PDA

View Full Version : new to mags

a1killer
01-12-2006, 04:43 AM
ok i just bought an used auto mag and am wondering what op press it will run at and if its high press could i mod it to low press and still keep it working right and still play some speed ball and are there any mods i can do to make it the perfiact gun

Recon by Fire
01-12-2006, 05:16 AM
As far as upgrades, that all depends on what kind of Mag it is and what you alread have one it. Mags are high pressure, if you make it low pressure, it will not cock! Best upgardes for mags are the X-valve which includes the LX bolt and a UL trigger if it is a mech. Show us a pic!

a1killer
01-12-2006, 03:52 PM
I dont have it in hand right now but I know it feeds out of the right side of the gun like a warp fed body and its an regualr automag its all stock. I was thinking of getting a new body for it, and doing some stuff to it like new feedneck, valveing stuff like that; and by high pressaure what do you mean whats its operating pressuare set at?

Tao
01-12-2006, 05:43 PM
a Mag needs a minimum of 700psi comming in. This in my experience means it will fire but will starve in long strings. You should have your air tank putting in 800psi(standard on most tanks) or up to 1000psi with an adjustible tank. People have run 3000psi straight into the gun but this is not recomended.

If you get an RT or X valve putting closer to 1000psi will give you mare "reactive trigger" bounce.

a1killer
01-12-2006, 06:38 PM
ok kool that means ill have to buy a new nitro tank oh well lol

11 Bravo
01-12-2006, 09:08 PM
^^^^ Or just put a high pressure reg on the bottle you have now.

a1killer
01-13-2006, 07:06 PM
tru tru but then i wont have 2 tanks lol i would rather have 2 then one that way ill have one for my mag while i have one for my bkoand that way i wont have to buy a new reg for my bko thats for hp in stead of lp that i just bought for it lol