PDA

View Full Version : forgot something...

whistl3r
01-15-2006, 06:49 PM
i was playing around with the reactivity on my ult yesterday at a game.. i had it @ 15 bps for a while with 5 or 6 shims (so many kids asking if it was full auto or 3 round burst haha).. then i wanted to take the reactivity out.. so i went down to 3 shims. but when i put the ult back into my valve, i forgot to screw the top part of the assembly on (derp) and when i went to fire it... this thing went frickin crazy! it was well over 15 bps.. im guessing over 20.. and i was all wtf! i dry fired it maybe 100 times and about 50 shots with paint.. but when the lvl10 caught a ball the bolt wouldnt reset.. maybe if i had a harder spring it would have. but then i looked down and saw the other half of my ult sitting on the table and i was all oops..

so i took it back apart to see if i broke anyhting.. and everyhting was fine except for a shim that was slightly bent.. but if i took all the shims out and put just the bottom of the ult in and played like that, would anything break? it was really funny and i wanna do it again. i htink it ruined my lvl10 bumper though.. it was in bad shape after yesterday.

REDRT
01-15-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm sure we all have done something like leaving out a part. Anyway I find glueing the bummer down saves them much longer. The Emag chewed 1 a day until I did that. I just use super glue, but there was something better listed along time ago here from the hobby store that supossed to work like a gem.

UTDragun
01-15-2006, 08:07 PM
when you leave that out, It usually doesnt fully cycle, its not good for the parts either.

Lohman446
01-15-2006, 08:41 PM
i was playing around with the reactivity on my ult yesterday at a game.. i had it @ 15 bps for a while with 5 or 6 shims (so many kids asking if it was full auto or 3 round burst haha)..

I love how we can make it sound like we can actually control the BPS of a mag on reactive settings. Yeh, so I set my marker in runaway mode, to...

:rolleyes:

Automaggot68
01-15-2006, 10:11 PM
I love how we can make it sound like we can actually control the BPS of a mag on reactive settings. Yeh, so I set my marker in runaway mode, to...

:rolleyes:

I like that people actually post about messing with their ULT.

Soon you'll be seeing posts like :

" so last night I was playing with my trigger stops....."

whistl3r
01-16-2006, 12:24 AM
when you leave that out, It usually doesnt fully cycle, its not good for the parts either.

thx a lot ut. good to hear im not the only one who has done this..

wanna-b-ballin'
01-16-2006, 02:39 AM
wouldn't that leave alot of that skinny on/off pin exposed so that it could bend easier?

mobsterboy
01-16-2006, 12:37 PM
I like that people actually post about messing with their ULT.

Soon you'll be seeing posts like :

" so last night I was playing with my trigger stops....."

its more like
" so last night I got on AO and flamed some kid about his glasses, then proceded to defile his great grandfather, even though he's dead, and I had no shame in it"

Yeah, wannab, thats what i thought too. QFT Lohman