PDA

View Full Version : So, when is SP getting rid of the Nerve? AKA Holy cow look at this deal

Lohman446
01-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Wow... sometimes you see prices and think someone must know something the rest of us don't

http://www.punisherspb.com/images/email/nerve-ad.jpg

So, thats a nerve, stainless freak kit, max flo, upgraded to 68/45 tank for $900?

Thats some pretty good prices.. almost makes you wonder why.

Cow hunter
01-16-2006, 10:18 PM
ion effect? fast guns for cheap, which may not be too reliable......
or maybe its time for a new model, OR theyre all defective somehow

huh, maybe somethin to do with "phone order only"?

neppo1345
01-16-2006, 10:19 PM
I had the opportunity to talk to a former employee of SP...(friend of mine)

He told me that the shocker and Nerve should have had their prices switched...

You don't get anything with the nerve you don't get with the shocker...it was just really over hyped...

minimag03
01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
What did you expect? Their Vision Shocker cost $100 more than the Nerve itself on most sites. Thats strange since the Nerve was once considered their top-of-the-line marker. SP also sticks all their sponcered teams with Shockers and gives them their own private labels. I believe the Nerve was dead a month after it was released.

Lohman446
01-16-2006, 10:22 PM
I had the opportunity to talk to a former employee of SP...(friend of mine)

He told me that the shocker and Nerve should have had their prices switched...

You don't get anything with the nerve you don't get with the shocker...it was just really over hyped...

I have had similar conversations with SP personal, that have acknowledged zero advantage to the nerve over the Shocker in a bigger package.

quik
01-16-2006, 10:23 PM
$900 for a Impulse and 68/4500 Max-Flo? I wouldnt say that is very cheap.

Lohman446
01-16-2006, 10:23 PM
ion effect? fast guns for cheap, which may not be too reliable......
or maybe its time for a new model, OR theyre all defective somehow

huh, maybe somethin to do with "phone order only"?

I got it in an e-mail I beleive to be authentically from Punishers, but you do have an interesting point here that it may be a complex scam - maybe?

zackzel
01-16-2006, 11:00 PM
I got it in an e-mail I beleive to be authentically from Punishers, but you do have an interesting point here that it may be a complex scam - maybe?

Wish I would have seen this early, I could have stopped in the shop today. It just happens to be just down the street from my favorite bar.

CoolHand
01-17-2006, 03:04 AM
It's legit.

I got the same flier from SP on Monday morning.

They're dropping the prices on the Nerves to get them out there.

IMO they are nice markers. Same crappy alum as always, but very few orings to leak on you.

It's really a very well designed stacked tube poppet marker, it's just not cool anymore, so in a great many player's eyes, it "sucks".

It's a good deal if you want an Ego or a Timmy and can't afford to drop the near 2G's it would take to get one decked out like that.

If I didn't already have three Vikings, AND I needed another marker, I'd have already bought one myself.

And to whoever called it an Impulse - Yeah, it sure is. Just like that Angel G7, and that Ego, and that Timmy, and that Viking, and that Alien whatever, and NME, and Bushmaster, and Promaster, and. . . . . . . . well, you get the idea.

If you think a Nerve will perform like an Impulse, you are sorely mistaken.

BTW, the Impulse was a bad dude when it was brand new, so don't bag on it too hard. There is something to be said for being to the party first. I remember when Imps and Angels were basically it for open bolt electros.

manike
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Easy there, the Bushmaster was out before the Impulse. :D

To start with it was just PVI shockers and Angels, then along came the Bushmaster, then the Impulse.

Lohman446
01-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Well... truthfully I was looking into an Intimidator this year, but I had the store that helps me out call and check prices on these from SP. Looks like my backup might be a Nerve.

FSU_Paintball
01-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Nothing wrong with the Nerve... there's just no reason to buy it when you could get a Shocker instead. I never thought there was a market for it.

Lohman446
01-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Nothing wrong with the Nerve... there's just no reason to buy it when you could get a Shocker instead. I never thought there was a market for it.

I agree the Shocker to be a better marker. That being said if I can get a nerve at a steal price theres no reason not to buy it either :)

BigEvil
01-17-2006, 11:10 AM
SP basically missed thier opportunity by announcing the NErve a year too early before they actually came out. Hype-overload.

slade
01-17-2006, 11:47 AM
when i clicked this link i was expecting a nerve for ~500.

$800 is still overpriced. i wouldnt even get one for $500. ...then again, i never buy new, and i never saw anything in the nerve anyway.

CoolHand
01-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Easy there, the Bushmaster was out before the Impulse. :D

To start with it was just PVI shockers and Angels, then along came the Bushmaster, then the Impulse.

Yeah, you got me there. I had an old bushy when they were brand new, but it was a horrible marker. After five terrible technical experiences in a row with other Bushys, I swore them off forever (and apparently flushed them from my memory as well).

I haven't been really impressed with ICD stuff since. That is, until the new Promaster showed up. I've thought about picking one of those up too, but RE above about why I don't own a Nerve.

Nice to see you post.

Have a good one.

slade
01-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah, you got me there. I had an old bushy when they were brand new, but it was a horrible marker. After five terrible technical experiences in a row with other Bushys, I swore them off forever (and apparently flushed them from my memory as well).

I haven't been really impressed with ICD stuff since. That is, until the new Promaster showed up. I've thought about picking one of those up too, but RE above about why I don't own a Nerve.

Nice to see you post.

Have a good one.
icd markers are nice, and the promaster is great for the price. my friend has one. ...my team would argue against icd markers being nice, but i loved my freestyle.

punkncat
01-18-2006, 10:42 PM

Nice to see you post.

Have a good one.

I really enjoyed my Bushy. I did have to change the regs cause they caused much problem, but once that was done I had a really nice reliable marker.

Teamslayer76
01-19-2006, 02:24 PM
I must admit I've had problems with Smart Parts with my Nerve. A new LPR was to be inculded with my gun and it wasnt. They said it was until I sent pictures of the gun and serial number.
Thats the only problem with my Nerve. So you can't take blows at it. Unless you've shot it.

BTW, I'm glad to hear some people might consider purchasing this deal! I sure wish I had!
They are truly great markers.

Lohman446
01-19-2006, 02:26 PM
I must admit I've had problems with Smart Parts with my Nerve. A new LPR was to be inculded with my gun and it wasnt. They said it was until I sent pictures of the gun and serial number.
Thats the only problem with my Nerve. So you can't take blows at it. Unless you've shot it.

BTW, I'm glad to hear some people might consider purchasing this deal! I sure wish I had!
They are truly great markers.

You related to Warped?

SPECK
01-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I never saw the point, They aren't bad, just expensive.
It is like they took a Shocker and slapped an extra hunk of metal on the top.

It actually reminds me of a DM5.

Teamslayer76
01-20-2006, 08:54 AM
You related to Warped?
No, I can't really say I am. LOL!
The thing I was trying to convey was the only thing crappy about Smartparts is the Quality Controll and customer service. pshh. :)

wanna-b-ballin'
01-20-2006, 02:29 PM
my friend had a vision impulse, and i actually liked it. it was just a little tall for me. when he was having a trigger job done to it at a iisports, the guy said his board was cracking, and that his gun would break soon. so he sold it without even looking at the board himself.
what would cause the board to crack?
i think its just someones dislike for SP and a bunch of BS.

mobsterboy
01-20-2006, 04:32 PM
board to crack? Got me there, unless you overtightened the screws
Imps were nice, but its a phase. You either liked imps or you didnt. Imps are def nicer than bushys and bkos tho.
3 vikes eh coolhand... :D expect a pm from me :ninja: