PDA

View Full Version : My new barrel option idea

dIVEANX
01-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, I have some guys on my team that like the Apex barrel but a few of them have A5's with foregrips and the Apex is too short so I came up with an idea.

http://www.xtremefanatics.com/myimages/apex.jpg
http://www.xtremefanatics.com/myimages/apex1.jpg

Its the tip for an SM1 kit. Its not an adapter its actually milled to accept the Apex tip so it works correctly.

I know some of you guys are not into scenarios and stuff but this thing really works.

Let me know what you think. If anyone might be interested.

Input is always a good thing.

minimag03
01-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Did it increase the performence?

Rudz
01-13-2006, 11:05 PM
it allows you to " curve" the flight path of your balls, around obstacles and such, spend alot of time adjusting, not in my game, some scenario guys rave about them...

minimag03
01-13-2006, 11:12 PM
it allows you to " curve" the flight path of your balls, around obstacles and such, spend alot of time adjusting, not in my game, some scenario guys rave about them...

I undersatnd what the Apex does, I just wanted to know if it increases he performence over the stock barrel set up compared to the upgraded one.

etjoyride
01-13-2006, 11:17 PM
If your into scenarios or a lot of woodsball then an SM-1 kit with an APex is a great idea.

Pretty cool

dIVEANX
01-14-2006, 08:06 AM
No real performance increase. it just gave my gave an option on barrel length and the ability to have inserts for better paitn to barrel match. The barrel that the Apex comes with is very short and isnt long enough to work with some MilSim products out there.

SlartyBartFast
01-15-2006, 04:51 PM
No real performance increase. it just gave my gave an option on barrel length and the ability to have inserts for better paitn to barrel match. The barrel that the Apex comes with is very short and isnt long enough to work with some MilSim products out there.

Paint to barrel match? The APEX is needs big bore to work.

After the APEX or base is just for looks....

11 Bravo
01-15-2006, 08:18 PM
^^^^^^^ The Apex doesnt need a large bore to work. The Apex doesnt do its thing until the ball is out of the barrel. Better paint to barrel match does help with efficiency. I put the Apex on one of my Freak tips and it works very well.