PDA

View Full Version : Question

bedspread
01-14-2006, 10:31 PM
How many of you Still use a mag as your "everyday" or main gun ?

to tell the truth i have only owned one mag and hated it,and i did not write that to start a flame thread .
it is the truth i found that the gun was a pure blender ,mind you it was not an x valve ,it was an original mag stock from the factory.

the only other gun i have had was a tippy '98 RT .it was nice if you had the right paint.
but i just recently gave that gun away .

Muffins
01-14-2006, 10:40 PM
try putting in a Lvl 10...that'll eliminate all your "blender" problems. it's pretty much considered an essential mag upgrade at this point.

bedspread
01-14-2006, 10:42 PM
i pretty much gave that gun to Punkncat a year or so ago.

Cow hunter
01-15-2006, 09:50 AM
i have 3 mags in my possesion as of now, and those are all i use unless i borrow another gun from a friend for a round or two

grEnAlEins
01-15-2006, 10:57 AM
I have a lvl 7 classic mag and I use it once in awhile, like when I play with my little brother who has a spyder clone. When I play most of the time, I use my 05 shocker.

Phantom_Mag
01-15-2006, 11:08 AM
I use my xmag, and phantomag.

Ace12GA
01-15-2006, 11:18 AM
I use my lvl7 classic all the time, its my primary. Never have trouble with chops either. I am using a pretty tough paint though, 8 bounce by Tom's test.

I am in the process of completing a second lvl7 classic mag to replace one of my backup markers too. Just waiting on a seal kit.

REDRT
01-15-2006, 11:48 AM
All I have now is mags. A RT classic and an Emag. Pre 97 I had a spider. Then I sold it to buy the RT in 97 and was my main gun till 04 when I bought the Emag. Markers will have to get a whole lot better before I consider a new marker. The Emag other than being just a little bigger and heavier stands up pretty well with the predator morlock installed.

athomas
01-15-2006, 11:50 AM
My emag is my primary gun. I have a Predator Angel as well, which is my backup.

BigEvil
01-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Ive been using mags as my primary since 94'.

1 powerfed mag
1 minimag
1 classic rt
1 Xmag
1 etac
1 spydermag w/xvalve

I do also own or have owned more than a dozen other guns. Quite frankly, I NEVER understood this whole "paint-blender" rep that mags get. I have NEVER had problems. Even rapid firing my lvl7 classic RT I never had chopping issues unless I had really bad paint.

Arstron
01-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Mags are my primary right now. I have my E-mag, my dragun-mag (spyder-mag), my stock class mag, and working on my zgriped warp mag. I am considering getting a freestyle though, but I have no problems with using a mag as a primary gun. The only problems I have had with chops is from me out shooting my hopper. Thats the number one reason why people think mags are paint blenders.

cioeboy
01-15-2006, 12:33 PM
my mech mag has been my primary since my angel board burned out (2 years)
now it will be sitting backup once my predator board arrives

REDRT
01-15-2006, 01:03 PM
I do also own or have owned more than a dozen other guns. Quite frankly, I NEVER understood this whole "paint-blender" rep that mags get. I have NEVER had problems. Even rapid firing my lvl7 classic RT I never had chopping issues unless I had really bad paint.

Lucky for you! LOL My RT classic had Lvl7 originaly. Blender city! It could smash a half a dozen balls in the breach, blow up all the balls in the powerfeed. Even once it was running low on paint so it blowed the paint all the way up and cracked the hopper! I spent more time with a sweegee than playing! I used to carry 3 barrels with me playing woods ball just so I could play more than a hopper. I was stuck buying the best paint money could buy at the time and I'd bet I could only get around half of them to fly. I gave up and put the marker away for years till I got wind of the lvl10. The lvl10 was a god send. Should have had it all the long. Maybe mags might have been more popular.

bedspread
01-15-2006, 11:06 PM
At the time i had my mag (lvl7) i had one of the fastest hoopers and would either out shoot it or just blend the paint in the breach

kevdupuis
01-15-2006, 11:48 PM
My main marker is a mech mag, although I've been leaning more towards pumps lately.

Recon by Fire
01-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Yep, I shoot my Mags 99% of the time.

11 Bravo
01-16-2006, 12:51 AM
I have four different electronic mags and use them all.
I dont get why mags have the rep of being a blender either. I bought my first mag in '92 or '93 and only had a gravity feed hopper and once you got a rhythm going it was no problem at all. Maybe a lvl7 isnt for rhythmecally challenged people. :)

etjoyride
01-16-2006, 01:28 AM
I use my VSC semi mag about the same amount that i use my viking, and as soon as i get the pump kit for it....It might see more use :ninja:

peewee
01-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Mag primary & secondary except on pump day!!!