PDA

View Full Version : How many of you wanted to kick your self after...

E==Mag MAN
12-12-2001, 08:23 PM
how many of u made /started to make a fantasy emag but decided u couldnt compete with people with nice programs i made a tight emag might not win but was alot better than most of those but didnt enter it:(

nutz
12-12-2001, 08:33 PM
hmmm i entered mine but i did have some problems like that

FooTemps
12-12-2001, 08:55 PM
I'm being smacked down by those fully rendered pics right now... HECK, I'm even being smacked down by the poorly photoshoped or painted pics... I've only got 3 or 4 votes...

It looking nice doesn't really matter in this I think. I see a lot of poorly made pics but they're getting votes for creativity and they are unique.

Cha0tic
12-12-2001, 09:16 PM
well, tom said realistic. those high quality images can be very realistic.

but take dan from triggernomics, he has posted pictures of the starting phases of his e-mag. he scetched it out on paper. i think that looks very nice.

PaInTbALL zAcH
12-12-2001, 10:20 PM
I had a super tight emag extreme with ripper milling until i realized my demo photoshop doesnt save work because its a demo. There was no way I couldv'e sent it in

manike
12-13-2001, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by PaInTbALL zAcH
I had a super tight emag extreme with ripper milling until i realized my demo photoshop doesnt save work because its a demo. There was no way I couldv'e sent it in

Yes you could have. You could have just hit print screen and then opened up the image in paint or similiar saved that and then sent it in... There is always a way :)

manike

Snappy
12-13-2001, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
I'm being smacked down by those fully rendered pics right now... HECK, I'm even being smacked down by the poorly photoshoped or painted pics... I've only got 3 or 4 votes...

It looking nice doesn't really matter in this I think. I see a lot of poorly made pics but they're getting votes for creativity and they are unique.

Watch it. Don't let your frustrations over the contest become a flame towards others. Everyone worked for hours on end with whatever graphics program was available to come up with these designs. This is a Fantasy contest, not a "niceness" contest, so creativity and uniqueness count for a lot. Tom said "be creative" in the rules.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16013

And shartley said "Just because it is not perfect, does not mean it will not win! And just because some parts don't quite work correctly together should not stop you from trying it out. It is a concept... remember that. Some leeway WILL be given in the "reality" department. Just use your common sense."

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16014

Another thing you have to consider is that this kind of contest is based on opinion and the subjective views of people. I've competed in a number of different events where spectators and even other competitors said that I should have won, but what counts is the judges. This is just a part of life. Be happy with what you have, there are entries that haven't gotten a vote.