PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this is a tech question but...another ebay sighting

Dark Side
01-15-2006, 07:18 PM
This Is A Automag RT paintball rifle. It is in great condition

The Automag RT was designed to be and is the world's fastest shooting paintball marker and is with the input of pressure for this RT on this gun is from 650 to 750 psi. The RT's regulator recharges so quickly ( up to five times faster then the 68Automag) that the friction heats up the compressed air molecules filling the air chamber. The temperature in the air chamber can get as high as 180 degrees and can make the front of the gun warm after a string of shots. It is important to understand that when the air chamber is filling with hot air under pressure, it cools off rapidly over several seconds. This cooling will reduse both the chamber pressure and the velocity. If you fire the RT while the air chamber is hot (high pressure) your velocity will be higher. If you wait, the air chamber will cool and velocity will drop noticealbly. The faster you fire you RT the more consistent your velocity will be.

It also includes the autolube and the ball feed attachment.

Nice rifle, I never noticed an increase in temp with any of mine. With such technical sounding words in his description you would figure hopper elbow would be used instead of "ball feed attachment".

Chris_automag_07
01-15-2006, 08:20 PM
no it is true....my x always heats up after a long string. dont flame someone just for trying to sell something on ebay, just think which one you would buy......for example "agg gat 4 sale, 2 fast 4 me, valve is like warm when ju shoot" or " nice paintball rifle"...looks to me like someone is just trying to sell a gun. ;)

Dark Side
01-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Wasn't flaming for selling on ebay. Was saying when bringing physics into the mix, the correct terms should be used.

Automaggot68
01-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Wasn't flaming for selling on ebay. Was saying when bringing physics into the mix, the correct terms should be used.

Well, we all can't be as smart as you.

warbeak2099
01-15-2006, 11:25 PM
I don't think "hopper elbow" has anything to do with physics...

camilion705
01-15-2006, 11:34 PM
no it is true....my x always heats up after a long string.

Mine gets super cold... In fact all of my guns get cold when they are shot fast. (No I'm not using CO2. That makes guns freeze...)

Chris_automag_07
01-15-2006, 11:50 PM
odd.......odd indeed.

cledford
01-16-2006, 05:24 PM
The RT does heat up when shot - even if you don't notice it. The fact is that the friction between the air/valve and air/other-air-molecules during recharge (charging) is what causes it. (the same thing happens when you fill a compressed air system – just to a lesser degree) HP/compressed air systems (of which the RT valve is just an example) warm up when charged and cool off when discharged. The cooling is caused by the rapidly passing air robbing heat (electrons) as it passes the metal components. Technically the RT should warm at the valve end (where the air enters) and cool at the power tube. (where it exits)

The RT "shoot-up" or pressure spike is well documented and the reason behind the infamous "RT chrono procedure" - although I never thought that it (shoot-up), or saw in testing, caused much of any problem or significant increase in velocity. I think Tom was erring on the side of caution regarding the whole matter - although it does in fact exist. The problem was that his truthfulness caused the RT valve to be viewed as a sort of “cheaters device” as it could technically be viewed as a mechanical form of velocity ramping. What the RT process does (as I see) is cause you to chrono you gun *under* the FPS limit (during slow fire) so that during rapid fire you don’t exceed the FPS limit due to the shoot-up. I don’t know – when the Emag first came out it had 3 and 6 round (9 bps) burst modes. I never saw more than 2-4 FPS “shoot-ups” (through a computer chrono) and you’ll see the same in any gun – differences in ball size, reg & air system performance can cause that much.

Too bad - the whole "shoot up" thing killed the Emag from what I saw. If you left the trigger rod in it was too easy to get to bounce in hybrid mode and judges (for some reason it is always cool to be a ‘mag hater) could all to frequently get guns with rods to bounce. Take the rod out and the same refs would DQ your marker because it couldn't be chrono'd to the "manufacturers published procedures."

C02 causes “shoot down” as the process of the CO2 “boiling” off in the valve robs heat from the metal and cause the thing to chill. Then the subsequent shoots are “boiling” in a cooler environment.

-Calvin

GT
01-16-2006, 06:24 PM
I never saw more than 2-4 FPS “shoot-ups” (through a computer chrono) and you’ll see the same in any gun – differences in ball size, reg & air system performance can cause that much.

-Calvin

I get the feeling that most compressed air running guns have some amount of shoot up. Sad for the mag though, AGD is to honest sometimes.

Beemer
01-17-2006, 02:23 AM
I never saw more than 2-4 FPS “shoot-ups” (through a computer chrono) and you’ll see the same in any gun – differences in ball size, reg & air system performance can cause that much.

Thats close to the 5fps max shoot up I thought it was, but wheres the ROF at to get the shoot up and will the shoot up, go up if the ROF goes up from that point?
Will your chrono read fps on 15 balls in 1 sec.? What chronos will?[thanks]

Ya ball size[shape] and Weight to, how consistant is it :ninja:

I get the feeling that most compressed air running guns have some amount of shoot up. Sad for the mag though, AGD is to honest sometimes.

I was thinking the other way. I bet they have some amount of shoot down, or they dont have the Brass AGD has to be SAFE and honest and tell us. Come to think of it I dont hear anybody braging they shoot 300fps every ball at 15bps. :wow: Wait can AGD say that?
Hmmm I wonder what the numbers really are.

Peace Out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif