PDA

View Full Version : level 10 question

jaybird2
01-15-2006, 09:44 PM
I have a question about the level 10.

before I ask let me state that I know its not looked upon as good to turn your volocity above 300 fps.(DANGEROUS)

but my question is can you tune the leve 10 to be able to shoot say 365fps and it will still work fine? I will prob not go up to 365 but that is far enough for me to know. I dont play on governed fields so theres no limit only safty I have to watch out for.

WILL I BE ABLE TO GET IT TO FUNCTION AT HIGH VOLOCITYS? DOES IT FUNCTION WORK TO THE LEVELS OF SPEED THAT THE GUNS RANGES ARE(WILL IT WORK WITH THE GUN TURNED ALL THE WAY DOWN AND ALSO ALL THE WAY UP)

Dayspring
01-15-2006, 11:18 PM
The valve will vent out of the overpressure hole if you go above 300 too much.

FYI- goggles are NOT rated to take a hit of over 300fps. If you shoot somebody, and it breaks and they lose their eye, you will be personally and financially responsible.

DO NOT BE AN IDIOT. :mad:

jaybird2
01-15-2006, 11:31 PM
yea I know they say goggles are rated at 300 but we have done testing with them and have shot them pointblank at over 400fps and the only thing it ever did was make a small crack it would not even go through if you added another 100fps and that is up close(at normal range if it leaves the barrle at say 350 buy the time it reaches the person it will be below the 300fps anyway)(as soon as the ball leaves the barrel it greatly loses volocity)oh and have you heard of lipstick rounds used by the police and army because they are shoot at about 450fps or alittle less but they use the same goggles(they are much smaller but theyr are very hard they dont bust like a paintball)

we have all played together over 5 years and we have someone running at over 420 but I play woodsball and we dont shoot as close as speedball(you would be suprised to find out how many people out there really play at very high volocites)

im not trying to argue right or wrong though!!!

so the x-valves dont go much over 300? I know the old automag valves(minimag is what I have and Im getting the x-valve)would go way over 300fps , I mean way over.

JeepinCalifornia
01-16-2006, 12:02 AM
There are set safetly limits, specifications, tolerances, etc., for a reason. I'm all for having fun, but is it really worth just one ball getting through and taking out your eye, or worse yet, one of your friend's ? Your "lipstick (bean bag?) rounds" are used as a non-lethal means of force, not for training...

ThePixelGuru
01-16-2006, 04:04 AM
Not nonlethal. Less lethal. Those rounds can kill people, and they have. Paintball safety specifications are set for a reason, folks. Paintballers shouldn't set velocities that high; we're trying to safely mark a player, not hurt and drive off rioters. As for equipment being able to handle more than that, sure, but it shouldn't. I _know_ my 3000psi tank can hold 5000psi, but I'd never fill it to that.

None of us care how safe you think it is and how few people you say have been hurt. As responsible players none of us will help you set your velocity to a speed that we think is unsafe. If you're playing like that, you're on your own. If you guys really want the extra range, I've heard good things about the Apex barrel system. Get that, and play safe.

Dayspring
01-16-2006, 09:59 AM
You just said it yourself- it made a small crack. Guess what, shoot it again and it WILL break and you WILL shoot somebody in the eye.

DO NOT BE AN IDIOT.

yea I know they say goggles are rated at 300 but we have done testing with them and have shot them pointblank at over 400fps and the only thing it ever did was make a small crack it would not even go through if you added another 100fps and that is up close(at normal range if it leaves the barrle at say 350 buy the time it reaches the person it will be below the 300fps anyway)(as soon as the ball leaves the barrel it greatly loses volocity)oh and have you heard of lipstick rounds used by the police and army because they are shoot at about 450fps or alittle less but they use the same goggles(they are much smaller but theyr are very hard they dont bust like a paintball)

we have all played together over 5 years and we have someone running at over 420 but I play woodsball and we dont shoot as close as speedball(you would be suprised to find out how many people out there really play at very high volocites)

im not trying to argue right or wrong though!!!

so the x-valves dont go much over 300? I know the old automag valves(minimag is what I have and Im getting the x-valve)would go way over 300fps , I mean way over.

rb211
01-16-2006, 11:39 PM
And to add to Dayspring's quote, the fact that yo got a lens to take a 400 fps hit with only a crack is PURE LUCK. If you shot me going that fast and cracked my lens, I don't care if you were my best friend, I would be hard pressed to not want to kill you. Also, the fact that it only cracked on that lens doesn't mean that the next lens that you replaced it with won't completely fail and the unlucky person that you shoot will lose his eye or worse. I have to fully agree with Dayspring on this one, DO NOT BE AN IDIOT. Doing stupid things like this are the very things that give paintball a bad name.

Either that or have a lawyer and your checkbook ready, you are in for a rough life.