PDA

View Full Version : AGD Flatline

Pntball1866
01-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey, I was thinking about getting the Flatline System for my tank and was wondering what yalls opinions about it. Is it worth it? anyway....

Thanks

Dayspring
01-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Define "worth it."

VFX_Fenix
01-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Depends on what you want to use it for, if you have a bottle laying around that's shy a reg, sure I suppose it's worth it. The price of the Flatline reg itself is nearly as much as most pre-set tanks and for the vast majority of people, a screw-in style tank is 100% A-OKAY. I own 3 Flatlines and they're great, plenty fast enough for what I do.

You're other options are to get a preset reg. like the newest SP Max-Flo (though that's still pretty pricey) or grab a Cross Fire regulator or something like that.

This is all assuming you have a tank laying around that needs a reg.

Otherwise, unless you're going to be running some specific stuff, you should be fine with just a preset tank set-up.

Pntball1866
01-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Worth it as in should I spend $175 for it? Now VFX_Fenix my tank is having a leak and the reg is very long, Nitro Duck. If its not worth it then I'll just fix mine and leave it be. Also the Flatline is adjustable right?

nate2k191
01-16-2006, 11:39 PM
yea, flatline is adjustable, it has on/off on the tank, a low pressure and high pressure gauge. love mine

VFX_Fenix
01-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Worth it as in should I spend $175 for it? Now VFX_Fenix my tank is having a leak and the reg is very long, Nitro Duck. If its not worth it then I'll just fix mine and leave it be. Also the Flatline is adjustable right?

The Flatline would be a fine replacement for the Nitroduck, especially if you have an older model ND that has the wierd proprietary threads to screw the tank onto the reg. Given that it sounds like you want an adjustable reg, the Flatline is probably the way to go. Otherwise, as I said, an SP Max-Flo Micro or other preset regulator for air systems would be a better option in terms of money.

Jotsy
03-05-2006, 08:57 AM
hey, i have an opurtunity to pick up a flatline pretty cheap (in test till 2007). would it be worth it to replace my armageddon?

REDRT
03-05-2006, 12:22 PM
hey, i have an opurtunity to pick up a flatline pretty cheap (in test till 2007). would it be worth it to replace my armageddon?

It is lighter than the Armageddon, but I think the geddon performs better. Haven't ever been happy with the flatline performance. I posted my discontent years ago already. My 68/3k flatline will not begin to keep up with a stock Emag. Everybody cool your jets! I sent it in to AGD for service about 1.5 ago. A total rebuild. It still was/is useless on an Emag. My flatline is currently on my minimag it works great on that. I thought it was a little lacky on the RT compaired to the AA regs though. Yeah, I seem to be the only one ever that has had problems, but what can I say? I'm now getting away from adj regs and going preset. I might just sell off all my adj stuff.

jenarelJAM
03-05-2006, 05:26 PM
The flatline was worth it for me. I had bad experience witht he nitro duck x-stream, and finalyl decided to shell out a little more cash for a REAL adjustable. I was not sorry. If you have the extra cash, the adjustability is awesome for a mag. You can turn it up(not in a game guys) to mess around with the RT, and you can turn it back down really easily for playing. It's really consistant, and fairly fast recharge. I can't outshoot it(with the exception of the time i got clogged because my field didnt filter).
It's really up to you, If you have a HP and LP gun, an adjustable would be nice, and its also nice for the reasons stated above, but thats extra $ over a crossfire preset might be better used elsewhere. I love mine, you'll have to make up your own mind.