PDA

View Full Version : Future Proof Markers(gatz, yo)

GT
01-14-2006, 11:25 PM
I have been giving this a bit of thought lately. What guns are truly future proof? I suppose we should first define future proof. I know for a fact that as long as a paintball is round and roughly 68 calibur that any gun from yester year that can mangine 300fps will work fine for todays game. So I thought the definition should encompus those guns which will still have parts availible to them and would still field use. Also these would have to be guns that can actually played with day after day and not spend most of thier life on the service bench.

Feel free to add your thoughts. So the question should be, why buy something that is a flash in the "paintball" pan?

Pumps
CCI Phantom- I think these guys have been building phantoms since the late 80's.

Mechs
AGD- I remember reading somewhere that AGD could keep thier doors open just on parts. Not sure if there is any truth to that. Oh, almost forgot how old is the mag? And it still competes?

Worr- there are so many cockers out there that my great, great, great grand kids will be able to find NIB STOs on ebay

Electros
WDP- In pains me to see angel's going so cheap on ebay. But I think you will still find people playing with them.

Chronobreak
01-14-2006, 11:33 PM
i dont see tippmann on the list

with few parts, and most are fairly common and easy to replace, and the others rarely if ever would go...soo yeah i would say they should be around for some time still

camilion705
01-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Thats the "Big Four" right there.

evilhomer
01-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Thats the "Big Four" right there.

CCI <3

psychowarden
01-15-2006, 12:15 AM
I have been giving this a bit of thought lately. What guns are truly future proof? I suppose we should first define future proof. I know for a fact that as long as a paintball is round and roughly 68 calibur that any gun from yester year that can mangine 300fps will work fine for todays game. So I thought the definition should encompus those guns which will still have parts availible to them and would still field use. Also these would have to be guns that can actually played with day after day and not spend most of thier life on the service bench.

Feel free to add your thoughts. So the question should be, why buy something that is a flash in the "paintball" pan?

Pumps
CCI Phantom- I think this guy have been building phantoms since the late 80's.

Mechs
AGD- I remember reading somewhere that AGD could keep thier doors open just on parts. Not sure if there is any truth to that. Oh, almost forgot how old is the mag? And it still competes?

Worr- there are so many cockers out there that my great, great, great grand kids will be able to find NIB STOs on ebay

Electros
WDP- In pains me to see angel's going so cheap on ebay. But I think you will still find people playing with them.

CCI is pretty much a one man show. As far as I know, Mike still assembles them personally. And this is what he told me face to face, man that was a fun trip. And man do I love my phatom.

nate2k191
01-15-2006, 12:39 AM
i dont know much of CCI, but i do know AGD makes some quiality stuff. mags last for years, and they came out with great upgrades. i could live on mags alone... well i do.

cioeboy
01-15-2006, 12:42 AM
mags definitly

my all mech mag still keeps up with the electros at my local field

VFX_Fenix
01-15-2006, 06:14 AM
mags definitly

my all mech mag still keeps up with the electros at my local field

When one has "skillz" one doesn't need the latest and greatest to "keep up"

I've seen a guy with an M98 runnign on CO2 and a VL200 (not even an M98C) who could hang with the Tourney ball guys and their super guns. I've seen similar from guys playing stock class in Airball games.

As the old saying goes, It only takes one ball to eliminate even the best of us.

buzzboy
01-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Mech:
This might be a tie betwen Tippmann(especially the older ones that were solid, not the clamshells) and AGD(well duh). I don't think cockers will make it as far. Just a hunch. Also I think that the good old BE stingray will make it far into the future. Very solid guns even thought they are plastic.

Electros:
I didn't see it on the list but I think that AKA might go into the future. I mean they already stopped makng guns but I believe that they will have parts for a while.

Pump:
There are a few that I think will make it here. In order from longest to shortest

PGPs
SL 68s
Nelspots

Steelrat
01-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Don't forget Palmer. After seeing some blazers, and trying them out a few times, I finally ordered one. Solid, reliable, simple.

GT
01-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Don't forget Palmer. After seeing some blazers, and trying them out a few times, I finally ordered one. Solid, reliable, simple.

Have you played with it yet. I always wanted a blazer but the price :wow:

The Action Figure
01-15-2006, 01:36 PM
sorry, but sp is here to stay

fullofpaint
01-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Spyder too, jsut a scommon to see at most fields as tippmanns

Steelrat
01-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Have you played with it yet. I always wanted a blazer but the price :wow:

No, not yet, haven't got it in. I bought one NIB, but not from Palmers, so I paid less than they would charge.

Still love my AKA guns, but I got sick of the constant arms race, and the amount of paint I threw. Smaller slower gun will force me to move more, which I enjoy. It also runs fine off CO2, yay!

Plus, even if I hate it, Palmers hold their resale better than almost anything else out there.

GT
01-15-2006, 03:02 PM
sorry, but sp is here to stay

that maybe true but can you even buy shocker parts from them anymore?

SPECK
01-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Ya, mags definatly.

I am thinking about buying another mag.