PDA

View Full Version : gahhhhh... when is the e-mag pred board coming out?!!?!

p00
01-15-2006, 10:31 PM
I am pulling my hair out in anticipation... It's been forEVS, I'm literally dying. I told Santa that the only thing I wanted was for the board to come out. I've been good all year. I volunteered like woah, probably, like, 35 hours of community servce. I've helped the elderly cross the street, my neighbors take out their trash. Gahh, I guess Santa really doesn't exist then. That's TWO disappointments in the last month. This year is not off to a very good start. :cry: -this is what I would look like right now if I were yellower and more spherical.

11 Bravo
01-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Well the good news is.... We will probably get them this year...maybe...cross your fingers..

REDRT
01-16-2006, 01:09 AM
No real insentive to even build it with the limited number of preorders. I'd doubt it will ever be availible. :ninja:

11 Bravo
01-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Oh, he says hes going to build them no matter what and that he has a use for them other than the ones for preorder. No reason to lead us on if hes not going to do it.
He had the limit of 50 preorders untill he started screwing around, then he lost people. 50 was his number and he had them. He says hes going to make 100 of them. I doubt he would have a problem selling them.

p00
01-16-2006, 02:32 AM
I did pre-order one.. and I've been sitting here like I have to pee for all this time waiting for some good news. Why, why do you torment us, Bob from TAG?

BigEvil
01-16-2006, 08:38 AM
I truly believe that they are at the mercy of their supply chain. Im sure that they are as frustrated about all of this as we are.

Someone on the AGD forum at PBN was asking the about same thing. Here is what I repsonded with:

Hey, im with you guys. Its been what, 6-7 months? I have somewhere around $390 invested in these things, weather through TAG or their other dealers. No one knows or has heard diddily-squat, and are afraid to even ask for fear of getting bumped off the preorder list. I also know that Coolhand has 15 people who forked over $400+ for his eframe, and they are in the same situation as we are, waiting for TAG to deliver new DIY boards.

Just for the record, I dont have any affiliation with TAG other than being a customer. I was just the dumb-*** that came up with the idea for the predator emag boards, convinced TAG to run with them, then took point in trying to drumb up interest in it.

I have spoken to Paul (Lorncash) who developed the Xmod software. I have the beta vesion of the software and the users manual he made for it. He did a great job with the manual. It is one of the best ones for something paintball I have seen in a while. I dont have the programer yet to install it on my markers yet, but I should soon. Once the bugs are out of it, and the final version is released I will do my best to help out any mag owner who wants the software, but doesnt want to spend the $$ on the programer.

Just keep in mind, that this is nowhere near as full of features as the TAG stuff. The stock emag boards are only about 2k, and you just cant hold that much on it. However, there are some really nice features on the Xmod stuff, and it looks far far better than the stock AGD software. I have heard it is even much better than the fabled 4.xx AGD software that only an elite few people have.

For anyone who hasnt seen the development thread, its here
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=185314
There is more than enough there to bring the gun into the 21st century.

Just to be fair to the TAG folks, there are about 1,000,000 things and reasons that are out of their control in regards to the manufacturing and design proccess. Im sure they are as pissed off about all of this as we are, if not more. Its their reputation that is taking a beating, and on top of that, they have a bunch or disgruntled customers harrassing them about everything. So I bet they will be just as happy when the boards are delivered as we will be.

So im going to just sit on my hands, forget about it, and wait patiently like everyone else. In the mean time, I will get the programmer and put the Xmod software on my mags. When I get the Predators, I will still hang on the the stock boards with the xmod on it as back up. I figure that the TAG stuff will be hard to get one day, and I will keep the others for a just-in-case scenario.

So basically, no one knows, no one will tell us anything, and no one will ask for fear of reprocussion....

The Xmod software IS the alternative. Keep you eye on Lornecash's thread in the Workshop for more info. (The link is posted above)

One day this week I will attempt to call TAG and speak to someone, or at least try to get some kind of info out of them. (But im not holding my breath)

REDRT
01-16-2006, 09:57 AM
My take on it is; It will bomb. Anytime someone has even started to make any emag specific reguarding boards/software and has got us all hyped up it never gets made. I feel for you all that are waiting for it. Sure glad I was offline during the preorder stage. Otherwise I might be in the same boat. I got the DYI predator morlock last year. Though it is more than I need, this new board sounds nice.

GT
01-16-2006, 11:13 AM
My take on it is; It will bomb. Anytime someone has even started to make any emag specific reguarding boards/software and has got us all hyped up it never gets made. I feel for you all that are waiting for it. Sure glad I was offline during the preorder stage. Otherwise I might be in the same boat. I got the DYI predator morlock last year. Though it is more than I need, this new board sounds nice.

Lets see how many aftermarket triggers are there for emags? Through into the mix the ULE battery boxes and you have a few parts that are popular for the ol' emag. There is money there for new products, its harder to convience 'maggers that ther stock parts suck and the need to upgrade :rofl:

WARPED1
01-16-2006, 02:40 PM
The magic dwarves told me the board will be out in February. February 30th.

Alpha
01-16-2006, 08:03 PM
hubba hubba ?! I'm buying lowers.

smilestyler
01-16-2006, 09:35 PM
hubba hubba ?! I'm buying lowers.

Take your time :rolleyes:

SCpoloRicker
01-16-2006, 10:19 PM

Dwarves? I thought it was gnomes?

Pha|anx
01-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Dwarves? I thought it was gnomes?Lies all lies! Tis the Elves. :p

/An E-Mag board? :eek:
//Some imagination you have...

REDRT
01-17-2006, 12:56 AM
There is money there for new products, its harder to convience 'maggers that ther stock parts suck and the need to upgrade :rofl:

More like: it's harder to convience 'maggers to buy generic parts. Battery packs for instance. Anybody make an exact Xmag one? Answer no. Everything else generic, not as nice. Colors becoming very generic Blue, red, black, raw. YaAH! Nothing for gold/orange fade.
Anyway the new drop in Predator isn't generic. Very much for the E/Xmag. I sure hope it is a go with more to go around, maybe I'd get one to replace the generic predator morlock.

VFX_Fenix
01-17-2006, 04:23 AM
YaAH! Nothing for gold/orange fade.

I wish I had some Gold/Orange Fade E-Mag lowers *sniffle*

REDRT
01-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I wish I had some Gold/Orange Fade E-Mag lowers *sniffle*

Keep on a wishing. :p

GoblinGreen
05-08-2006, 09:36 AM

Hey warped Think its time to take your magic elves off of that giggle twig, unless they predicted a year as well for delivery :D

RapidTransit
05-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Just keep in mind, that this is nowhere near as full of features as the TAG stuff. The stock emag boards are only about 2k, and you just cant hold that much on it. However, there are some really nice features on the Xmod stuff, and it looks far far better than the stock AGD software. I have heard it is even much better than the fabled 4.xx AGD software that only an elite few people have.
I wonder since manufacturers of microcontrollers tend to just add instruction sets instead of completely changing them around, if a current generation AVR controller were used that had more memory. Maybe completely change the layout, make it smaller, maybe have the LCD come out the back of the frame so we can fit a pneumatic cylinder and 3 way noid in there and use the extra battery power to drive a Halo. Just some things to throw out there. :dance:

ABTOCMEPTb
05-08-2006, 11:07 AM
I think Xmod buried all other boards.

Chronobreak
05-08-2006, 02:31 PM
I think Xmod buried all other boards.

wha.. :spit_take

Recon by Fire
05-08-2006, 08:17 PM
I hate to be negative but I thought the whole pre-order deal was a bad idea, and I was right. I'd like to see the TAG board come out for everyone but i'm not holding my breath. I doubt it will see the light of day :(

Meanwhile....Xmod is alive and here. It would be nice to see ot become an AGD official update.