaps the set I was sent as a comp were better that stock somehow, a different batch? If I bought a new revi should I expect the feedneck to break off?

nt2004
01-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Good question. Pretty much all hard post brass eagle shells have had some sort of cracking problem that i've seen. I've been lucky enough to aquire 2 sets of pre-BE shells that are the soft, easily scratching kind and those have outlasted 3 sets of the new ones that my friends bought.

I really hope they are making them more resistant to cracking now because i miss my revi, and my pre-BE's have holes in them from my warp using days

Cow hunter
01-11-2006, 10:01 PM
ive dropped my hopper many many times and no cracks yet (well i got a new lid and taped it where the screw threads got pulled out), but i have noticed some shells bieng sorta soft (made in china no doubt) really the only big probelm i have to complain about is the metal part where it touches the battery is continually bent inward and then it stops working because its not touching the battery, so i currently have pices of paper wedged in it.
/good ol' revvies!

cioeboy
01-11-2006, 10:02 PM
i wish i would have never gotten rid of my pre BE revis

i had two early 12vs with the original x-board god i miss them :(

elbobo_the_pimp
01-11-2006, 10:06 PM
the 12v revis were from the good days. now you need a halo just to keep up with the slow guns lol

warbeak2099
01-11-2006, 10:11 PM
I don't know why they don't just bring back the soft shells. They were indestructible. My friend has a pre-be 12v revvy and it has lasted through 5 years of playing. The shells are intact. He has tossed it around some too. If Viewloader cared about the customer and putting out quality products, they'd go back to the material that worked. But after being eaten up by BE/K2, they are basically out to force you into having to replace your shells every once in a while. It's a dick move, but smart for business. That's why I've left Viewloader and I'm never looking back.

punkncat
01-11-2006, 10:30 PM
I don't know why they don't just bring back the soft shells. They were indestructible. My friend has a pre-be 12v revvy and it has lasted through 5 years of playing. The shells are intact. He has tossed it around some too. If Viewloader cared about the customer and putting out quality products, they'd go back to the material that worked. But after being eaten up by BE/K2, they are basically out to force you into having to replace your shells every once in a while. It's a dick move, but smart for business. That's why I've left Viewloader and I'm never looking back.

I also own a pre BE set...but have a need for a new one. I have always liked the revi best. Its light and has a small profile. Sits in a well balanced location for many markers, and is fast enough to keep up with what I need to shoot. Mind you I can lay waste with my ReloaderB, but I have found I don't really need to. ....

WenULiVeUdiE
01-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I've never had a problem with set of BE shells. I can't say I do hard dives and such, but I don't baby it. The feedneck may be slighty cracked, but it is most likely the seam of the shells. My only complaint is the strength of the 9V clips. It makes it tough to get the cover in place without worrying about breaking something. Never had a problem though...

ramennoodles
01-11-2006, 10:46 PM
I don't play hard either, but my ast couple of revvies have had problems cracking around the screw wells and the lids. Meh.

-Isaac.

nuclear zombie
01-11-2006, 11:03 PM
I got a revi about 6 months ago, they have started building them with slightly thicker plastic and a thick feedneck. I had one a couple of years before this one and it sucked I had to replace the shell two times because of the battery door. If you can find a new one that's better built then it should last you a while.

wanna-b-ballin'
01-12-2006, 01:32 AM
i'v had a revvi for two years now, with the newer brittle plastic. i have only replaced the lid. no cracks in the shells or anything. i did overtighten a screw though, so on the inside, the plastic around the screw is cracked; but it doesn't really mess anything up.

i have dropped it on cement. it bent the battery contacts, so i had to bend them back.
i have slammed it into the mud. no problem there except broken paint in my hopper.
it feeds plenty fast at about 13 bps, with a burst of 16 once.

i like it.

Kevmaster
01-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Revvys made today are just as rugged as they were before brass eagle. they're using a very similar formula that makes them very strong. I've got some Tri-Pod revvies and they're great. I highly recommend them

warbeak2099
01-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Maybe on paper the materials should stand up the same. But there is a trend of newer shells breaking more often and more easily than the older soft shells. When a large amount of people complain about breakage, it's not a myth. I've had experience with both materials and the softer shells hold up much better. It's also common sense. Brittle plastic just isn't as durable as soft plastic.

onedude36
01-12-2006, 10:41 PM
The problem ive had mostly is with lids. only broke one though till i bought a pre-be set.

paint magnet
01-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Revvys made today are just as rugged as they were before brass eagle. they're using a very similar formula that makes them very strong. I've got some Tri-Pod revvies and they're great. I highly recommend them

This, of course, coming from the man who runs the BE forums :D

I've got an old Revvie with pre-BE shells that I've had for I don't know how long...so far it's outlasted two pairs of new shells I've had on my other Revvie.

If you think about it from Viewloader's perspective though, it makes sense...come up with a shiny new shell that breaks easily and people will be coming back to you to buy $15 shells every month.

minimag03
01-12-2006, 11:41 PM
They need to make the Revvy out of the same shells as their $8 gravity hopper.

AGDlover
01-14-2006, 11:31 AM
I've been Using a VL Tripod thats basicly a revy that the motor can be taken off to use as a gravity feed for quite some time and never really had a problem with cracking or anything

warbeak2099
01-14-2006, 11:54 AM
They need to make the Revvy out of the same shells as their $8 gravity hopper.

QFT

angelpena
01-14-2006, 01:56 PM
I have a "newer" revi but with Black shells, the black shells seem to be a little stronger than the fancy colors, I haven't had any problems with then cracking or breaking, but just in case I have 3 Pre-BE revies for back up.

I'm actually looking to mod a right side shell for a warp feed, but am scared to cut up one of my shells, anybody got a cut up shell they don't need?

Gambit1106
01-14-2006, 02:14 PM
I just threw out 2 or 3 sets of old shells because I couldn't even give them away. I even think I still have a pre-be board too.

TDonovan
01-14-2006, 06:22 PM
The reloader 12v series have decent shells. There are 2 versions; one looks like the regular 12v revvy, and the other has a sleeker shape and a magnetic lid. They activate on sound just like a reloader B would.

I have the first version and aside from cracking a lid off, it has been excellent. The plastic is of good quality and I'd be very surprised if I broke it. The second version reloader is even better with the magnetic lid. I HIGHLY suggest getting one of those.

Cow hunter
01-14-2006, 07:11 PM
well, my revvy snapped today........ so sad.......... but i got lnib shells from some kid who didnt like purple and was gonna throw them away