PDA

View Full Version : FLaTLiNe'S aRe iN THe SToRe!!!

DiRTyBuNNy
12-12-2001, 04:32 PM
The 4500 flatlines are in the online store now...$480 for them...it says they'll be in around December 17th...

Muzikman
12-12-2001, 04:36 PM
Yeah..but out of stock, Available week of Dec 17. So...I emailed Marcia (ya know, the cool AGDOfficeGal) and asked her about the Frosted/custom fade Warp. I also asked about the 4500 Flatlines...She had no clue that there was even an estimated avalability date. So she is looking into it for me/us:)

mattyfatty182
12-12-2001, 04:46 PM
The price seems a bit steep to me?! 480? Dang, that's gonna take a CHUNK outta my wallet....Oh well I WANT ONE!

AGD
12-12-2001, 04:50 PM
Guys,

I am doing the store stuff every night and the girls in the front office don't always get updated. If I say it in the store it's a good bet that's the facts. I will update the store as things change. Remember, we ususally advertise MSRP on the store so those prices will be higher. Keep an eye out though because we will offer things on the store that no dealer is likely to carry, like the custom fade Warps. It might be worth paying MSRP to get a custom. We will have a limited number of chrome 4500's that might only go on the store.

AGD

Muzikman
12-12-2001, 04:51 PM
It's about right for a high quaility 4500 system. It is alittle steep seeing as Tom was estimating about $50 to $75 more than a 3000PSI Flatline. Which is what? $300?:)

RSUAVE911
12-12-2001, 05:18 PM
:confused: :confused:

480? that is pretty ridiculous.

Don't you think Tom?

Load SM5
12-12-2001, 05:29 PM
Guys, he said that was the MSRP! Just hang loose and wait for it. MSRP is always higher.

Muzikman
12-12-2001, 05:36 PM
Yeah, but it sounds like the store will be all MSRP pricing. Which makes sense. AGD is the Manufacturer, so I think they should sell things for the manufacturer Suggested Retail Price:)

Just wishing I didn't buy the 3K Flatline last week:) Oh well, can always use another HPA system...

RSUAVE911
12-12-2001, 05:42 PM
Yeah that is how I understood it as well.
Manufacturer price= AGD Store price. Anyways, I am positive it is the best tank about to be on the market. Yet, 480 dollars is not too apeasing. I guess I will just have to wait until other sites have it.

Potatoboy
12-12-2001, 05:44 PM
screw 4500 flatlines, I just want a dovetail adapter for my 3000!

Russ
12-12-2001, 05:53 PM
WOW :eek: $480 is high :eek:

You can still get a new Apoc2k direct from AA for $415

Decisions, decisions :confused:

About MSRP and the online store. MSRP on the 3000's is $399, but Tom is selling them for $350 (888paintball has 'em for $270, though)

Maybe I'll wait until the stores have 'em :(

RSUAVE911
12-12-2001, 06:03 PM
yea russ with you the whole way on waiting for it.

:D :D

AGD? TOM?

Any clarification on prices?

Would be much appreciated!!

THANKS

AGD
12-12-2001, 08:41 PM
Ok one more time, prices you see for MAJOR products on our store will be at MSRP which is always higher than street price. MINOR products such as accessories and parts are trimmed back to competitive levels. If the dealers don't have the parts or accessories for your markers I want you to be able to get them here, get it?

In the future there will be special versions of the MAJOR products that will be available on the store. Those products with the special add ons at regular MSRP might be a good deal at the higher price. The 175 for a custom fade ice Warp is a good example.

In January we are going to distribute our 2002 price list as usual. Before we had a store we just ran up the MSRP because it didn't matter. In our new list we will adjust MSRP's to reflect a small percentage over expensive retail stores. The hope is that for you guys without a dealer in your area, you can still get all the fun stuff and support from us.

As you can see AGD is evolving into the type of company YOU want us to be. Who else gives you products, contests, accessories, forums, stores and tech classes along with DIRECT communication with me, the head of the company? I dare anyone to say we are sitting back and watching the world go by!

On a rant,

AGD

DiRTyBuNNy
12-12-2001, 08:48 PM
I don't want to open up a can of worms but i think Tom is right on what he says..he's not going to screw all his dealers just so that we can get a better price..but what we would appreciate is for Tom to tell us what Internet and specialty dealers in the industry have confirmed ordering 4.5k Flatlines (and when they should receive them)so that we can call them and order from them..so thay they sell what they get from Tom, and order more from him..Tom makes more money, we get it at the street price and everyone is happy...

RSUAVE911
12-12-2001, 08:49 PM
Thank You Tom..YOUR THE BEST!!:D :D

AGD
12-12-2001, 08:51 PM
If you guys REALLY want to help me, I mean this would REALLY REALLY help me, each of you would call 3 different big dealers and ask them if they had the new systems on order. This would make them order a bunch from us, everyone would get them, fight with each other on pricing as they always do, then you go cherry pick the best price!

GET IT???

thanks for the help,

AGD

mag59459
12-12-2001, 08:59 PM
i think i'll do just that

DiRTyBuNNy
12-12-2001, 09:55 PM
i've already emailed PaintballGear.com...we should start an email campaign to all the online retailers to see what they say...

damageinc54
12-13-2001, 01:45 AM
I know this has already been said but I just have to get my licks in because I have been eagerly awaiting this system for a long time and I am not too happy:mad: with what I am reading here. 480.00 for the 4500psi flatline is WAY TOO HIGH! I asked at the tech class about the price and I was told about 50-75 more than the 3000psi. I only paid 225.00 and 240.00 for my two 3000psi flatlines. MSRP or not that price is ridiculous. Who is going to order them from the AGD store when they can just wait for a couple of more weeks and buy it from one of the many internet stores out there at a much cheaper price? I expected to get better deals from the AGD store than other retailers. It seems to me that it is turning out to be just the opposite. I am not trying to step on any feet here but I just cannot see how anybody would pay more for it just to say they bought it directly from the AGD store. Just my unhappy 2 cents.

DjGruv
12-13-2001, 02:09 AM
I agree. Prices in the AGD store should be alittle better then street price. Don't tell us one thing and then do another. That's not kool! I remeber him saying 50-75 more as well. I can see paying $400-430 but not 480. I'd rather have the Angel air.:( The same thing with the super bolt. It was $50 bucks(with tour price,ya right)on the tour and here. Then I see it on national PB for $39. Then the intellaframe is at $109 on ntlpb. Here its $115. I guess that shows where we stand with AGD. Its all about the MONEY$$$:o Should of known it was a lie. I hate to see what you would sell the Xtreme for!?!

FooTemps
12-13-2001, 02:20 AM
I think they're selling it so expensive for a reason. The tanks can't really pay for themselves as of now and they need more hype and buyers before they slash the prices in half...

damageinc54
12-13-2001, 02:33 AM
I agree. They are selling them so expensive for a reason. TOO MAKE MONEY OFF OF US!!!!

Oregon_pb_
12-13-2001, 04:09 AM
While I really really like the idea of having a AirGun Design store online, i don't think i'd order through it. I use it to look up many parts and i *think* that is the purpose of it. While AGD would like to sell gear/parts through it, i don't think thats the main reason why he put up the online store. Like AGD posted its for people who don't have a Store who supply a certain part. I think that is where your getting confused DjGruv .

I run a Pball Business here in Oregon, and if AGD sold something for say $800, and it costs me as a dealer $785 that means i could at most make $15 minus shipping. Not really worth carrying the product. On the otherhand if AGD sold something for $800 and i as a dealer paid $700, I could sell it for $750-800 and make some money, thus i carry the product and AGD gets more dealers carrying the product. Its all about marketing.

I may be way off too and blowing smoke out my ***. I'm tired.

Later

Bad Dave
12-13-2001, 04:19 AM
Get a grip If AGD sold at retail or undercut the other online stores they would not carry AGD products because they would feel shafted.

where could people then buy AGD products? only direct from AGD but AGD would then have little or no exposure, no-one buys there products cept the whingers on this board AGD go under, u can't get parts, that would suck all cos u either cannot understand the logic behind this move or be patient enough for the gear to hit the retail sites.

You guys in the states are lucky when it comes to AGD stuff, what if you lived in germany or finland? try to find one retailer carrying their products let alone a multitude.

bottom line is tom cannot afford to undercut his dealers.

Dragoon
12-13-2001, 07:29 AM
Why are you all getting upset??!

Just read the posts. If you can wait a little, pester a few large retailers, you'll be able to buy the 4500# systems at their street price. I think they will end up being $350 to $400 depending where you buy.

This isn't hard to figure out, so lets all just relax. Unless of course you absolutely have to have it now in which case pay the premium and know your supporting AGD.

Douglas.

Shaft
12-13-2001, 07:52 AM
I know many markets where the factory CAN NOT undercut their distributors.

AGD SHOULD NOT be the cheapest source for products.

If I ran a store, I'd be ticked to find out the factory was wholesaling to the public while I was trying to feed my family based on my markup.

Now if AGD were to offer a loyal customer or AO member special discount once in awhile... I guess nobody here would complain.

damageinc54
12-13-2001, 12:32 PM
I have been supporting AGD and their products for a long time as you can see by my sig. I have given AGD a lot of business over the past 4 years. I just see no point of even having the store if they are going to charge obscene prices on it. If they cannot compete with other stores then who is going to buy from it? Perhaps the occasional player that does not shop around will buy from the AGD store but not me. I will wait for other stores to get it and but it cheaper. I am not going to spend more than I have too.

DjGruv
12-13-2001, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Shaft

Now if AGD were to offer a loyal customer or AO member special discount once in awhile... I guess nobody here would complain. [/B]

My point exactly! It wouldn't hurt to sell a limited run 100-200 to AO members at a good price.
OOh LOOK.. the retail for a flatline is $399. The AGD store had them for $300(oh look now there $350, figures). So if my math is correct that comes out to $380 for the 4500. :p So where does the $480 come from. The intellaframes MSRP is $132 we pay $115 with shipping.??This is why we are mad.

Dragoon
12-13-2001, 12:37 PM
The store is a great way to keep AGD customers up to date with availability of merchandise. It also gives those players that do not have a local store somewhere they trust to buy from online. Don't knock it just because it's not useful to you.

Douglas

DjGruv
12-13-2001, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Dragoon
The store is a great way to keep AGD customers up to date with availability of merchandise. It also gives those players that do not have a local store somewhere they trust to buy from online. Don't knock it just because it's not useful to you.

Douglas

What ever to that. Keep customers up to date? Thats what the board is for.

Shaft
12-13-2001, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by damageinc54
I will wait for other stores to get it and but it cheaper. I am not going to spend more than I have too.

That's what you should do. Is good this idea.

PRO_Ski101
12-13-2001, 01:57 PM
any chance of the regs coming in black and with a drop forward??

mag59459
12-13-2001, 02:01 PM
the agd store is great for getting parts otherwise unavalible except for calling the company. The store is a great way of putting all the stock parts in order for us. Break a little piece on your warp feed? no need to get a whole new one just look at agd's online store. The online store is not intended to sell major products such as guns or tanks. I think this store is a great step up for customer relationship, how many manufactorers have a nice little site like this just for the consumer of thier products. Keep in mind Tom put that store there to help us out and save us time in finding stock parts.

joeyjoe367
12-13-2001, 03:29 PM
For those of your complaining about the flatlines being too expensive, I have only one word for you:

Quitcherwhining

If you think it's too expensive, then DON'T BUY IT. It's that simple.

'Want lower prices? Do what tom says and start callin' your dealers and asking for the Flatline 4500's. They'll feel like people want 'em, and order 'em from AGD. The more retailers/dealers have 'em, the more competition there will be, and therefore

[b]LOWER PRICES[b]

get it?

Watch the language. -BlackVCG

vtec
12-13-2001, 04:02 PM
AGD is a business, not a charity. Give em a break. anyways, many people pay 550+ for angel AIRs.

mattyfatty182
12-13-2001, 04:03 PM
I called 888, 800, and PB Gear. The guys acted like they were "sifting through" records...they felt pretty stupid saying no.:D

damageinc54
12-18-2001, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by mag59459
The online store is not intended to sell major products such as guns or tanks.

I think Tom would disagree with you. If the store is not intended to sell major products then they would not be there.

damageinc54
12-18-2001, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
For those of your complaining about the flatlines being too expensive, I have only one word for you:

Quitcherwhining

If you think it's too expensive, then DON'T BUY IT. It's that simple.

'Want lower prices? Do what tom says and start callin' your dealers and asking for the Flatline 4500's. They'll feel like people want 'em, and order 'em from AGD.

Quit my whining??? I would like to know how many of you 480.00 defenders will be paying that much for the system. I highly doubt that any of you will spend that much in the AGD store when you can just wait a few weeks and get it cheaper from an online store. I do not collect a paycheck every week to market AGD's products to dealers. I am sure Tom has somebody to do that for him.

DjGruv
12-18-2001, 02:26 AM
So how many of you guys that have something to say are going to spend the $480????:rolleyes: I'm pretty sure most of you will be waiting:p Funny how Air America can sell there systems under retail direct from the factory. Too bad you guys don't know what your talking about! :p :p :p

RSUAVE911
12-18-2001, 05:48 AM
Bottom Line:

No one, (Maybe a few but the majority), will not pay 480 dollars for 4500 flatlines, it is just too expensive. So what myself and most will do is just wait for them to get cheaper. :D

Shaft
12-18-2001, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by DjGruv
Funny how Air America can sell there systems under retail direct from the factory. Too bad you guys don't know what your talking about! :p :p :p

Yeah I have no stinkin' clue what I'm talking about. Thank God there is someone like you to straighten me out.

Bartleby
12-18-2001, 07:51 AM
ah ha! Shaft, you admitt it! :D just kidding, i didn't mean it sherif. I'd never be the man to mess with the law.:D

Shaft
12-18-2001, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Bartleby
ah ha! Shaft, you admitt it! :D just kidding, i didn't mean it sherif. I'd never be the man to mess with the law.:D

*grumble* *grumble*

Actually I would still expect AGD to be expensive to allow the distributors to profit.
BUT I do agree that $480 is a ridiculously high price from any place.

mykroft
12-18-2001, 09:51 AM
As to the price, I don't care, I'll pay about the same in $$CDN as for Angel Air or a Max Flow 4.5k

My question is : Will they be at Skyball?

Ityl
12-18-2001, 09:56 AM
Got to drop zone paintball and pre order it for $380, and stop whining, please.