PDA

View Full Version : Tips for me on eletric guns

cjs20
01-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I am getting ready to get a eletric gun.....i dont really know how they work so if u have any tips on them tell me plz....i am thinking of getting a e-force gti :shooting:

WARPED1
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
First, you need to figure out your style of play. If you are heavy into tournaments, get a DM4,5,6,C or a Shocker. If you play the ocassional local tourney, get yourself an Eblade cocker or an Ion or the like.
Recreational speedball, the plethora of E Spyders or the Piranha you mentioned. Or a used Emag.
Second, you need to look at how skilled in repairs you are with these guns.
These are just some of the things one should consider before buying an E gun. Really, the first question should be:"Do I need an Egun?"

Lohman446
01-16-2006, 03:59 PM
If you are looking at a Piranha I would recommend stepping up to the Evo - break beam eyes are a great addition and well worth the money. I do not beleive they came on the E-force.

Automaggot68
01-16-2006, 05:07 PM
First, you need to figure out your style of play. If you are heavy into tournaments, get a DM4,5,6,C or a Shocker. If you play the ocassional local tourney, get yourself an Eblade cocker or an Ion or the like.
Recreational speedball, the plethora of E Spyders or the Piranha you mentioned. Or a used Emag.
Second, you need to look at how skilled in repairs you are with these guns.
These are just some of the things one should consider before buying an E gun. Really, the first question should be:"Do I need an Egun?"

If he was heavy into tournements, he'd know everything you just said.

All you need to know is that everyone of the E-guns you see, will as fast as you pull the trigger.
Most require HPA systems and relatively little to maintenance, depending on how hard you abuse them.

WARPED1
01-16-2006, 05:20 PM
If he was heavy into tournements, he'd know everything you just said.

All you need to know is that everyone of the E-guns you see, will as fast as you pull the trigger.
Most require HPA systems and relatively little to maintenance, depending on how hard you abuse them.
That's true! I didn't think of that! Me smart. :tard:

Automaggot68
01-16-2006, 08:20 PM
That's true! I didn't think of that! Me smart. :tard:

<3

neppo1345
01-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Don't get it (too) wet...
RTFM

68magOwner
01-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Don't get it (too) wet...
RTFM

you really have to get an electro REALLY wet to actually break it, 98% of the time, the mechanics of the marker fail in water before the electronic parts. I have played tournaments in downright downpours, and the water, mud, ect, jammed up alot of markers, but, there were 0 reports of any fried electronics or anything of the sort at all.

hardr0ck68
01-17-2006, 12:38 AM
you really have to get an electro REALLY wet to actually break it, 98% of the time, the mechanics of the marker fail in water before the electronic parts. I have played tournaments in downright downpours, and the water, mud, ect, jammed up alot of markers, but, there were 0 reports of any fried electronics or anything of the sort at all.

sooo no taking it in the hot tub with you! Wayyyy off topic has anyone else played with pb markers in a pool? not with paint, but fill the barrel up with water then blast someone in the back.... :tard:

on a much more serious note, i would NOT buy any "upgrades" for a long time, or until you have identified a specific problem you know to exist that routine maintaince will not fix. Lots of kiddies get suckered into hundreds of dollars of upgrades just to get the same performance they had out of the box. I know i was once upgrade crazy myself!!!

whistl3r
01-17-2006, 03:24 AM
[QUOTE=hardr0ck68]sooo no taking it in the hot tub with you! Wayyyy off topic has anyone else played with pb markers in a pool? not with paint, but fill the barrel up with water then blast someone in the back.... :tard: [QUOTE]

i've submerged my mag and shot it afterwards.. but not when the barrel was filled with water.. that would be some funny stuff!

also.. don't get a crappy new electro.. get a decent used electro. i just picked up a barely used wrath for $150. you can get a basically new and possibly even uppd ion or wrath for super cheap in bst.

68magOwner
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
also.. don't get a crappy new electro.. get a decent used electro. i just picked up a barely used wrath for $150. you can get a basically new and possibly even uppd ion or wrath for super cheap in bst.

yeah, if your willing to buy used, thats absolutley a better route, you can pick up a used DM3 for ~$250 which will perform as well as any top of the line marker.

The Action Figure
01-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Gun Comes with stock barrel, and a 12in cp 1 piece bore size .689

I can add a brand new crossfire 68/3000 steel tank for another 75 good until 2011 and a revi

Price-125
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/33000/Picture2_026_rs.jpg

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/33000/Picture2_027_rs.jpg

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/33000/Picture2_025_rs.jpg

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/33000/Picture2_023_rs.jpg

Tao
01-18-2006, 11:41 PM
If you want an e gun ions are a decent option. They are cheap and can fire relatively fast. They are the most common gun that I see around (other than Intimidators). However they are very ugly since they are mostly plastic (why they are cheap).

SpitFire1299
01-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Get like an old-school bushmaster with pds!! :D

Lohman446
01-19-2006, 08:59 AM
If you want an e gun ions are a decent option. They are cheap and can fire relatively fast. They are the most common gun that I see around (other than Intimidators). However they are very ugly since they are mostly plastic (why they are cheap).

This will be like the 100,893,453rd time it has been said. The Ion is not mostly plastic, it has a plastic outer shell...

slade
01-19-2006, 03:54 PM
on a much more serious note, i would NOT buy any "upgrades" for a long time, or until you have identified a specific problem you know to exist that routine maintaince will not fix. Lots of kiddies get suckered into hundreds of dollars of upgrades just to get the same performance they had out of the box. I know i was once upgrade crazy myself!!!
...which is why i always buy upgraded markers used :p

some upgrades are useful. clamping feedneck, new regs (some stock regs are really crap...) and a good ASA, although that isnt really an "upgrade". a board could be a good upgrade, it depends on the marker.

This will be like the 100,893,453rd time it has been said. The Ion is not mostly plastic, it has a plastic outer shell...
he said theyre ugly since theyre plastic which makes them cheap. they are hideous, no arguing with that. and the plastic makes them cheap because they can do a poor job as far as cosmetics are concerned, which makes the marker much faster to build. i just played a night with a dm4 with an ion reg, it worked fine but the lathe job was really rough... and i didnt really like how you adjust it, but thats another matter.

whether youre buying new or used, look into the promaster, its a great marker for the price. otherwise you can look into other used electros, like a 2k2 timmy, a matrix or dm4. maybe even a viking.