PDA

View Full Version : i'm in!!

ZeezNutz
12-12-2001, 04:36 PM
i have a future i'm going to college!! i got a denial letter in the male the other day but they called me the day after and told me i'm in. i am going to clemson to study engineering. i'm not sure wich kind though. i will also be in the rotc there in case i cant do all the math of the engineering stuff ;( any of yall know if an engineer will be needed in about 4 years? *cough* tom *cough*

Cliffio
12-12-2001, 04:43 PM
i would same more around 5:)

congrats and good luck
youll love college
i do:)

CLiff

slateman
12-12-2001, 04:48 PM
Maybe you should take a grammer class while you're there:D

ZeezNutz
12-12-2001, 05:07 PM
i gave up on grammer a long time ago. i just cant do it. most my teachers have given up too. thanks

ThePatriot
12-12-2001, 05:24 PM
HukEd onn FoNeX WrkS 4 mEe

Snappy
12-12-2001, 05:33 PM
Clemson in Oklahoma? Army ROTC? We (OSU) do a joint FTX with Clemson every year, would be cool to meet you. Of course, I'll be an MS3 (Junior) by then.

gimp
12-12-2001, 05:38 PM
I've been going to an engineering school for a semester now, and I rarely have to write anything. It's great. Even when I do have to write something, the professors say that they don't care about the grammer.

udtseal
12-12-2001, 06:42 PM
Congratulations!! I wish you the best of luck!!

ZeezNutz
12-12-2001, 07:24 PM
clemson in south carolina you know, the tigers? the gamecock's rivals? never heard of the clemson you talkin about

Ni cD
12-12-2001, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by gimp
I've been going to an engineering school for a semester now, and I rarely have to write anything. It's great. Even when I do have to write something, the professors say that they don't care about the grammer.

Where do you go to school!? I want in!!

:eek:NI:eek:

bunkerking
12-13-2001, 12:47 PM
congratulations!
who needs proper grammar anyway? :p :rolleyes:

the JoKeR
12-13-2001, 01:44 PM
As a graduate with a degree (and teaching licenses) in English and two other subjects, the average message I read on-line makes me want to put a bullet in my head! Use the SHIFT key! Use those silly little marks at the end of sentences! Send me $20.00! Worship Chomsky!

Anybody that understands that last reference will probably agree with me ;)

Maybe I'm just getting old......

Shaft
12-13-2001, 02:53 PM
In a company where there are, at least, two good engineers the one that can write gets the big money and early promotions before the other. Study your English.

Snappy
12-13-2001, 03:27 PM
I can't stand to use improper English. Even on an instant messenger I use punctuation and capitalization. I have to be really lazy not to. Anywho, Clemson in OK is near Ft. Sill, in Lawton. It's called the "behind" of Oklahoma in more colorful words, so I think it better you not go there. :) Anyway, I love ROTC. Great organization, and I'm a Pershing Rifles and VP of Scabbard and Blade. This year I'll hopefully be doing Bataan, a 26.5 memorial road march in White Sands, NM. Good luck!

Thordic
12-13-2001, 06:21 PM
Are you referring to Chomsky, the political anti-Imperialist dissident? I can't stand that guy :) Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but it doesn't mean you won't have the urge to smack them.

the JoKeR
12-13-2001, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
Are you referring to Chomsky, the political anti-Imperialist dissident? I can't stand that guy :) Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but it doesn't mean you won't have the urge to smack them.

Sounds almost as fun as the guy I meant, Noam Chomsky. Linguist and supposedly his work is quoted more than any literary work other than the bible. Be that as it may, I wouldn't mind giving him a .68 cal smack upside the head for making me work so dang hard in college! Oh well. I survived it and can write intelligently (at times).

Death to Linguists and their evil work!! Or at least nasty wedgies!