PDA

View Full Version : APG 2006 buyers guide review...

skife
01-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Usually, APG doesn't bother me to read that much, sometimes there are good articles in there, sometimes just a bunch of people complaining about overshooting or "pro" players.

So i spent the $5 and bought the APG '06 buyers guide.
first off, i flipped through it and notices alot of adds, typical for APG, but usually APG is ALOT thicker.

Second, they dont have enough gun reviews, and the one's they do have some of them are out of date, i didn't see a review for the freestyle, but i did see a review for a b2k2!!! WTF? this gun hasn't been made for 4 years, i feel cheated out of my money.

They didn't say one bad thing about any of the markers they had in there... at all.
Just positive stuff, Meaning this magazine didn't want to piss off any pontential sponsors so they just kissed their asses.

sorry about the rant/review, i just kinda feel cheated.

whistl3r
01-15-2006, 06:52 PM
i saw a paintball mag about 3 months ago that did very thorough reviews on almost every gun on the market and judged them based on value, cosmetics, weight, and like 5 other categories.. the mag is at a friends house.. i can't remember the name of it.. ill post if i can get it back.

bentothejam1n
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
yea I dont like the new layout of apg after they made the switch.......
I think ill just switch to recon lol
And I've noticed they tend to repeat a ton of stuff from month to month

skife
01-15-2006, 07:28 PM
yea I dont like the new layout of apg after they made the switch.......
I think ill just switch to recon lol
And I've noticed they tend to repeat a ton of stuff from month to month

what did they make the switch to?

UTDragun
01-15-2006, 07:59 PM
theres a magazine that comes out once a year, "What is it Paintball" or something like that and last years did reviews on guns and it was pretty in depth.

bentothejam1n
01-15-2006, 10:02 PM
what did they make the switch to?
They changed the layout of the article and they changed some of their color schemes
I dunno maybe its just me